PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Running Backs

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, ESPN's James Walker looks at the Pats' RB situation:

Patriots venture into unknown at tailback - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

For Walker, it's not a bad read. I do find the following quote from Ivan Fears a bit puzzling:

"We have a bunch of young kids that have a lot more to learn," Patriots running back coach Ivan Fears said. "I had a lot of guys [last year] who experienced the game and knew what to expect in the pro game. These guys are young."

"Lots of guys"? Fears had Woodhead, Ridley and Vereen just as now. He had BJGE and he had Kevin Faulk for roughly half a season, now he has Joseph Addai and a couple of experienced fullbacks. Faulk may be incomparable as a mentor, but that's different than "I had a lot of guys".

So Fears exagerrated a bit!

Last year, we had three veterans. We had veterans at starting and 3rd down back. Now we have just Woodhead and Addai (not exactly a patriots veteran RB).

There is no getting around that we are counting on the kids for a lot.

FWIW, ESPN's James Walker looks at the Pats' RB situation:

Patriots venture into unknown at tailback - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

For Walker, it's not a bad read. I do find the following quote from Ivan Fears a bit puzzling:

"Lots of guys"? Fears had Woodhead, Ridley and Vereen just as now. He had BJGE and he had Kevin Faulk for roughly half a season, now he has Joseph Addai and a couple of experienced fullbacks. Faulk may be incomparable as a mentor, but that's different than "I had a lot of guys".

I do find the following quote from Ivan Fears a bit puzzling:

Mayo, notice that the phrase "last year" was inserted by the writer/editor to make the quote fit in context! I'll bet Fears was talking about recent years in general, like the Faulk/Taylor/Morris group.

Last edited:
Mayo, notice that the phrase "last year" was inserted by the writer/editor to make the quote fit in context! I'll bet Fears was talking about recent years in general, like the Faulk/Taylor/Morris group.

That makes much more sense. Thanks.

Based on stats....Ridley and Demarco Murray are almost identical. Ridley had fewer carries but his stats stck up nicely with Demarco's.

DeMarco Murray (Cowboys, 3rd round, 71st overall) -- 164 rushes for 897 yards (5.4), 2 TDs

Stevan Ridley (Patriots, 3rd round, 73rd overall) -- 87 rushes for 441 yards (5.0), 1 TD

Vereen should be a welcome addition to Pats backfield.

Full OTA's,mini camp and TC should help youngsters along immensely...that and a healthy Vereen :rocker:

Just as long as Shane doesn't have too much of uncle Ben in him... after the Maroney experience I'm just sort of soured on the possibility of a dancing gene here... and no I don't mean this dancing Gene...

Singing_3.jpg

Just as long as Shane doesn't have too much of uncle Ben in him... after the Maroney experience I'm just sort of soured on the possibility of a dancing gene here... and no I don't mean this dancing Gene...

Good ol' daddy Ben has way too much class to sire the likes of a Maroney.

Last edited:

Singing_3.jpg

Not to worry. :cool:

"Shattering" Shane Vereen will cure all ills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back