PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats offering #23 & #47 to Jax @ #8 According to Peter King

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just heard it on WEEI.

Last edited:
I wondered about that as a possibility last night when on Countdown to the Draft they (I forget who, M. Lombardi I think) said that Jax is desperate to trade down and would trade "below value".

This certainly makes sense. The question is whether such a deal is contingent on a particular player being there. The alternative is that #8 give us many acceptable options.

looks like we are eyeing an OT

2 things come to mind:

1. How the hell would Peter King know this?

2. If true, then are they targeting a pass rusher or and OL?

Thoughts?

I just turned it on and they are discussing offensive players. Did King say they were trying to move up to 8 for a player on offense, or just moving up?

With the rumors of Curry falling, that's the guy I'm praying we deal up for and that he actually does fall a bit. Curry and Mayo inside for the next decade would be absolutely insane.

Last edited:
Peter suggest Tyson Jackson, but also said it could for offense. :confused:

Three of Jackson, Curry, Jenkins and Andre Smith should be there at 8. My expectation is that 2 QB's, 2 OT's and 2 WR's will be gone plus one of the above players.

Last edited:
How much of a reach would Jenkins be at 8?

i wonder if this following scenario is being thought by the Pats...

why not trade up to #8 PRIOR to the draft. if during the draft a player slips to #8, preferably Sanchez or Crabtree, we would be able to hold out for a humungous deal to a team looking to trade up

Assuming that King can't get any info from the tight-lipped Pats organization, has to be coming out of Jax.

(Although I question whether the Pats see anyone at #8 that's worth the kind of money you'd need to sign someone there. Would have to be for someone they thought would anchor their D line or O line for years to come)

why not trade up to #8 PRIOR to the draft. if during the draft a player slips to #8, preferably Sanchez or Crabtree, we would be able to hold out for a humungous deal to a team looking to trade up

Could be. Never know with these guys.

Totally agree.

In his pre-draft press conference he was talking about how few teams make pre-draft draft choice trades (rather than trading up for specific players on draft day), but that he was comfortable doing it. It seemed, to me at least, that it was something that was in his current thinking.

There's a lot of power that comes from being on the clock with a slipped player still sitting there.

Peter suggest Tyson Jackson, but also said it could for offense. :confused:
I wouldn't be thrilled with Jackson BUT I do see the value of a good backup for Warren and Seymour and a guy who could legitimately replace Seymour assuming he leaves next year.

Assuming that King can't get any info from the tight-lipped Pats organization, has to be coming out of Jax.

Why would Jax leak the fact they're getting dog**** offers for the 8th pick?

I can see why the Pats would do this not just for any specific player, but to get that 6 year rookie contract.

Last edited:
I'm baffled. The Sanchez ransom idea makes some sense, but there's a good chance he will go before 8. I find it hard to believe that they would do this BEFORE the draft if they were going for a particular player.

Holy crap. Who could it be? Curry? Oher? Raji? Smith?

Edit: Jackson?

Last edited:
Could be Raji as well... I think that #8 would be a great place to see what falls to you. As was mentioned above, you could always listen about trading back.

I find it hard to believe that they would do this BEFORE the draft if they were going for a particular player.

Maybe the trade is on the table pending the targeted player being available at 8.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back