PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats offering #23 & #47 to Jax @ #8 According to Peter King

I don't buy it! A week ago Bill said he can trade up, down or not at all, but these decisions will take place at the draft because this draft is unpredictable. The fact that we hear about this the day before and from a columnist not known for knowing anything really, is a huge blip on my BS detector.

Which is why this will never happen--overkill.

Overkill? It typically takes 3 years for a WR to develop. In 3 years, when Crabtree is hitting his stride, Moss will be 35. Galloway will be turning 41, and won't even be on the team. Welker will be 31. We'll certainly need more receivers at that point.

I am always excited on draft day, but usually need time to digest what BB did on draft day. I am a very bad airchair GM.

This year I love that BB let leak that he looking to move up. Is he setting up something? Or does he really have someone targeted?

Should be interesting.

I am excited on draft day until the Pats start trading all their

picks away. What follows is a year of bickering among forum

members.

I don't buy it! A week ago Bill said he can trade up, down or not at all, but these decisions will take place at the draft because this draft is unpredictable. The fact that we hear about this the day before and from a columnist not known for knowing anything really, is a huge blip on my BS detector.

He also, at the same time, said he was comfortable trading picks before the draft.

"blind squirrel"

If you predict every possible eventuality, then next year everyone will have forgotten everything except the one thing you got right.

He also, at the same time, said he was comfortable trading picks before the draft.

I'm still not sure why so many people missed this point from the press conference. He said it about 3 times.

I'm still not sure why so many people missed this point from the press conference. He said it about 3 times.

because people have no interest in the truth, only in parroting their own agenda.

Not everyone in the world, or even everyone on this message board, heard the press conference and/or read the transcript.

Not everyone in the world, or even everyone on this message board, heard the press conference and/or read the transcript.

Then they probably shouldn't be suggesting Belichick said something entirely different during the press conference.

Then they probably shouldn't be suggesting Belichick said something entirely different during the press conference.

It becomes part of the rumor line and people repeat the snippets they've heard. It happens. People miss lines of things they watch, too, for various reasons.

Man, this draft starting at 3:00 pm crap needs to never happen again.

looks like we are eyeing an OT

Doesn't seem that way to me. The top OTs could be gone by pick 6. Heck Raji might not even be there. They might be eying Tyson Jackson. But KC is rumored to like him. So maybe they think/know that Curry will slide? I think the trade is contingent on somebody sliding that they like.

Last edited:

I only quoted him and highlights that statement about 6 times.

NFLN's Kara Henderson who is in NJ is now reporting that the JETS and Jax have a deal in place for #8 pending a certain player being available at that slot...

NFLN's Kara Henderson who is in NJ is now reporting that the JETS and Jax have a deal in place for #8 pending a certain player being available at that slot...

I love the JESTS trading up. It's SO fraught with danger as they piss picks away.

Well who are the Pats trading up with then? JAX can't trade with both the Jets and the Pats. LOL. Smokescreen?

Well who are the Pats trading up with then? JAX can't trade with both the Jets and the Pats. LOL. Smokescreen?

No one, at the moment. They're throwing stuff out to see if they can get a fire sale price.

No one, at the moment. They're throwing stuff out to see if they can get a fire sale price.

That's a good point! With all the picks we have in a weak draft, why not expand the possibilities.

That's a good point! With all the picks we have in a weak draft, why not expand the possibilities.
Weak? I was under the impression that this draft isn't that strong at the top, but is incredibly deep.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back