PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats give Wright 2nd round tender

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this means is that they're fairly happy to pay him second-round-tender money.

Wes Welker he's not. :)

No one outside New England figured that anyone would cough up a second for Welker. . . . :D

Seriously, though, I think it's possible that someone gives up a second for him, but I'd put the probability at 10-20% at most.

No one outside New England figured that anyone would cough up a second for Welker. . . . :D

Seriously, though, I think it's possible that someone gives up a second for him, but I'd put the probability at 10-20% at most.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Jets do.

I heard from another forum there was a 3rd rd tender which seems more likely. I dont know how I feel about this....think about this scenario....
Dorsey drops to us, we HAVE to take him. They talked with Wilfork this week and he was unwilling to extend because of the possibility of uncapped years coming(BIG $$). We get Dorsey,trade Vince, now we NEED a guy there who knows the system..... Red Bryant was the guy I look to at nose if we lose Wright and keep Vince, but there are alot of variables to think about. We dont want to be leveraged against the cap having to spend with the teams like Washington and Dallas that will have unlimited budgets.

The Pats are right up there with Dallas and Washington as the three most valuable franchises. I don't know what the respective cash flows are, but I have confidence that Bob Kraft and the Pats FO will adapt as well as anyone to an uncapped situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes