PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats fans cant buy tix? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats Fans barred from buying tickets in SD

i thought i saw the chicago bears were doing the same thing:

BEARS NOT ALONE IN RESTRICTING TICKETS

We received a flurry of e-mails overnight regarding our item on the Bears limiting playoff ticket sales to credit cards with a billing address in Illinois or northern Indiana. (We also received a few more e-mails regarding a specific form of, um, enhancement.)

As it turns out, the Bears aren't alone. The Chargers made tickets to their game against the Patriots available earlier this week, and announced that the sales would be limited to Southern California zip codes.

We've also been told of other NFL teams and NHL and MLB teams that are doing the same thing.

But what's really the purpose? Some think that the goal is to prevent companies like StubHub from snatching the tickets. But if these high-tech brokers are able to set up local locations for retrieving tickets to events at venues across the country, they surely are able to create Visa accounts with billing addresses in every state and major city.

So the real goal might simply be to ensure that more homers will be at the home games, and fewer folks rooting for the foe.

We still think there's something wrong with all of this. Items made available to the public should be made available to the entire public, without drawing geographic lines. At a time when a pro-consumer Congress is poised to flap its wings in the direction of the NFL's in-house network, it might be time for the 32 teams to reconsider any other practices that could catch the attention of the federal legislators.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Re: Alex Spanos, Chargers owner, is a peice of trash

mods please delete lobster's uninsightful post. it's already been covered that this is standard practice amongst all NFL teams in another thread.

Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about.

mods please delete lobster's uninsightful post. it's already been covered that this is standard practice amongst all NFL teams in another thread.

You want posts deleted because you find them "uninsightful"? Interesting approach.

* I live in Livermore, Ca and have never been shut out when the Patriots put single game tickets onsale throught Ticketmaster in May/June.

Re: Pats fans cant buy tix?

didn't the Colts do this last year and it got media attention? as someone else mentioned, apparently the Pats have done it. It doesn't surprise me at all, and it also makes sense that a team wants to reward its own fans with postseason tickets, not the fans of opposing teams.

all of this said i don't like it. i understand it, but i don't like it. eh, they can do whatever they want.

sometimes i think pro teams should have opposing team sections. i always loved going to away college hockey games and sitting in our own section. teams should have traveling pep bands too.

That is one of my favorite things about college football - the bands and the fans from both places. Makes it much more interesting....I mean part of the fun is innocent smack talk

Those lucky pats fans able to get tix to this game, go out and represent us proudly!!! I'm sure there are other ways to get tix.

This act of the Chargers is total disrespect to the Pats team and the Pats fans. Go Pats:rocker:

This act of the Chargers is total disrespect to the Pats team and the Pats fans. Go Pats:rocker:

Exactly!! This is absolutely bulletin board material for the Pats. This is exactly the type of disrespect that pisses them off. I think it's great.

Dumb move by the Chargers front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes