PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats cut Maneri...could this mean Mankins returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Mike Reiss he was picked up off Waivers by the Texans. So no practice squad for maneri...
Huh????? What does waivers have to do with PSquad eligibility??? Is this some new rule?? As a first year player..Maneri is VERY eligible for the Practice Squad..

Huh????? What does waivers have to do with PSquad eligibility??? Is this some new rule?? As a first year player..Maneri is VERY eligible for the Practice Squad..

I think I read on this board that there is a rule - if a player is claimed off waivers, he has to be on the roster for 3 weeks in order to be eligible for PS. Thus, he was on the roster exactly for 3 weeks and appears to be headed for PS unless someone else claims him.

NO..it does not mean that at all...it means they may or may NOT try to get Maneri back on the PSquad depending on a few things...it also means they will add a player who they think MAY help them against the Fins...It could be a vet defensive back...possibly a running back (If Taylor is dinged up a bit)..or ??? Could be a ST player..who knows?? I DO think they will make a move today tomorrow if it is a vet..to give plenty of time with the team before the game. If the roster spot is not filled by the weekend..I would guess that the spot would be filled by a PSquad player.

I pray to any God who is LISTENING: Let All Pass on Brother Steve Maneri!!

He is one of my Super Binkies!! :D

As a Tight End who was FANATICAL about blocking in College, he has IMMENSE potential as a Tackle...

I am PRAYING that he makes to our Practice Squad!!

I think I read on this board that there is a rule - if a player is claimed off waivers, he has to be on the roster for 3 weeks in order to be eligible for PS. Thus, he was on the roster exactly for 3 weeks and appears to be headed for PS unless someone else claims him.
Being on the roster for 3 weeks MIGHT be a waiver rule...but there is nothing in the practice Squad eligibility rules that mention waivers.

Being on the roster for 3 weeks MIGHT be a waiver rule...but there is nothing in the practice Squad eligibility rules that mention waivers.
The rule is that if yuo sign a player from another teams practice squad, he must stay on the 53 for at least 3 weeks.
The 3 week rule has absolutely nothing to do with Maneri.

Trent Edwards?

The rule is that if yuo sign a player from another teams practice squad, he must stay on the 53 for at least 3 weeks.

Thanks. That must be what I was thinking of. Then it's just a coincidence. Weird though that they kept him 3 weeks and waived him on a Monday with nobody to take his place.

Re: NFP: Patriots cut Maneri

So we added some incentive to change Schobels mind?

Goodness, I'd love to see that guy on this team. We could use him big-time.

I did not think it did...

I think it has been 24 hours so what gives? Is Maneri on the PS? Is the 53rd spot filled?

I think it has been 24 hours so what gives? Is Maneri on the PS? Is the 53rd spot filled?
No and No....maybe a late evening move OR Wed AM..as I said earlier if its a PSquad move..or if they are waiting to find out more about injuries..it could happen later than sooner...On Maneri..THAT IS if they like what they see...and if no one else signs him..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents