PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats back door playoffs tracker

think there's a pretty high likelihood the Jaguars beat the Titans
I hear ya, but there’s something about these Vrabel teams that refuses to die, and it’s still the Jags

Dobbs was actually good. Titan's got burned by horrible drops and terrible officiating that won't receive national attention because it's just the Titans.

I hear ya, but there’s something about these Vrabel teams that refuses to die, and it’s still the Jags
They're on their third string QB or something in TEN though and they're 7-9. The Jags also have been playing pretty well - Lawrence is good and Doug Pederson is a decent coach. Jacksonville just recently beat Dallas, whereas Tennessee got dominated by Dallas the following week.

This is why 98.5 is actually good for those who listen and not just assume. Dated December 9 2021 when the Pats were 9-4.

That guy was saying exactly what Reiss published in an article about teams that since 2015 (?) spend the most in FA get a +5 win bump that year but then fall back -5 the following year.

In the Pats case, they got a +3 win bump in 2021 and so far a -2 win drop. The Jags spent the most in 2022 and so far have a +5 win bump.

That guy was saying exactly what Reiss published in an article about teams that since 2015 (?) spend the most in FA get a +5 win bump that year but then fall back -5 the following year.

In the Pats case, they got a +3 win bump in 2021 and so far a -2 win drop. The Jags spent the most in 2022 and so far have a +5 win bump.
That is a very interesting trend to keep track of, it seems like it mostly holds true.

That is a very interesting trend to keep track of, it seems like it mostly holds true.
I'll have to dig up the article. The teams were mainly bottom dwellers that had the highest cap $$ and spent the most, so the +5 win avg bump makes sense. Kraft even said after FAcy that we used to laugh at teams that did this (win the offseason) and it wasn't the way to do it (draft being more important).

Wouldn’t shock me to see cleveland pull the upset next week. Don’t underestimate how much last night could’ve taken out of the Steelers.

Oh it’s like 99%

If someone says “book it” you can pretty much guarantee that that thing will not, in fact, be booked.
PS thanks for the avatar/sig inspiration! :haha:
3IFAmJo.jpg

Love some good backdoor action.
My wife and I just don't understand the appeal of... [the Pats making it to the playoffs with a Steelers, Titans, and Dolphins loss]. It just seems unsanitary and dirty.

That raiders loss man…win that and we’d be in already ffs

The bengals fumble I can kind of accept as they are clearly the better team and expected to beat us.

Fat chance of us beating the bills imo but at least something to play for. Probably end up facing them again first round if we do lol

Sign me up for the +5 wins bump next year. Break out that straight cash Mr. Kraft.

Pats fans care. Of course they do. What true fanbase doesn't defend their team from criticism?

You want the team to be legit, correct? An 8-9 playoff team that only beats backups and Zach Wilson is not legit.

Yes, but nobody cares if people outside of New England are laughing at them. Moreover, if anyone is juvenile and insecure enough to laugh at someone else because of what their football team did, nobody cares.

This is why 98.5 is actually good for those who listen and not just assume. Dated December 9 2021 when the Pats were 9-4.

Would rather stick needles in my eyes. A show producer finds Reiss' article, says "Let's do a bit on this, who is going to take which side?" and they design the debate. Come to the show to pretend that these are genuine, passionate opinions. Get all lathered up about a hypothetical that will be played out months later. Run the argument for as long as it seems to have energy, with no intellectual contribution beyond the one point in the article, sprinkled in with a few personal insults. Give listeners to take in some commercials.

Yes, but nobody cares if people outside of New England are laughing at them. Moreover, if anyone is juvenile and insecure enough to laugh at someone else because of what their football team did, nobody cares.
You're taking that word literally? :rolleyes:

Any team that backs into playoffs with a sub .500 record will not be considered legit or taken seriously.

Bumping this just because I like seeing "backdoor" on the first page.

If they lose to Buffalo, the need:

Jags to Beat the Tits
Jets to beat the Phins
Browns to beat the Steelers

in which case they get Buffalo again next week. If they do beat Buffalo and Cincy beats Baltimore, then the Pats will play Cincy

I believe that the Steelers will win.

The Browns are better on paper, but the Steelers are on a roll having won 3 straight and 5 of the 6 last games. It just seems like a W for Pitt with the playoffs on the line, at home and vs the hated Browns. The Browns have not won at Pitt in the regular season in 18 years since 2003.

2022 Kenny Pickett 3 - 4th quarter comebacks and 4 game winning drives.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back