PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats back door playoffs tracker

Sorry Ross, I saw a tweet with the info and got too excited and just posted. Didn’t mean to steal your thunder.
You didn’t, I was referring to Triumph’s post. You’re good. Your post got merged into his.

Do you actually believe that I'm taking credit for your post?

I simply wanted to track all the games that NE needs to have go their way in real time. In 1 location instead of searching through posts to find the magic formula and for everyone to see because Mac Jones is not rolling into Buffalo and beating the Bills.

My idea was helpful to at least 1 person. Nikolai who is in the military and I assume still out of the country.
Just thought it was funny that it was a direct copy/paste of my post.

So would need:
Jags over Titans
Jets over Dolphins
Browns over Steelers

The Jags are the only one I'm actually confident about. The Jets may be playing even worse than Miami right now and the Browns aren't trustworthy at all, lost to the Saints last week.
As I've posted before, IMO the only Patriots teams that belong in the playoffs are the ones that earn their way in, so I'm almost indifferent to backing-in scenarios now*. I guess it's also because I've been spoiled :haha:

*Full disclosure - I remember, decades ago, eagerly poring over the standings, trying to figure out who to root against for playoff positioning. Makes me a bit nostalgic :haha:

As I've posted before, IMO the only Patriots teams that belong in the playoffs are the ones that earn their way in, so I'm almost indifferent to backing-in scenarios now*. I guess it's also because I've been spoiled :haha:

*Full disclosure - I remember, decades ago, eagerly poring over the standings, trying to figure out who to root against for playoff positioning. Makes me a bit nostalgic :haha:
For 20+ years the #1 goal was always to win the division. Those days are gone (so far). I'm ok with backing into the playoffs. To me more disappointing is the trend since 2019 of ending the months of Dec-Jan with a losing record incl. playoffs which is so un-Belichick like:

2019: 2-4 (12-5)
2020: 2-3 (7-9)
2021: 2-4 (10-8)
2022: 2-3 (8-8)

These results are consistent regardless of the QB/OC involved. This may be an indication of Belichick not being able to get the most out of his teams in his latter years.

Nobody cares.
Pats fans care. Of course they do. What true fanbase doesn't defend their team from criticism?

You want the team to be legit, correct? An 8-9 playoff team that only beats backups and Zach Wilson is not legit.

Pats fans care. Of course they do. What true fanbase doesn't defend their team from criticism?

You want the team to be legit, correct? An 8-9 playoff team that only beats backups and Zach Wilson is not legit.
The Jete will be laughing all the way to the golf course. :rofl:

honestly id rather play KC on the road vs the Bills

Just thought it was funny that it was a direct copy/paste of my post.
I bolded the games that were done and added a YES.
The rest of the games ending, I added scores and time remaining.

It was not to impress anybody here and it was not if someone asked about playoff scenarios and I responded directly to them with your data. Quite frankly, Im glad if someone uses information that I've shared on the forum. Go ahead and copy, paste, improve to your hearts content. That's what this place is for.

Its like wearing a toupee.

Eventually a gust of wind cones along and blows it off leaving the guy exposed. You can hide for so long.

LOL, yes, I remember having the newspaper out on the dining room table doing all kinds of calculus trying to figure which team needed to lose to which, by how much etc...

Ah the good old days :)

I seriously thought the Patriots had a 50/50 chance to make it in prior to last night's Steelers game. Can't believe Baltimore blew the 13-3 lead.

Now I'm thinking there's a snowball's chance in hell.

I seriously thought the Patriots had a 50/50 chance to make it in prior to last night's Steelers game. Can't believe Baltimore blew the 13-3 lead.

Now I'm thinking there's a snowball's chance in hell.
I think there's a pretty high likelihood the Jaguars beat the Titans, and I also believe the Miami/Jets game is a toss-up because Miami seems to just be in full meltdown mode and Mike White is at least average and wants to prove he should be the QB next year. But... I have a hard time envisioning the Steelers losing to the Browns with their postseason hopes on the line.

So I'm not the only one to notice that eerie phenomenon! :haha:
Oh it’s like 99%

If someone says “book it” you can pretty much guarantee that that thing will not, in fact, be booked.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back