PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats angling to get picks back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this too but I would be surprised if it really did any good. However, if they're putting it on the site then it's not a stretch to wonder if Kraft is talking internally with the League Office about making something happen.

We're not going to see those pick this year if at all. No way Roger gives those picks back while the appeal process is going on.

Nice that the Pats have kept the Wells report in context site up though.

I saw this too but I would be surprised if it really did any good. However, if they're putting it on the site then it's not a stretch to wonder if Kraft is talking internally with the League Office about making something happen.
I figured put it out there and keep the narrative alive. It's gotten over 350 comments in less than 24 hours. Alot of the same rehashed arguments but it's on a national site and most of the comments are favorable to NE, and most that aren't look like serious trolls.

I know Florio and his staff pay attention to this site and it is the offseason. With the appeal hearing drawing closer the chorus will get louder and louder. When Goodell loses on Thursday the injustice of the lost draft picks will be vocalized by more and more media outlets. The villians at 345 Park Ave will never completely quell the voracity of indignified Patriot fans, but giving the picks back could go a long way in saving face on the national stage.

Maybe Kraft is using the site to help get owners on board ...
if he gets a majority of owners on his side then Goodell's hand will be forced.
The way to get the picks back is through owners pressure on Goodell IMO.
Clearly evidence ... logic and fairness with the NFL office is futile.

They have been consistently updating that site since it went live
Haven't checked myself in awhile, but I'll take your word for it @robertweathers since you seem to be a consistent and rational poster. The article kind of suggested otherwise but it's time I poked around there again anyway to see for myself.

I'm not holding my breath on us getting those picks back.

I figured put it out there and keep the narrative alive. It's gotten over 350 comments in less than 24 hours. Alot of the same rehashed arguments but it's on a national site and most of the comments are favorable to NE, and most that aren't look like serious trolls.

I know Florio and his staff pay attention to this site and it is the offseason. With the appeal hearing drawing closer the chorus will get louder and louder. When Goodell loses on Thursday the injustice of the lost draft picks will be vocalized by more and more media outlets. The villians at 345 Park Ave will never completely quell the voracity of indignified Patriot fans, but giving the picks back could go a long way in saving face on the national stage.

There's a better chance of the Pats signing Gisele than of the court ruling on Thursday. ;)

There's a better chance of the Pats signing Gisele than of the court ruling on Thursday. ;)
True, but the transcripts will be available shortly after and the opinions of "experts" will happen in the immediate aftermath.

Because that's the right arena for this fight, right? Tucked way in a place where people have to search out and read 20,000 odd words on a website. News flash, nobody except Patriot fans will read it, not the NFL, not other owners and not 99% of the media. So good luck with the passive approach, it should work real well.

Yep, should be getting the pics back any day now.

I support any and all such efforts by Kraft & whomever. The universe started from almost zero so maybe there's a chance however infinitesimal.
Even more so the battle for the minds of the thoughtful is being won. Brady legacy is the issue.

Because that's the right arena for this fight, right? Tucked way in a place where people have to search out and read 20,000 odd words on a website. News flash, nobody except Patriot fans will read it, not the NFL, not other owners and not 99% of the media. So good luck with the passive approach, it should work real well.

Yep, should be getting the pics back any day now.

I second this post...clearly the site is targeted at people who already realize the truth and/or like the Patriots. It was a step in the right direction nine months ago, but if this is all they are doing after all this time, it is laughable. I hope no one is buying into the false idea that updating the website does anything to change opinions or carry influence.

That website is regularly getting updated with info that makes the league look bad and stating DeflateGate was a farce. The only difference is there were two very anti-League/pro-Patriots articles that came out in the last few weeks.

The Pats are not getting their picks back short of a 60 Minutes expose that shows clear and incontrovertible proof that Wells, Exponent, and Goodell framed the Patriots and the Pats are 100% innocent. And even in that case, I give it a 50-50 chance.

The site has existed for a while but still nfl went all the way to the 2nd circuit . shows how much they are really bothered by this.

The Pats are not getting their picks back short of a 60 Minutes expose that shows clear and incontrovertible proof that Wells, Exponent, and Goodell framed the Patriots and the Pats are 100% innocent. And even in that case, I give it a 50-50 chance.

Starring Nathan Thurm as Jeff Pash?

It's past time that the Pats go on the offensive. Kraft must know which teams are the ones who are pushing for the Pats to be punished in spite of there being no violation. It's time to start filing official complaints with the NYJFL against those teams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference