PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

J Jones agrees w/ Venecol on BB not relating w/ young generation

100%. My twins,are college freshmen. Or is that freshpeople? One boy,one girl.
They are both extremely responsible, very appreciative of everything, the opposite of entitled, with great work ethics and are both very kind and polite.
They're both light-years better humans than I was at their age.
It ain't the generation, upbringing has a lot to do with it. I give my ex wife the lions share of credit since we divorced when they were younger. But we always were on the same page with the kids.
Our Jr & Fr in college and Jr in HS are the same way. We aren't perfect parents but they "grind", are respectful and assume the world is not fair. Can't ask for much more.

Last edited:
It lasted as long as it did because of Bill's strict and humble approach and his sheer knowledge.
And it ended because of the players they lost and didn't replace. No HC wins without good players and that's been the case for as long as the game has been played.

Our Jr, Fr in college and Jr in HS are the same way. We aren't perfect parents but they "grind", are respectful and assume the world is not fair. Can't ask for much more.
That's most likely because of how they were raised by you and your other half. Unfortunately, there are far too many children being born without both parents around. I know we discussed this before but I saw a talk show where there were 6 men who had 87 children with 50 different women. There's no way that those kids are being parented properly and most will probably end up being a burden on society.

That's most likely because of how they were raised by you and your other half. Unfortunately, there are far too many children being born without both parents around. I know we discussed this before but I saw a talk show where there were 6 men who had 87 children with 50 different women. There's no way that those kids are being parented properly and most will probably end up being a burden on society.
Yep. Statistics have proven that.

Personally, I think if the Pats were losing ten years ago like they have the last few years, you would have heard players from that generation say Belichick doesn't know how to talk to young players.

The fact is Belichick's style of coaching is only effective when you win. That is why so many of his assistants flame out quickly when they join teams that have very little success quickly.

If you see the results of Belichick's hard assed, hold everyone accountable style of coaching ending up in Super Bowls and AFCCFGs, players will be receptive to it and back it even if it if they are miserable. Belichick certainly didn't speak Gronk's language, but Gronk put up with it for years because the team was winning Super Bowls and he was performing as the greatest TE of all time. He might even stayed bought in and wouldn't have retired if Belichick didn't try to trade him to the Lions.

But now that Belichick was leading unsuccessful teams, the players tuned him out more and felt he wasn't wasn't relating to him. The thing that may have changed the most isn't the players or Belichick, but the results on the field.

One thing working against Belichick is most of the more successful head coaches today are more of player coaches and not tough disciplinarians. Pats players see the Pats going 4-13 with Belichick and watching the Dolphins win the division with McDaniel as he jokes around with players in practice and is a bit of a goofball and may be asking why can't Belichick be more like McDaniel. There aren't many players left from the 2018 team anymore.

I think there were definite reasons why they needed to move on from Belichick, but I still think his lack of ability to relate to the players is more of a product of losing than anything else. Do people think Andy Reid who is in his sixties and a devote Mormon really relates to the mindset of young NFL players much more than Belichick?

Do people think Andy Reid who is in his sixties and a devote Mormon really relates to the mindset of young NFL players much more than Belichick?
Mormons aren't even supposed to drink coffee. What's Reid doing smoking cigarettes?

Mormons aren't even supposed to drink coffee. What's Reid doing smoking cigarettes?
He exchanged having multiple wives for cheesburgers and cigs. I think that's allowed.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back