PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats and injury managment

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Thought i would throw it out there as a reminder to some of those (and myself too;)) that the pats dont play their injured players unless its an absolutely necessary game which translates to games at the end of year. in the past yrs our injury list always shrinks towards the end of the season..so all the conspiracy theories about chad jackson etc are just smoke until we see it till the end of the season. So i wont be surprised if dillon doesnt play or eugene doesnt play this weekend even if they may or may not be on the injury report.Iam just saying this because i saw posts like "i hate you BB" etc when chad jackson was made inactive. This maybe an absolute must win for us fans but BB doesnt think this way and also welcomes this time to see what depth he has got .iam sure long time followers of the team can attest to this..

SVN said:
Thought i would throw it out there as a reminder to some of those (and myself too;)) that the pats dont play their injured players unless its an absolutely necessary game which translates to games at the end of year. in the past yrs our injury list always shrinks towards the end of the season..so all the conspiracy theories about chad jackson etc are just smoke until we see it till the end of the season. So i wont be surprised if dillon doesnt play or eugene doesnt play this weekend even if they may or may not be on the injury report.Iam just saying this because i saw posts like "i hate you BB" etc when chad jackson was made inactive. This maybe an absolute must win for us fans but BB doesnt think this way and also welcomes this time to see what depth he has got .iam sure long time followers of the team can attest to this..

So Tedy Bruschi hasn't been playing then? Corey Dillon wasn't playing last year? Your logic is so far off base. The Patriots would be competing with the Bengals for playoff positioning. Every game against a conference opponent is important, especially against teams projected to go to the playoffs. I don't know if you've heard but home field advantage is kind of important in the postseason. Like the Patriots never losing a playoff game at home. Apparently that doesn't concern you. If a player is healthy enough to play, he plays. End of story. All this crap about Belichick holding players out is laughable. That guy would do anything to win, so I seriously doubt he's holding out healthy players for that huge game against the Texans later in the year.

Last edited:
I'm Ron Borges? said:
So Tedy Bruschi hasn't been playing then? Corey Dillon wasn't playing last year? Your logic is so far off base. The Patriots would be competing with the Bengals for playoff positioning. Every game against a conference opponent is important, especially against teams projected to go to the playoffs. I don't know if you've heard but home field advantage is kind of important in the postseason. Like the Patriots never losing a playoff game at home. Apparently that doesn't concern you. If a player is healthy enough to play, he plays. End of story. All this crap about Belichick holding players out is laughable. That guy would do anything to win, so I seriously doubt he's holding out healthy players for that huge game against the Texans later in the year.
i didnt mention belichick holding out healthy players or bb doesnt try to win games ?? Dillon was dressed for the game in denver during the regular season last yr but didnt take a snap.Has happened numerous times...Bruschi is playing becos he can play..many players like kevin faulk missed games due to hamstring...and other niggling injuries which in the end of season they wouldve surely played..
And lets not talk about the homefield adv in game 4 ok ?? this is like the colts in 2004 who said when they lost the first game that they have to come to new england to play in the playoffs or after that game where willie made a stop at the 1 yard line when everyone said had it not been for that the playoff game wouldve been in indy...there were so many games after that when anything couldve happened...thats absurd...you play what is dealt and try to win every game.if you play for homefield advantage from game 1 then its a big assumption to be made...and are losing sight of the task at hand..

I'm Ron Borges? said:

What is laughable is you not actually reading what SVN said. He said injured players only play when absolutely needed. And, if you had truly followed the Patriots, you'd know this is fact. Even Dillon last year played hurt only because he was the last option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes