PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats acquire DE/OLB Derrick Burgess for draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Pats acquire DE/OLB Derrick Burgess for draft pick

Good move Pats,Sucks for the local media that was their big rallying cry: no pass rush

Don't worry. If you take away the media's Patriots' talking points, they can dedicate more time to Big Papi's delaying on addressing the drug test issue. Because apparently the 23 hours a day they dedicate to it isn't enough anyway.

I am Patsylicious, and I approve of this deal

Well then...nothing more needs to be discussed then.;)

Re: DAM ... Belichick must be a HUGE Riaders fan ?

So then how do you feel about '76?

Techniquely i was a Pats fan at the time ...
But i also 11 and that was the year i found the Playboys under my brothers bed.
No hard feelings,
well none about football.

It's like the Raiders are our minor league team. Thanks Al!

To use a baseball analogy, it's what the Yankees of the 1950's used to do to the Philadelphia A's and St. Louis Browns. They'd take good players off of bad teams for little value and those guys would go on to have great careers.....

Hooo boy... the Raiders stole two picks from us this time...

These trades with the Raiders never work out well... hopefully he hasn't lost a step like Moss had.

Well then...nothing more needs to be discussed then.;)

Shweeet!

Better late than never. Glad that Bill finally owned up to fixing a glaring hole. It would be truely regrettable if we went into the season with the same pash rush as last year (sansVrabel). :singing:

Go away troll, it's a good day for Patriot fans.

For the record... Yes Belichick made a great deal.
He makes a lot of great deals. It boggles us outsiders sometimes.
the Pats have quite the football machine.
Makes it easy to begrudge you.

Nothing bad here, could plug the biggest potential deficency on this roster.

! week to out first preseason game sweet.

Shweeet!

Better late than never. Glad that Bill finally owned up to fixing a glaring hole. It would be truely regrettable if we went into the season with the same pash rush as last year (sansVrabel). :singing:

Better late than never? The Pats tried a few things over the spring/early summer (such as trying to land Taylor)- it just didn't work out. then BB used the first week in practice to evaluate his current roster and saw an opportunity to improve the team and seized it.

"Glad that Bill finally owned up to fixing a glaring hole."

Yeah- you think with his ability to choose anyone he wants from anyone's roster, with no cap issues to ever worry about he would have done something like this sooner! :rolleyes:

Some reactions from other Raider fans:

#6: Wonder what the Raiders got in return? Thrown a 3rd into the mix and got Vollmer?

#7: Bleh... if it's not a amazing pick. I just don't understand why we continue to deal with them. Al feels important if he deals with winners now, insteady of being one?

#14: Watch him go and have a great season with the Pats, there's not a doubt in my mind that the dude can still play football.

Hopefully the Raiders got something worthwhile out of the deal, but I sorta doubt it. I mean if they get Randy Moss for a fourth, what'd they give us for Burgess? A sixth?

#19: Bellacheat must be a HUGE Raiders fan .... he has quite the collection growing there in New England.
What some f'n guys won't do for an autograph huh ?

#27: I Hope We some how get an RT out of this!!!

If the eagles were offering a 3rd and a player(wonder who) i hope the pats gave us a 2nd and a vollner?????

#35: Too bad....I think he was a great player.

#36: With all these off-season moves, seems like Al Davis is back in his prime

#38: they robbed us again
fitji3.gif

#41: I guess we didn't learn from the moss deal we got hosed again a 3rd and 5th in 2011 that's a crappy deal and we got the short end AGAIN from the Patriots

#43: Ehh, I dunno if they robbed us. For a DE who has had diminishing Sacks for the last 4 years, and has been injured the past 2 years, I'd say a third by itself isn't bad. Not to mention, the Raiders are horrible against the run, and Derrick Burgess was one of those horrible pieces.

#46: Excellent point on the lack of run D for Burgess. The thing is, the Patriots front seven are so good against the run, that all he will have to be in their system is a situational pass rusher. I wish him well, it will be a good system for him.

#53: Sad to see him go but I guess it's the right move because he wanted a long term deal and the Raiders were not going to give him one. 28.5 sacks in four years isn't that bad.

#72: What's funny is looking at those 3rd round picks, they turned out better then our first round picks.
anon.gif

Regret .... Actually, None.

Lets say there is a WEE bit of animosty over the TuckRule/SnowJob game.
please take note of the frames at .58 & .59 seconds.
With two hands on the ball at point of contact ... bla bla bla

YouTube - The Tuck Rule

When you understand the rule you will realize the correct call was made.....unlike 1976.

Based on those Raiders fan comments, it appears Burgess is a major liability against the run.

Hooo boy... the Raiders stole two picks from us this time...

These trades with the Raiders never work out well... hopefully he hasn't lost a step like Moss had.

Yea i know. We wasted a 4th rounder on Moss. What were we thinking?? He is slower than molasses!! ;)Go Patriots!!

Based on those Raiders fan comments, it appears Burgess is a major liability against the run.

He is what he is.......he is not AD or Willie Mac - he is a very good pass rusher and he will struggle setting the edge.

He is a decent pick up for an area of need.

Regret .... Actually, None.

Lets say there is a WEE bit of animosty over the TuckRule/SnowJob game.
please take note of the frames at .58 & .59 seconds.
With two hands on the ball at point of contact ... bla bla bla

YouTube - The Tuck Rule

Tuck rule? Gee, you know that hitting the QB in the head so hard he drops the ball is illegal, right?:rolleyes:

What kind of "fan" of Hannah and Grogan forgets 1976 and becomes a Raider fan? I would expect going to the Jets would be easier.

Yup, they changed logos. My how evil!:)

So go to the Oaklan... I mean LA... um, Oakland Raiders because they are friggin' boy scouts.

BTW, do you know what "rule" means?

Re: Pats acquire DE/OLB Derrick Burgess for draft pick

Situational football, Woods running situations, Burgess passing situations, 4 LB's on the field < 50% of the time.

It's all good....;)

For the record... Yes Belichick made a great deal.
He makes a lot of great deals. It boggles us outsiders sometimes.
the Pats have quite the football machine.
Makes it easy to begrudge you.

I liked the old logo too.

Reposting your failure from years ago is just pitiful.

I'm almost glad they didn't call the blow to the QBs head on that play, so I can enjoy whining raiders fans who have nothing to live for except to dispute a correctly called paly.

Last edited:

I am so glad the season is right around the corner...I can't wait :D

If you guys want to laufg there is a thread on the steelers forum about how the Pats will not make the playoffs...it's pretty funny:D

I didnt know pride depended on other people around you.
If Burgess didnt care because it was the Raiders and didnt have any pride in his own performance becuase Lane Kiffin was the coach, send him back.
I know thats not the case, but you are trying to make excuses for his production and implying much worse things about his character.

Yup, send back Moss.:rolleyes:

Are half the posters drunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes