PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 2014 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep i know how it works... but just sharing another way to look at it...

10 days rest<playing at home is all i'm saying...
Well I'm sure when the NFL made this formula in 2002, they were doing so with the intent of screwing over Manning and the Broncos over a decade later. :rolleyes:

Welcome to NFL scheduling. Glad you made it. The Pats will be at Denver again next year. They played in Denver in '09 and '11. They would have played there in 2010 if they played one another that year. Every three years they'll shift.

I know it's impossible to build the schedule without doing something like this, but I wonder why it always has to be the AFC East's (and NFC East's, but I don't care about them :p ) fate to play vs. AFCW, vs. AFCW, vs. AFCW, @AFCW, @AFCW, @AFCW, etc. You would think they could change this every six or twelve years. . . .

Well I'm sure when the NFL made this formula in 2002, they were doing so with the intent of screwing over Manning and the Broncos over a decade later. :rolleyes:
the only reason i posted was to contend with the implication that the nfl is trying to denver any favors in the scheduling.... the schedule is what it is... seriously doubt any conspiracies going on...

I know it's impossible to build the schedule without doing something like this, but I wonder why it always has to be the AFC East's (and NFC East's, but I don't care about them :p ) fate to play vs. AFCW, vs. AFCW, vs. AFCW, @AFCW, @AFCW, @AFCW, etc. You would think they could change this every six or twelve years. . . .
It isn't vs. AFCW, vs. AFCW, vs. AFCW, @AFCW, @AFCW, @AFCW... it's vs. AFCW, vs AFCW, (2 AFCW HOME, 2 AFCW AWAY), @ AFCW, @AFCW, (2 AFCW HOME, 2 AFCW AWAY)

Obviously, the years with 2AFCW HOME, 2AFCW AWAY switchover the home/away teams

yep i know how it works... but just sharing another way to look at it...

10 days rest<playing at home is all i'm saying...

One decision is based upon an objective formula. The other is not. You're not really sharing another way to look at it. You're trying to claim a level of 'moral' equivalence that's not there.

I'd suggest you just go with something like "Suck it up, cupcakes. Life's tough." instead. That won't make friends, but it's not excusing the facts, either.

Just my $.02

Why do they always schedule the week 17 game against MIA or BUF when a Jets game would almost certainly have more on the line (if anything)?

A week 17 game with the Jets would not have had anything on the line in 11 years

One decision is based upon an objective formula. The other is not. You're not really sharing another way to look at it. You're trying to claim a level of 'moral' equivalence that's not there.
a bit presumptuous to tell me what i'm trying to claim don't you think?...

well you're close... i'm not saying there's a moral equivalence, only that there is an equivalence... regardless of how it was determined, maybe actually a tad in NE's favor due to them getting to play Denver at home...

10 days rest < playing at home... thats my only claim... nothing more...

i disagree... broncos would happily give the extra few days rest in exchange for playing the Pats at home for a change...

for the 3rd straight year NFL puts Denver at Gillette for their reg season matchup...

Schedule Formula

Since Schedule rotation started in 2002 these are the East vs West rotation
Pats host(ed) in 2002,2008,2014
Denver host(ed) 2005,2011,2017

Pats/Denver match-up when finishing matching spot

Pats host(ed) 2006,2007,2012,2013
Denver host(ed) 2003,2009

Would have
Pats host(ed)
Denver host(ed) 2004,2010,2015,2016

So if NE/Denver matched up every year here is how it would have went(bold they happened).
@NE 2002,2006,2007,2008,2012,2013,2014,
@Den 2003,2004,2005,2009,2010,2011.2015,2016,2017

Last edited:
wow only two 430 games and 5 night games. that suks.
When I'm elected King of the World, every game will be played at 1 p.m. Well, except maybe for one Monday night game each week.

a bit presumptuous to tell me what i'm trying to claim don't you think?...

well you're close... i'm not saying there's a moral equivalence, only that there is an equivalence... regardless of how it was determined, maybe actually a tad in NE's favor due to them getting to play Denver at home...

10 days rest < playing at home... thats my only claim... nothing more...

There was nothing presumptuous about it, as your response verifies. You're trying to create an equivalence between something that's based completely on a pre-established formula and something that's not. You're even trying to claim victim status in the process with "10 days rest <...", which is ludicrous in context.

When I'm elected King of the World, every game will be played at 1 p.m. Well, except maybe for one Monday night game each week.

When is the election? Unless you are running against BB, Brady, Warren Buffet or Patjew you have my vote.

The QB matchups between Brady vs our opponents weeks 1-7 is so unbalanced that if Gronk starts the season I wouldn't be surprised at a 7-0 start.

I know it's early but I'm in a prediction mood. Not a cakewalk by any means, but barring a 2013 like injury situation I think it's a manageable schedule. Of course there will be one or two stinkers and there will be a few games we win that we shouldn't. My guess is 13-3, #1 seed is my early prediction, maybe better with a great draft. Especially early on, if we survive that week 1 game @ Miami looks like we could go on a nice run to start the season. I expect KC to take a step back this year and the other tougher games are at home. No elite opponents until game 9 (which is also at home).

OT:

Columbus just tied the Penquins with about 20 seconds left in the game. That series is going to have yet another 4-3 final score.

There was nothing presumptuous about it, as your response verifies. You're trying to create an equivalence between something that's based completely on a pre-established formula and something that's not. You're even trying to claim victim status in the process with "10 days rest <...", which is ludicrous in context.
Or he is telling the truth and is just commenting that he would rather be home without a 10 day rest than on the road with it.
But of course he can't know what he really thinks until you decide it for him.:rolleyes:

The QB matchups between Brady vs our opponents weeks 1-7 is so unbalanced that if Gronk starts the season I wouldn't be surprised at a 7-0 start.
Not to mention their guy has to throw against our secondary so the gap is even wider.

You also stopped a week early, because the QB we face in week 8 is no better than any of the ones in weeks 1-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back