PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 2014 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this on another site. This should put a smile on some faces during this slow time:

Kuno9AJ.jpg

Pats have played in Miami in
September 6 times in last 30 seasons
2011 worked out pretty well, not only for a season opening standpoint, but for the overall season as well. I believe that was the game where Brady threw for like 450 yards, and had the 98 yarder to Welker.

Let's hope that we can replicate that again in 2014's opening game.

It isn't vs. AFCW, vs. AFCW, vs. AFCW, @AFCW, @AFCW, @AFCW... it's vs. AFCW, vs AFCW, (2 AFCW HOME, 2 AFCW AWAY), @ AFCW, @AFCW, (2 AFCW HOME, 2 AFCW AWAY)

Obviously, the years with 2AFCW HOME, 2AFCW AWAY switchover the home/away teams

I'm talking about the end result. Either way, the schedule guarantees that if the same four teams win their divisions every year, the AFC East winner would alternate 3 years at home with 3 on the road against each of the three teams. (Remember that back when Pay-me-tons was a Colt, we were talking about this exact same issue.) This is not true of any other AFC division, and I don't see why they can't alternate this after every six- or twelve-year cycle so it doesn't work that way for one division only.

i disagree... broncos would happily give the extra few days rest in exchange for playing the Pats at home for a change...

for the 3rd straight year NFL puts Denver at Gillette for their reg season matchup...

Stop complaining. Since Belichick has been here the Broncos have played us 14 times and been the home team for 8 of those games, including 5 of the first 6. They also had 2 of 3 playoff games at home.

When I'm elected King of the World, every game will be played at 1 p.m. Well, except maybe for one Monday night game each week.

Oh, I beg of your royal highness, please allow us to have 1 and 4 o'clock games on Sundays and 7 and 10 o'clock games on Monday nights.

Sucks the jersey game is so late in the season.

If by some miracle Jersey is still hanging on with playoff hopes, its the perfect time to knock them out of the post season.

What a weird schedule.

We start off with 2 home games in the first 6, then have 4 at home in the next 5 games (wrapped around a bye week) and we finish with 2 home games in the last 5. What do they call that, middle loaded?

If by some miracle Jersey is still hanging on with playoff hopes, its the perfect time to knock them out of the post season.

We could pull an Indy and let them win that game.

Man, 2 games in late season at 8.30. That's two nights that's i'll go to bed at 3+ AM with college in the next day.

NFL schedule is so insensitive to brazilian watchers, gosh

Some 2013 post season team will stink this season and some unexpected team will be better.

The KC Chiefs are my pick to miss the playoffs in 2014.

Time for me to print out the schedule and attach to a days off request at work, lol...

I think I will be attending the Bengals, Broncos, Lions, and Bears games. Maybe the Jets as well. I hate Thursday night games.

Some comments on the comments:

1. I am baffled on an annual basis on why the freakin NFL keeps sending us down to Miami in September, and sending them to NE in December. Clearly someone down at NFL Headquarters scheduling department is a sadist. It would seem SOOOOOOOO much more logical to reverse those 2 games.

2/ Not only would it benefit BOTH teams on the field, but having a Pats game in December, would be better for the Dolphins organization since they'd have a better chance at selling out. Who the F would want to pay a couple of hundred bucks for the pleasure of getting both heat stroke AND cancer sitting in that sauna of a stadium for the better part of a hot and humid 95 degree day....even if you are a Phins fan. On the other hand, there might be thousands of NE fans who'd travel to Miami in December, and thousands more Miami fans who would appreciate going to their stadium in relative comfort to see a big game.

3. Make no mistake. Playing Miami at 1pm at home in early September is as big an advantage for them as having Miami come up here and play us in a snow storm. An 85 degree day in August in Foxboro doesn't come close to what a 90 degree day is in Miami in early September.

4. Having to play 3 of our 1st four games on the road is a very tough way to start the season. A 3-1 start would be a HUGE success. A 2-2 start wouldn't be a shock or concern, at least to me.

5. I hate that Manning gets that 10 day rest before our game with them, but I'd rather have the home game than the rest.

6. Making us travel to Minneapolis AND SD on two consecutive weeks sucks. Those are both long trips.

7. The schedule makers didn't do us any favors, but nothing really onerous. 11-5 would be an excellent result, 10-6 would be OK. Anything over 11 wins would be an exceptional regular season IMHO.

2-2 after playing miami, Vikings, raiders, and chiefs??? With a healthy roster? No way.

I don't think people understand how good this defense is going to be ....

i give priority to two things when schedule is coming out

1 - when we have the bye week
2 - how many 1 pm games we have

anyway two tough road games week 13 and week 14

Yes, if they're 2-2 after the first four games, it should be a HUGE concern. They should go 4-0.

It seems we are always getting Buffalo for the week 17 game. week 10 bye is a good thing :)

Week 1: at Dolphins -- Sept. 7, 1 p.m.

Week 2: at Vikings -- Sept. 14, 1 p.m.

Week 3: vs. Raiders -- Sept. 21, 1 p.m.

Week 4: at Chiefs -- Sept. 29, 8:30 p.m. (MNF)

Week 5: vs. Bengals -- Oct. 5, 8:30 p.m. (SNF) (This could be flexed to afternoon)

Week 6: at Bills -- Oct. 12, 1 p.m.

Week 7: vs. Jets -- Oct. 16, 8:25 p.m. (TNF)

Week 8: vs. Bears -- Oct. 26, 1 p.m. (FOX)

Week 9: vs. Broncos -- Nov. 2, 4:25 p.m.

Week 10: Bye week

Week 11: at Colts -- Nov. 16, 8:30 p.m. (SNF)

Week 12: vs. Lions -- Nov. 23, 1 p.m. (FOX)

Week 13: at Packers -- Nov. 30, 4:25 p.m.

Week 14: at Chargers -- Dec. 7, 8:30 p.m. (SNF)

Week 15: vs. Dolphins -- Dec. 14, 1 p.m.

Week 16: at Jets -- Dec. 21, 1 p.m.

Week 17: vs. Bills -- Dec. 28, 1 p.m.
My reply to where, who, and when - so what?

That said there will be at least 3 losses. These types may be combined, but they may also repeat.

1) The WTF loss to a team that goes 1-15 but for that one week looked awesome and the Patriots looked like drunken middle schoolers.
2) The divisional game against a surprisingly adequate Jets or Dolphins team. (Sorry Bills fans, but you'd be a WTF.)
3) An away game against a good team.

And of course, this is not counting injuries.

Week 9 through Week 14, as of right now, looks like a gauntlet. By far the toughest part of the schedule. Of course, injuries could change that.

We should be happy that we are playing lesser opponents during the 4 game browner suspension. None of those teams have great passing attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes