PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release drawings for Patriot Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo! That's clearly a huge piece of this whole puzzle. We've heard how the Krafts have already been out front and creative in leveraging the stadium itself as a site for business meetings. Now they have the ability to host full events -- say a regional sales conference for 200 people. Opening reception at the Hall of Fame, stay at the hotel, have a private screening of a motivational film at the theater, closing party at the stadium. All-in-one package planned for you. If you have a New England-based group, it's a knockout.

A group I am associated with moved their annual trade show to Gillette the year it opened. Customers LOVE to come there, attendance has sky rocketed there compared to the days when we exhibited at Providence exhibition Center and in Boston.

This type of client (trade shows, conferences, sales & marketing meetings etc etc)will certainly be a huge part of their plans - the draw of the football team, stadium, Hall of Fame and the entire experience makes for a tremendous business opportunity here, tremendous.

Nobody curious as to what this is?

10 trivia points for the first guesser.

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 108
Nobody curious as to what this is?

10 trivia points for the first guesser.

It's from one of the pages of the Pats' 1967 (?) media guide.

(PatriotsPlanet rocks!)

I really don't like the idea that visiting teams can be staying at a 4 star hotel right next to the field.

yeah, but we can bug the rooms and set off the fire alarm at three in the morning...

I am not so sure this place is going to take off. Foxboro is not a central, convenient location. Sure, it's great to go to a couple times a year for a ball game, but I doubt many people will want to do their routine shopping there...

"The Patriots" are quite a draw.

Two scenarios.

You're a dad. Two screaming kids. Your spouse wants to go to a mall to do a little shopping. You have a choice. Some other place. Or, you can visit the Patriots HOF and Pro Shop while you wait. No brainer.

Also, for out of towners, like myself, the ability to stay at a good hotel right there, hang out for a day near the Patriots complex while my wife shops is pretty cool. I'd make it a destination trip from New York.

This will be a massive success. I do, however, acknowledge that it will change the character of the area and of the experience of watching the patriots. Those of us who remember the "old days" will never see the same again.

They should build a parking garage so that those fans that don't tailgate have places to park, leaving the tailgate spaces for the rest of us who do. I'm sure they thought of it but rejected it for reasons I can't think of. It looks like the parking is going to be interesting with a few more lots ( like the one I set my tent up in) going down after this season.

The video of the hall of fame is funny, definetely not the football crowd represented in it. Looks more like the museum of art crowd.

Last edited:
It's from one of the pages of the Pats' 1967 (?) media guide.

(PatriotsPlanet rocks!)

I thought it was pretty funny, but i guess we have no Pats history fans here.

Where's Italian Pat when you need him.:D

Last edited:
I still think this could be one big cluster F**k.

If I am a retailer, would you want to be in a mall where your customers potentially have no way to get to you the Sunday before Christmas. Kraft is going to have to probably make sure the two or three games prior to Christmas be away games every year to attract retailers.

I park in a lot that isn't regulated by police to get in and out of so we usually can get in and out faster than the Patriot owned lots and other lots that have cops waiting 15-20 minutes in between letting cars out of the lot, but even still it can take me an hour to get on the highway. Even with some infrastructure changes, I can't see the additional traffic added by a complex like this only adding to the problems.

The only way I can see this working is if the state allows Kraft to build one or two more one/off ramps from 95. Otherwise, I can't see anything they do not making Route 1 even a bigger nightmare.

I wonder if the restaurants/entertainment zone will get closed circuit of the game on game days?

I wonder if the restaurants/entertainment zone will get closed circuit of the game on game days?

Most likely. One other thing people need to think about is when they have big concerts at Gillette the artist, and the people going to those concerts can stay at that 4 star hotel, instead of staying at a hotel elsewhere. Really, I think they are going to have a lot of business, and I can't wait to see the final product.

Oh, and this might sound funny, but maybe it could even serve as kind of an added FA attaction.

Last edited:
I would expect the retailers would enjoy having the home games right before Christmas. First of all, it would only be one day (Sunday), not the whole weekend, second you would have 60,000+ people spending most of the day (before and after the game) wandering around these stores. Not to mention the drunk guys who just realized it's almost Christmas and they haven't done any shopping yet...so they stagger over to buy something for their wives/girlfriends/both at Victoria Secrets...

I do, however, acknowledge that it will change the character of the area and of the experience of watching the patriots. Those of us who remember the "old days" will never see the same again.

I still miss those aluminum benches! :D

My how things come full circle, first the Jets try to copy the Pats (Mangini etc.), now the Pats are copying the Jets (xanadu). The gap narrows.

My how things come full circle, first the Jets try to copy the Pats (Mangini etc.), now the Pats are copying the Jets (xanadu). The gap narrows.

For those who don't follow the Jersey real estate scene, Xanadu is a commercial/entertainment complex that was planned in the Meadowlands, totally independent of the Jets and Giants. In fact, the football teams initially sued to halt its construction believing that it would interfere with their gameday traffic. Eventually they decided "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and now have plans to connect their new stadium to the mall development.

It's pretty much equivalent to the Patriots building their own team-themed retail complex, or to the Jets hiring a BB disciple as head coach. :rolleyes:

Come on Jet Boy, this is like saying that the Jets are copying the Patriots by building a new stadium! All the teams are in business to make money any way they can. And a mall next to the stadium conveniently leverages the team's appeal...without the revenues going into the player pool.

For those who don't follow the Jersey real estate scene, Xanadu is a commercial/entertainment complex that was planned in the Meadowlands, totally independent of the Jets and Giants. In fact, the football teams initially sued to halt its construction believing that it would interfere with their gameday traffic. Eventually they decided "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and now have plans to connect their new stadium to the mall development.

It's pretty much equivalent to the Patriots building their own team-themed retail complex, or to the Jets hiring a BB disciple as head coach. :rolleyes:

Come on Jet Boy, this is like saying that the Jets are copying the Patriots by building a new stadium! All the teams are in business to make money any way they can. And a mall next to the stadium conveniently leverages the team's appeal...without the revenues going into the player pool.

============================

Come on Pat Girl, The Jets did it first, so IE the Pats are copy cats, (pun intended). Kinda like the Jets are copy cats because they hire coaches. :)

Come on Pat Girl, The Jets did it first, so IE the Pats are copy cats, (pun intended). Kinda like the Jets are copy cats because they hire coaches. :)

And I totally saw the Jets throw a screen pass last year. Have they no pride? ;)

============================

The Hartford Whalers Arena was part of a big multi-complex that featured the "civic center mall", so I don't think the Jets were the originators of this kind of complex.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back