PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Reach Agreement With Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bedard: Matt Light agrees to 2-year deal!

Now, thats what I am talking about! :eat3:

Awesome news, now we need to sign Logan.

According to Greg Bedard on Twitter!

Greg A. Bedard (Greg_A_Bedard) on Twitter

I, for one, am relieved. He might get supplanted before the season ends, but for now we NEED an experienced tackle. Perhaps he'll shuffle over to guard later on.

Welcome back Matt Light; I do have to say I'm far more comfortable with Light-Vollmer-Solder than Vollmer-Solder-LeVoir.

Oh yeah, and a big welcome back to PatsFans' JSn Scorsese too!

Outstanding, now get Mankins his long term deal. THe line is looking pretty good.

Solid. I am not convinced Solder plays much early, and I don't think Light loses the starter's position in 2010...

Two years is fair for NE. I have to think he left some years and cash at the table to return.

I always thought it was a no brainer for both sides to get a deal done. Light only has one or two more years left in the league. He grown a lot of roots in this area and has a young family. Yes, he might have gotten more elsewhere, but he would have probably lived apart from his family during the season because it is unlikely he would uproot his family for a year or two.

As for the Patriots, they need to make sure that they have a LT to protect Brady's blindside. Solder is that guy of the future, but I doubt he or most rookies will be able to start right away.

I see this as a win-win for both sides.

Put me in the camp that is pleasantly surprised he is back. He's not my favorite player and I'll be swearing at him for a series of false starts on the road at some point this year but it is good to have him back to help be a presence in the locker room and a leader on the field.

Interestingly, I've been watching all of the Patriots games from last season in order and I'm currently on Week 10 at the Steelers. Sans one holding penalty in the third quarter, Light had a really good game against Harrison. He was pretty much one-on-one for the majority of that game, and he managed to keep Harrison in check for almost the whole game.

I'm still concerned when it comes to smaller, quicker guys like Freeney. However, I'm still thrilled to retain the guy.

Last edited:

Solid. I am not convinced Solder plays much early, and I don't think Light loses the starter's position in 2010...

Two years is fair for NE. I have to think he left some years and cash at the table to return.

I dont know why you don think that solder can just hop right in there a start games.

Look at Vollmer in the 09-10 season. started 8 games

Interestingly, I've been watching all of the Patriots games from last season in order and I'm currently on Week 10 at the Steelers. Sans one holding penalty in the third quarter, Light had a really good game against Harrison. He was pretty much one-on-one for the majority of that game, and he managed to keep Harrison in check for almost the whole game.

I'm still concerned when it comes to smaller, quicker guys like Freeney. However, I'm still thrilled to retain the guy.

Where are you getting these games?

I dont know why you don think that solder can just hop right in there a start games.

Look at Vollmer in the 09-10 season. started 8 games

:bricks:

He didn't start right away. He didn't start until Light got hurt.

Solder starts by mid-season. Light is great, solid insurance from then on.

I always thought it was a no brainer for both sides to get a deal done. Light only has one or two more years left in the league. He grown a lot of roots in this area and has a young family. Yes, he might have gotten more elsewhere, but he would have probably lived apart from his family during the season because it is unlikely he would uproot his family for a year or two.

As for the Patriots, they need to make sure that they have a LT to protect Brady's blindside. Solder is that guy of the future, but I doubt he or most rookies will be able to start right away.

I see this as a win-win for both sides.

Absolutely agree. I was hoping he could sign for 2 years, as insurance. You are also right on about putting down roots. He likes the area and has said so numerous times. This is a great signing.

I'll never understand why so many on this board think that Light isnt very good. :confused:

welcome back Matt, you're needed ;)

The money better be right... I'm certainly not Light's biggest fan but it makes sense to bring him back if they didn't like what else was on the market. Good to have Solder as depth rather than being thrown into the fire opening week.

I'll never understand why so many on this board think that Light isnt very good. :confused:

welcome back Matt, you're needed ;)

You mean Bill wouldn't routinely risk the franchise QB's health?

***an Doors is absolutely ecstatic.
0.jpg

:rocker: :D :D :rocker: YES!!! :rocker: :D :D :rocker:

Absolutely STUNNED that this happened...and ECSTATIC!! :rocker:

I LOVE Nate "Universal" Solder, and think he has 10 All Pros Potential...

But no way in HELL did I want him out there on Opening Day!! :eek:

I agree this deal is good for the short term but how much money did Light get? Hopefully this doesn't affect the Pats abilities to go after further free agents too much.

Brady

BJGE/New guy

Light
Mankins
Koppen
Connolly
Vollmer

Gronkowski

Johnson
Welker

Branch/Hernandez

I'm liking the starting offense. One spot (RG) still needs an upgrade, and one spot needs either an upgrade or tandem player, but everything else looks fairly well set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News