PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' Kaczur arrested for illegal possession of painkillers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not. He's a snitch, a rat. He's the scum of the Earth and an Oxy addict. He's a dirtball. For the record, so is the dealer. I'm not going to defend the dealer but he is less of a scumbag than that snitch Kaczur is. I hope he's off this team by the end of the week.

You're obviously either an ignorant kid or someone who uses something illegally or both. The drug dealers are the biggest scumbags in this, if you had a child of your own you would understand.

Drug dealers push illegal drugs on kids, cause violence in our neighborhoods, and support, through their actions of selling these drugs, much bigger and badder drug thugs to continue their reign of terror throughout our nation.

We need more people like Kazur in order to get the real scumbags off of the streets and away from our families and homes.

One scary thought that just hit me.......if it really was 100 pills every three or four days, that is a huge amount, even for a very addicted person. Since he was able to practice and play, he obviously was not anywhere close to a "junkie" lifestyle.

My fear is that perhaps there are more players involved here?? No one has brought this up or indicated such a thing, but the thought has crossed my mind.

Hopefully, the quantity only came from the sting as far as any other players involvement is concerned or the kids own personal use.

So what are you saying PILLGATE.

Just like when Andrews got arrested people assumed he had too much for just himself so in turn he must be sharing with teamates...I think that is a leap you shouldn't make.

I was on oxycodone after my back surgery which is basically oxycotin. Let me tell you. This stuff is STRONG. It made your whole body feel like just euophoric all over. Ill admit its very addiciting. Those are bad stuff to mess around with

this is not true...oxycodone and hydrocodone are known as Percodan and Percoset...Oxycontin is a far stronger and far more addictive heavy painkiller that has become the heroin addicts preferred legal drug of choice...there's a BIG difference.

The worst twist of logic is to
threaten someone with PRISON
because he puts something into his own body
that you think he shouldn't.

Whose life is it, anyway?

Oh pahleese...Nobody was threatened with prison here. Kaczur was facing a misdemeanor. Generally speaking it's the dealers who are threatened with prison to help law enforcement root out suppliers.

I really have to chuckle when the recreational crowd gets it's panties in a bunch. My families history speaks to the fact that no drug is harmless.

From drugs.com:

From WebMD:

From addictionsearch.com:

Muscle pain is the only thing on that list in which a player might not have to sit out without painkillers (and arthritis which not too many CURRENT NFL players suffer through). Anything else on that list and the player in question should be sitting on the DL. I am sitting here typing with one arm right now because my shoulder is separated so badly that I'm seeing an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to see if I will need surgery. They gave me 12 Lortab for it. That was enough. I don't see myself at a drug dealer's house anytime in the near future for OxyContin.

37 Harrison said:
You're obviously either an ignorant kid or someone who uses something illegally or both. The drug dealers are the biggest scumbags in this, if you had a child of your own you would understand.

Drug dealers push illegal drugs on kids, cause violence in our neighborhoods, and support, through their actions of selling these drugs, much bigger and badder drug thugs to continue their reign of terror throughout our nation.

Drug dealers don't take out billboard advertisements to attract kids. Kids will seek the dealer out first if he/she is curious about something. While I agree that drug dealers should be off the streets, you can't lay all the fault on them for what happened to Kaczur. That's just blind homerism. He's had a history with drugs and he was the one seeking out the drug dealer. Not the other way around.

Painkillers are Percocets, Vicotin, etc. Oxycontin is used to treat patients who are either lying on their death bed or are in so much pain that they have trouble walking. If Kaczur was in that much pain, he should have been on the DL instead of at a drug dealer's house.

Apparently how football works is yet another area in which you are woefully underinformed. Guys go on IR because they are injured. They are expected to play when they hurt. If they can't do that, they go on unemployment.

It's illegal today, though and the cops were just doing their job. The dealer was just doing what the doctors do, except they don't charge the doctors with drug dealing because...well...they're doctors.

I could care less what happens to Kaczur professionally. He was born with a genetic gift of athleticism and size and he takes it for granted like this? I don't think the Pats would miss him. I hope he gets on track for the sake of his family. I've seen guys fall really far on this crap. I was on it for an injury and if it weren't for my wife, I might have been hooked....they're GOOD!

Come on wistah, you're better than that. Doctors prescribe drugs, they don't sell 'em. Vets are another whole issue...

Muscle pain is the only thing on that list in which a player might not have to sit out without painkillers (and arthritis which not too many CURRENT NFL players suffer through). Anything else on that list and the player in question should be sitting on the DL. I am sitting here typing with one arm right now because my shoulder is separated so badly that I'm seeing an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to see if I will need surgery. They gave me 12 Lortab for it. That was enough. I don't see myself at a drug dealer's house anytime in the near future for OxyContin.

Drug dealers don't take out billboard advertisements to attract kids. Kids will seek the dealer out first if he/she is curious about something. While I agree that drug dealers should be off the streets, you can't lay all the fault on them for what happened to Kaczur. That's just blind homerism. He's had a history with drugs and he was the one seeking out the drug dealer. Not the other way around.

You're either incredibly naive and have led a sheltered life or suffer the daily double whammy of arrogance meets ignorance.

It's such an assinine analogy it doesn't even merit one.

Why is it an assinine analogy?

There are some people who subscribe to "the honor among thieves" thought process. Those folks would condemn both Mangini and Kaczur.

Mangini was able to hurt his rival, thus help his own team by turning in someone he knew was violating the rules. Kaczur was able to save his own butt by turning in his dealer. The honor among thieves crowd would argue that Mangini should not have used turning in BB to his advantage when he was a participant in the same type of behavior. Likewise they would argue that Kaczur should take his punishment and not turn in his supplier.

Others would take a more pragmatic view and say that Mangini was wise to use his knowledge of a rule breaker to his advantage, which ultimately cost his rival a draft pick. Likewise they those pragmatic folks would say that Kaczur cutting a deal to save his own hide was a wise move. And both were ultimately aiding in law enforcement regardless of their own past transgressions.

Last edited:
this is not true...oxycodone and hydrocodone are known as Percodan and Percoset...Oxycontin is a far stronger and far more addictive heavy painkiller that has become the heroin addicts preferred legal drug of choice...there's a BIG difference.

From a chemical standpoint, no, there isn't. From the Physician's Desk Reference (emphasis mine):

OxyContin
(oxycodone hcl) - Purdue Pharma

OxyIR
(oxycodone hcl) - Purdue Pharma

Percocet
(acetaminophen, oxycodone hcl) - Endo

Percodan
(aspirin, oxycodone hcl) - Endo

As I've said before, they're all the same compound, just different formulations, some of which are less safe than others.

Kaczur = narc = spineless coward.

You should've taken your punishment like a man, Nick, and not taken down your supplier because of your stupidity for leaving your stuff in plain sight.

The sooner we're rid of you, the better. It's just too bad that the FO didn't sign young Shane Olivea instead of old, fat Oliver Ross.

P.S.: Pulling someone over for driving 76 on a 65 mph road - unless that driver was also moving erratically/dangerously -is one reason why some people still refer to some cops, esp. highway staties, as pigs. To them, and to DEA scum, and to gutless narcs - a pox on all their houses.

Wow this has to be one of the stupidest posts in the history of this site. Take your punishment like a man and let the dealer do whatever he wants. GREAT idea. Lets go ahead and apply that to all aspects of life. Sex trafficker sells 12 year old girls to random men. Arrest the men and let the sex trafficker go on his merry way.

Why is it an assinine analogy?

There are some people who subscribe to "the honor among thieves" thought process. Those folks would condemn both Mangini and Kaczur.

Mangini was able to hurt his rival, thus help his own team by turning in someone he knew was violating the rules. Kaczur was able to save his own butt by turning in his dealer. The honor among thieves crowd would argue that Mangini should not have used turning in BB to his advantage when he was a participant in the same type of behavior. Likewise they would argue that Kaczur should take his punishment and not turn in his supplier.

Others would take a more pragmatic view and say that Mangini was wise to use his knowledge of a rule breaker to his advantage, which ultimately cost his rival a draft pick. Likewise they those pragmatic folks would say that Kaczur cutting a deal to save his own hide was a wise move. And both were ultimately aiding in law enforcement regardless of their own past transgressions.

OTOH, one could argue that there is a "hierarchy of wrongness," for lack of a better term; personally, I would argue that buying drugs is less wrong than selling them, so turning in the dealer could be seen as "honorable." OTOH, I think that the evidence suggests that Mangini was just as guilty of illegal videotaping procedures as Belichick, so for him to complain is hypocritical. [Same goes for Dungy's BS, BTW.]

Last edited:
Say what you will about narcs, but is it normal for major newspapers to blow their cover in the friggin sports section? Only in Boston. :rolleyes:

Say what you will about narcs, but is it normal for major newspapers to blow their cover in the friggin sports section? Only in Boston. :rolleyes:

Yeah, over at the Planet, that's definitely a "WTF?" question they're puzzling over.

I agree that there's something really fishy here. (Kaczur's response: "I don't know what you're talking about, bro." I realize that if he had been involved, the DEA might have insisted he say the same thing, so I'm really not sure what to make of it.)

Apparently how football works is yet another area in which you are woefully underinformed. Guys go on IR because they are injured. They are expected to play when they hurt. If they can't do that, they go on unemployment.

Dude, don't even pretend to lecture me on the sport. I played it from age 9 to age 19. I've caught more passes, taken more hits, and have been through more gassers and 12 minute runs than you've carried jockstraps. Of course, anybody with an IQ over 30 knows that football is a contact sport that requires you to play through pain. Great call there. :rolleyes: Kaczur could have sought out other methods to relieve pain instead of going with synthesized heroin. But keep defending him. After all, he DOES anchor our offensive line. :rolleyes:

EDIT: So, by your line of thinking, Matt Walsh did the right thing by ratting us ou right? After you stumble your way through that, please elaborate on what injury Kaczur suffered that required the use of the strongest and most addictive pain killer on the market. After that, explain to me why, if the injury was that bad, did he have to go through a drug dealer to get it instead of a pharmacist. This should rich.

Last edited:
Dude, don't even pretend to lecture me on the sport. I played it from age 9 to age 19. I've caught more passes, taken more hits, and have been through more gassers and 12 minute runs than you've carried jockstraps. Of course, anybody with an IQ over 30 knows that football is a contact sport that requires you to play through pain. Great call there. :rolleyes: Kaczur could have sought out other methods to relieve pain instead of going with synthesized heroin. But keep defending him. After all, he DOES anchor our offensive line. :rolleyes:

Kontra, someone needs to educate you on addiction.

When someone becomes an addict (or alcoholic) it is not due to a character weakness or flaw. It is a sickness...PERIOD. When people become addicts, they lose there ability to choose whether to take a pill/line/drink.

It is NOT their fault buddy. You need to accept that as fact. Look it up in the American Medical Association's book on disease and you'll find addiction is listed under "disease". That makes it fact, not my opinion.

Drug dealers don't take out billboard advertisements to attract kids. Kids will seek the dealer out first if he/she is curious about something.

This is the funniest thing I've read today.

Kontra, someone needs to educate you on addiction.

When someone becomes an addict (or alcoholic) it is not due to a character weakness or flaw. It is a sickness...PERIOD. When people become addicts, they lose there ability to choose whether to take a pill/line/drink.

It is NOT their fault buddy. You need to accept that as fact. Look it up in the American Medical Association's book on disease and you'll find addiction is listed under "disease". That makes it fact, not my opinion.

So they need hugs, not jail?

Good thing about this story is that Kaczur will get the treatment he so desperately needs. With his name all over the Net, what dealer is going to sell to that rat now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft