PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' Kaczur arrested for illegal possession of painkillers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kontra, someone needs to educate you on addiction.

When someone becomes an addict (or alcoholic) it is not due to a character weakness or flaw. It is a sickness...PERIOD. When people become addicts, they lose there ability to choose whether to take a pill/line/drink.

It is NOT their fault buddy. You need to accept that as fact. Look it up in the American Medical Association's book on disease and you'll find addiction is listed under "disease". That makes it fact, not my opinion.

I understand where you are coming from. I'm Irish. My family is Irish. Alcoholism runs rampant throughout it. I've seen addiction. One of my friends even became addicted to OxyContin so badly that, before I lost contact with him, he was loading it into a syringe and shooting it into his body. But, at one point in his life he was sober and made the decision to seek the drug out hence his addiction or "disease" was entirely his fault. Kaczur's situation is no different. I don't want to nor can I get into a full blown debate about this because I can only type with one hand right now, LOL. But you guys know how I feel and I shall wait for the responses.

I hope Nick finds the strength to get over his addiction.

Regards,
Chris

The funny thing is that it's not funny.
The funny thing is that it's flat-out wrong. If you think that dealers don't take an active role in seeking out kids then you need to open your eyes. Kaczur's a grown man and needs to take his medicine (pun intended) but saying that drug dealers don't seek out users...SPECIFICALLY kids...is horribly uninformed.

This is the funniest thing I've read today.

He's on a roll. This is a close second...

KontradictioN said:
Dude, don't even pretend to lecture me on the sport. I played it from age 9 to age 19. I've caught more passes, taken more hits, and have been through more gassers and 12 minute runs than you've carried jockstraps.

:rofl:

What's that saying, youth is wasted on the young - I think we've found it's posterboy.

The funny thing is that it's flat-out wrong. If you think that dealers don't take an active role in seeking out kids then you need to open your eyes. Kaczur's a grown man and needs to take his medicine (pun intended) but saying that drug dealers don't seek out users...SPECIFICALLY kids...is horribly uninformed.

And your proof for this is where? You're just sounding like a concerned parent who doesn't want his child to someday O.D. on the drug. When was the last time you were a kid? For me, it wasn't too long ago so I can remember that if I wanted to try something, I made the decision to do it first. Would peer pressure have something to do with it? Sure. I'll give you that. But it comes from both sides. The kid in question would have to be curious in the first place for the so-called 'advertsement' to work. This is why saying that Kaczur is the hero/victim is more ignorant and uninformed than anything else in this thread. He got himself addicted to synthetic heroin then rolled over on his dealer afterward to save his own ass. What a hero!

He's on a roll. This is a close second...

:rofl:

What's that saying, youth is wasted on the young - I think we've found it's posterboy.

LMAO! It's painfully obvious that you do not have a counter argument to my questions. How about answering them instead of coming up with personal attacks? When you make personal attacks instead of rebuttals, that's a sign that you are acknowledging defeat. Either answer me or respectfully bow out. This isn't the playground, buddy.

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from. I'm Irish. My family is Irish. Alcoholism runs rampant throughout it. I've seen addiction. One of my friends even became addicted to OxyContin so badly that, before I lost contact with him, he was loading it into a syringe and shooting it into his body. But, at one point in his life he was sober and made the decision to seek the drug out hence his addiction or "disease" was entirely his fault. Kaczur's situation is no different. I don't want to nor can I get into a full blown debate about this because I can only type with one hand right now, LOL. But you guys know how I feel and I shall wait for the responses.

How the hell do you know a damn thing about Kaczur's condition and what caused him to start taking painkillers? That is the whole problem with your opinion here. You base it on a factless assumption on your part. Kaczur has had a couple of different injuries, including a major one to his shoulder during his rookie year. What's to say that he didn't re-injure it last year and keep it to himself? Again, it goes back to what Mo said about fans like yourself who ***** and moan that players aren't on the field, yet ***** and moan when they do whatever it takes to stay on the field.

If someone becomes an addict as a result of a legitimate prescription or by choice isn't relevant to anything. Once you're an addict, you're an addict for life...even if you get clean & sober. The "disease" is always playing games with the addicts mind whether he's sober or not. It trys to get the addict to rationalize taking a drink/drug once again.

I know because I've been blessed to be clean & sober since 1989 and to this day the demons are still with me.

Last edited:
If someone becomes an addict as a result of a legitimate prescription or by choice isn't relevant to anything. Once you're an addict, you're an addict for life...even if you get clean & sober. The "disease" is always playing games with the addicts mind whether he's sober or not. It trys to get the addict to rationalize taking a drink/drug once again.

I know because I've been blessed to be clean & sober since 1989.

I know. I read it in the other thread. Glad to hear it man. However, you of all people should know that you alone made the decision to try coke. Nobody made you do it.

And your proof for this is where? You're just sounding like a concerned parent who doesn't want his child to someday O.D. on the drug. When was the last time you were a kid? For me, it wasn't too long ago so I can remember that if I wanted to try something, I made the decision to do it first. Would peer pressure have something to do with it? Sure. I'll give you that. But it comes from both sides. The kid in question would have to be curious in the first place for the so-called 'advertsement' to work.

This is good stuff. Drug dealers just sit back and let the kids come to them. They're certainly not at schoolyards and other places where kids congregate trying to get more customers, because they know that if they don't, someone else will. Those nice drug dealers really respect the sanctity of childhood; it's what makes them so endearing.

Tell the tobacco companies that advertising aimed at kids doesn't work.

Why does it work?

BECAUSE KIDS ARE ALWAYS CURIOUS. THAT'S PART OF BEING A KID.

I hope you don't have to have surgery on the shoulder and go through excruciating rehab only to find out arthritis can set it irrespective of age... Cause you might seek out something in a rational albeit pain wracked moment and become the victim of your own circumstances, tough guy... And then it would be hard for me to have any empathy or sympathy for you since you have little to none for others...:rolleyes:

How the hell do you know a damn thing about Kaczur's condition and what caused him to start taking painkillers? That is the whole problem with your opinion here. You base it on a factless assumption on your part. Kaczur has had a couple of different injuries, including a major one to his shoulder during his rookie year. What's to say that he didn't re-injure it last year and keep it to himself? Again, it goes back to what Mo said about fans like yourself who ***** and moan that players aren't on the field, yet ***** and moan when they do whatever it takes to stay on the field.

DaBruinz, you're right on the money here! The thing we all need to keep in mind is that we have no right to judge someone for an addiction. It is not a character weakness or flaw, it's a disease.

We ALL know someone who's had or is having problems with a substance. They are often very intellegent & gifted individuals who seem to be wasting their lives for no good reason. Addiction is not logical or rational at all and can't be judged from such a perspective.

And when someone is going down, there is nothing anyone else can do to save an addict. Nothing anyone ever said to me ever helped me...NOTHING. The only thing that can help an addict is the addict himself.

If you judge one addict, then you must judge every addict you've ever met. Even the one in your own family.

Actually "drug dealers" don't seek out customers. Its too dangerous. One 16 year old might peer pressure his own friends into "experimenting" with him, but that is different.

But a drug dealer is not going to show up at the high school parking lot, and randomly encouraging kids to try something new. And this is for a very simple reason. There is very long odds he will make a sale and very high odds that one of the kids is going to take out his/her cell phone and call 911.

In fact many drug dealers are paranoid about selling to someone they don't know unless another drug user vouches for them as not being a cop. So even if a 16 year old knows who the drug dealer is he will have hard time buying w/o a reference.

Most users get hooked because it was introduced to them by their friends.

I would speculate that Kaczur at some point got an injury and a prescription, but once the prescription ran out he wanted more.

This is good stuff. Drug dealers just sit back and let the kids come to them. They're certainly not at schoolyards and other places where kids congregate trying to get more customers, because they know that if they don't, someone else will. Those nice drug dealers really respect the sanctity of childhood; it's what makes them so endearing.

Why does it work?

So it's 100% the dealer's fault? He lured Kaczur into his house with a steak attached to a string and shoved Oxy's down his throat. :rolleyes: And Kaczur is not a kid. Oh, and can somebody please try to answer my questions:

So, by your line of thinking, Matt Walsh did the right thing by ratting us ou right? After you stumble your way through that, please elaborate on what injury Kaczur suffered that required the use of the strongest and most addictive pain killer on the market. After that, explain to me why, if the injury was that bad, did he have to go through a drug dealer to get it instead of a pharmacist. This should rich.

HE'S A JUNKIE. HE SOUGHT OUT THE DEALER AND GOT HIMSELF ADDICTED THEN ROLLED OVER ON HIM. HE'S A SCUMBAG AND IS VERY RELACEABLE ON OUR O-LINE.

Why does it work?

Drug dealers don't do what you describe because they respect the sanctity of childhood, but because if they did what you are suggesting they would be arrested within a half hour.

LMAO! It's painfully obvious that you do not have a counter argument to my questions. How about answering them instead of coming up with personal attacks? When you make personal attacks instead of rebuttals, that's a sign that you are acknowledging defeat. Either answer me or respectfully bow out. This isn't the playground, buddy.

What is painfully obvious is that you are more naive than anyone else on the subject and should be the one to "bow out." You've made statements that are clearly ignorant. From the idea that drug dealers don't go looking for kids to sell to, to the idea that people are callng Kaczur a hero, to the idea that you know a damn thing about what Kaczur's injury was.

I find it funny that you think that you know what a pro football player goes through in terms of hurt and pain just because you played ball as a kid. The only ones who know what they go through are the ones who've actually played PRO Ball. So, I figure that you got a minor taste of it and probably need to increase it by a factor of 1000 to start to come close to what the Pros go through.

The other thing is that everyone's tolerance to pain is different. As is the affect that painkillers have on them. So, to try and use your own experience to say what Kaczur was going through is also a fallacy. You can only use it as a guide.

Drug dealers don't do what you describe because they respect the sanctity of childhood, but because if they did what you are suggesting they would be arrested within a half hour.

Don't try to explain it to him. He's probably in his 50's and is obviously pretty clueless about what happens on school grounds. Next he'll be saying that drug dealers make daily house calls. It'z all a part of da big conspiracy!!1

So it's 100% the dealer's fault? He lured Kaczur into his house with a steak attached to a string and shoved Oxy's down his throat. :rolleyes: And Kaczur is not a kid.

HE'S A JUNKIE. HE SOUGHT OUT THE DEALER AND GOT HIMSELF ADDICTED THEN ROLLED OVER ON HIM. HE'S A SCUMBAG AND IS VERY RELACEABLE ON OUR O-LINE.

You should read more closely. In my first response to you, I said that Kaczur deserves what he gets. I don't give a rat's ass for who's more at fault for his pill habit.

I took issue with your idiotic "Dealers don't seek out kids..." comments. Then you restated them. It's almost like you think that dealers are just providing a service, and aren't preying on children who don't know any better.

You're kidding, right? Have either of you ever been to an inner city?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back