PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' Kaczur arrested for illegal possession of painkillers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good stuff. Drug dealers just sit back and let the kids come to them. They're certainly not at schoolyards and other places where kids congregate trying to get more customers, because they know that if they don't, someone else will. Those nice drug dealers really respect the sanctity of childhood; it's what makes them so endearing.

Tell the tobacco companies that advertising aimed at kids doesn't work.

Why does it work?

BECAUSE KIDS ARE ALWAYS CURIOUS. THAT'S PART OF BEING A KID.

You sound like an after-school special.

With street drugs, pushers usually cater to the bad neighborhoods, where there is already a steady stream of addicts. These are people who know these neighborhoods or are taking over for someone else.

Med dealing is much different. With meds, it is more likely that the seller could be a classmate, someone at the gym, a dirty pharmacist or someone who stole a script and decided to start in prescription ring, etc. Also, of course the dealer, can be an Internet supplier.

In both cases, they may sell to kids, but they aren't the type to go out hunting them.

And your proof for this is where? You're just sounding like a concerned parent who doesn't want his child to someday O.D. on the drug. When was the last time you were a kid? For me, it wasn't too long ago so I can remember that if I wanted to try something, I made the decision to do it first. Would peer pressure have something to do with it? Sure. I'll give you that. But it comes from both sides. The kid in question would have to be curious in the first place for the so-called 'advertsement' to work. This is why saying that Kaczur is the hero/victim is more ignorant and uninformed than anything else in this thread. He got himself addicted to synthetic heroin then rolled over on his dealer afterward to save his own ass. What a hero!

Kontra, your reasoning is still wrong.

I grew up with a group of guys and we all did the same things. We drank and we experimented with drugs. The rest of my friends went on with their lives successfully and left the drugs behind...I did not.

That was not a choice I made my friend. There are genetic dispositions to addiction and they vary greatly from person to person.

NO ONE EVER CHOOSES TO BECOME AN ADDICT.

Why would anyone ever do that?

What you are trying to do is put yourself on a little pedistal and say that you "could have" become an addict but you had the good sense not to. Which brings us all back to the basic reality in life "No one is BETTER than anyone else...EVER"

Kontra, you are not any stronger, smarter, possess better character nor do you have better morals than someone who is an addict. You are no better then "them", you are the same.

If you were born with a genetic predisposition to be an addict, chances are you'd be one right now.

None of my 2 brothers or my sister are addicts or alcoholics, but I am. So we know not everyone in a family is born with that predisposition.

The bottom line is CHOICE has no place in a discussion of addiction. It is irrelevant.

Last edited:
As a Pats fan I wish Nick (even tho he's a damn Canadian doing jobs Americans won't do) the best in dealing with his addiction.

Last edited:
Drug dealers don't do what you describe because they respect the sanctity of childhood, but because if they did what you are suggesting they would be arrested within a half hour.

Maybe in your neighborhood, or KontradictioN's, but not in the most of the neighborhoods of the world...

God, some of you are beyond naive and/or have led incredibly sheltered (and probably priviledged) lives and become irrationally judgemental as a result.

You sound like an after-school special.

With street drugs, pushers usually cater to the bad neighborhoods, where there is already a steady stream of addicts. These are people who know these neighborhoods or are taking over for someone else.

Med dealing is much different. With meds, it is more likely that the seller could be a classmate, someone at the gym, a dirty pharmacist or someone who stole a script and decided to start in prescription ring, etc. Also, of course the dealer, can be an Internet supplier.

In both cases, they may sell to kids, but they aren't the type to go out hunting them.

But we're agreed that street dealers (weed, crack, whatever the hell else is hot right now) do, yes?

So it's 100% the dealer's fault? He lured Kaczur into his house with a steak attached to a string and shoved Oxy's down his throat. :rolleyes: And Kaczur is not a kid. Oh, and can somebody please try to answer my questions:

So, by your line of thinking, Matt Walsh did the right thing by ratting us ou right? After you stumble your way through that, please elaborate on what injury Kaczur suffered that required the use of the strongest and most addictive pain killer on the market. After that, explain to me why, if the injury was that bad, did he have to go through a drug dealer to get it instead of a pharmacist. This should rich.

HE'S A JUNKIE. HE SOUGHT OUT THE DEALER AND GOT HIMSELF ADDICTED THEN ROLLED OVER ON HIM. HE'S A SCUMBAG AND IS VERY RELACEABLE ON OUR O-LINE.

Kaczur is no more of a scumbag than you are. Sitting there acting like the drug dealers have a right to illegally deal drugs.

Why don't get off your friggin high horse and get over yourself already? OH wait. You can't do that because you're the friggin high and mighty moral police for the drug dealers pretending like the drug dealers have no fault.

Yes, Kaczur got addicted to the drugs, but who the hell are you to say it wasn't from a perscription he started off with? Also, there have been plenty of cases where people have psychological issues that make them believe that they are still in pain, even when their body isn't. I don't know if that is the case with Kaczur. Neither do you. You'd rather just sit here and damn the guy rather than accept the possibility that Kaczur realized he has an issue, admitted to his mistake, and then helped the cops get someone else who was breaking the law. It doesn't make him a hero by any stretch of the imagination. It just makes him someone who is human, admitted to a mistake, and took action to correct that mistake.

BTW, its pretty friggin stupid of you to try and compare Kaczur's situation to the situation with Matt Walsh since Walsh wasn't the one who turned the Pats in. That was Mangini. Also, Walsh provided nothing that the league didn't already know about in terms of the team.

So it's 100% the dealer's fault? He lured Kaczur into his house with a steak attached to a string and shoved Oxy's down his throat. :rolleyes: And Kaczur is not a kid. Oh, and can somebody please try to answer my questions:

So, by your line of thinking, Matt Walsh did the right thing by ratting us ou right? After you stumble your way through that, please elaborate on what injury Kaczur suffered that required the use of the strongest and most addictive pain killer on the market. After that, explain to me why, if the injury was that bad, did he have to go through a drug dealer to get it instead of a pharmacist. This should rich.

HE'S A JUNKIE. HE SOUGHT OUT THE DEALER AND GOT HIMSELF ADDICTED THEN ROLLED OVER ON HIM. HE'S A SCUMBAG AND IS VERY RELACEABLE ON OUR O-LINE.

Kontra, once again you speak no logic or reason.

Ratting out those who engage in illegal activity is ALWAYS good. If you were making money illegally as my neighbor you bet your ***can I'd rat you out.

How can anyone say that reporting criminal activity is the action of a scumbag? Maybe Kaczur's motives were poor, but I'm all for ratting.

Last edited:
These drug dealers and users are lucky to be in US. In Singapore, they are executed.

Drug destroys family, friend, and people's life and health.

I went to Walmart yesterday to buy compressed air can to clean my computer and a Walmart employee asked for my ID. I asked him why after showing my ID. His answer was kids using it to get "high". I was shocked.!

Rehabitation doesn't work because people miraculously go back after a few days.

Last edited:
What is painfully obvious is that you are more naive than anyone else on the subject and should be the one to "bow out."
-Really? Well let's see... I've had two injuries that required a perscription for OxyContin. I've taken the entire bottle both times. They are VERY addictive but I didn't seek out people who I KNEW sold them on the side afterward. I have two friends that got hooked on it. One, as I described, shot it up. The other smoked it on a piece of tin foil with a pen cap. I have more than enough pathos on the subject to speak out about it. So far, I've stayed within the subject field while other's have brought up kids and their addictions as if Kaczur is 16 and innocent. You want to know what is painfully obvious? Your vendetta against me from day 1. Do you just disagree with me on stuff for the hell of it? It sure seems so.

From the idea that drug dealers don't go looking for kids to sell to
-So you think they go looking for kids at school? It's pretty obvious due to laws and upped security presence on campuses that they don't. The only other place they can look for them is at home which is doutful in itself. Your argument has more holes than a strainer.

to the idea that people are callng Kaczur a hero
-There is a thread asking that very same question. It's a couple of links down on the forum.

to the idea that you know a damn thing about what Kaczur's injury was.
-I don't, which is why I asked the question. Apparently nobody else does either... including you.

I find it funny that you think that you know what a pro football player goes through in terms of hurt and pain just because you played ball as a kid. The only ones who know what they go through are the ones who've actually played PRO Ball. So, I figure that you got a minor taste of it and probably need to increase it by a factor of 1000 to start to come close to what the Pros go through.
-I played football up until my first year in college. Do you honestly think that a helmet under the chin from a college athelete is that much different than a suprise helmet under the chin from a pro athelete? They both hurt but one just may do you the justice of knocking you out. When you're out cold, you can't feel the pain.

As a Pats fan I wish Nick (even tho he's a damn Canadian doing jobs Americans won't do) the best in dealing with his addiction.

Now this is a humble man's attitude to take.

But for the grace of God, it could be me.

LMAO! It's painfully obvious that you do not have a counter argument to my questions. How about answering them instead of coming up with personal attacks? When you make personal attacks instead of rebuttals, that's a sign that you are acknowledging defeat. Either answer me or respectfully bow out. This isn't the playground, buddy.

This is not a personal attack?

Dude, don't even pretend to lecture me on the sport. I played it from age 9 to age 19. I've caught more passes, taken more hits, and have been through more gassers and 12 minute runs than you've carried jockstraps.

It's also pretty danm funny considering some of us may have played and coached the game beyond those 10 years.

Not picking on you but:

I played football up until my first year in college. Do you honestly think that a helmet under the chin from a college athelete is that much different than a suprise helmet under the chin from a pro athelete? They both hurt but one just may do you the justice of knocking you out. When you're out cold, you can't feel the pain.
Pro football players are bigger, faster, stronger than college football players. Pro football players train at the highest level all season. So, one hit from a college player may be as bad as one hit from a pro player. But, the repeated pounding taken in the pro game for a longer season is MUCH more severe than the college game.

Last edited:
-Really? Well let's see... I've had two injuries that required a perscription for OxyContin. I've taken the entire bottle both times. They are VERY addictive but I didn't seek out people who I KNEW sold them on the side afterward. I have two friends that got hooked on it. One, as I described, shot it up. The other smoked it on a piece of tin foil with a pen cap. I have more than enough pathos on the subject to speak out about it. So far, I've stayed within the subject field while other's have brought up kids and their addictions as if Kaczur is 16 and innocent. You want to know what is painfully obvious? Your vendetta against me from day 1. Do you just disagree with me on stuff for the hell of it? It sure seems so.

-So you think they go looking for kids at school? It's pretty obvious due to laws and upped security presence on campuses that they don't. The only other place they can look for them is at home which is doutful in itself. Your argument has more holes than a strainer.

-There is a thread asking that very same question. It's a couple of links down on the forum.

-I don't, which is why I asked the question. Apparently nobody else does either... including you.

-I played football up until my first year in college. Do you honestly think that a helmet under the chin from a college athelete is that much different than a suprise helmet under the chin from a pro athelete? They both hurt but one just may do you the justice of knocking you out. When you're out cold, you can't feel the pain.

Kontra, if you have any balls, you'll start addressing my posts.

Just because YOU didn't get addicted doesn't mean you are better, stronger, smarter, have higher character or better morals than your buddy who did become addicted.

YOU ARE THE SAME AS HIM, NO BETTER IN ANY WAY.

Except your genetic make up is different, that is all.

Last edited:
So you think they go looking for kids at school? It's pretty obvious due to laws and upped security presence on campuses that they don't. The only other place they can look for them is at home which is doutful in itself. Your argument has more holes than a strainer.

I hope your attitude does a 180 when you have kids. You are woefully ill-informed if you think that a) drug dealers don't deal at schools, and b) the only two places that kids are vulnerable to them are at school and at home.

Kontra, your reasoning is still wrong.

I grew up with a group of guys and we all did the same things. We drank and we experimented with drugs. The rest of my friends went on with their lives successfully and left the drugs behind...I did not.

That was not a choice I made my friend. There are genetic dispositions to addiction and they vary greatly from person to person.

NO ONE EVER CHOOSES TO BECOME AN ADDICT.

Why would anyone ever do that?

What you are trying to do is put yourself on a little pedistal and say that you "could have" become an addict but you had the good sense not to. Which brings us all back to the basic reality in life "No one is BETTER than anyone else...EVER"

Kontra, you are not any stronger, smarter, possess better character nor do you have better morals than someone who is an addict. You are no better then "them", you are the same.

If you were born with a genetic predisposition to be an addict, chances are you'd be one right now.

None of my 2 brothers or my sister are addicts or alcoholics, but I am. So we know not everyone in a family is born with that predisposition.

The bottom line is CHOICE has no place in a discussion of addiction. It is irrelevant.

It's pretty tough for people to show sympathy to drug users, especially when so much bad stuff happens by people addicted to drugs. You can preach til your face turns blue, but this "addiction is a disease" reason won't change many people's minds.

Also, we all know that addiction is a disease, but when the signs started showing, something could have been done by him. If this started out legitimately after a prescription from a doctor, he could have told doc, hey man I've been popping one more pill a day than you told me to. What should I do? Something as simple as that. The doctor would have given him something less potent or something. From what I hear, painkiller medication is a widespread problem in the NFL.

This is not a personal attack?

Dude, don't even pretend to lecture me on the sport. I played it from age 9 to age 19. I've caught more passes, taken more hits, and have been through more gassers and 12 minute runs than you've carried jockstraps.

WOOOO...DOGGGIIEEEEE!! That just gave me the chills!

I've never been through one "gasser", have you PATSNUTME?

If you hang around with a wrong friend, you end up in prision or under the bridge. When I was a kid, I used to hear that I needed to try to know what it was but I didn't try anything.

"curious" is not a right word. "Stupidity" is the right one.

It's pretty tough for people to show sympathy to drug users, especially when so much bad stuff happens by people addicted to drugs. You can preach til your face turns blue, but this "addiction is a disease" reason won't change many people's minds.

Also, we all know that addiction is a disease, but when the signs started showing, something could have been done by him. If this started out legitimately after a prescription from a doctor, he could have told doc, hey man I've been popping one more pill a day than you told me to. What should I do? Something as simple as that. The doctor would have given him something less potent or something. From what I hear, painkiller medication is a widespread problem in the NFL.

Let me give you some advice BadMo, you can't have an opinion on something you know nothing about.

There is never a time in the process of becoming an alcoholic where we think "wow, look at the signs, I should get some help"...NEVER!

We typically have those thought when it's too late and we've already become addicted. There is no consious decision making in becoming addicted.

I know that for a fact & you don't.

But we're agreed that street dealers (weed, crack, whatever the hell else is hot right now) do, yes?

No I totally agree that many drug dealers do sell to kids, but they will not have an active presence working the schools. Most states have sentencing guidelines that will double if caught within 100 yards of a school campus. And while we do see dealing in schools, most of that is done to regular users not new recruits.

If you hang around with a wrong friend, you end up in prision or under the bridge. When I was a kid, I used to hear that I needed to try to know what it was but I didn't try anything.

"curious" is not a right word. "Stupidity" is the right one.

Once again, I can tell you as fact that "intellegence & stupidity" have ZERO to do with becoming an alcoholic. As a matter of fact, addicts & alcoholics are typically above average intelligence and have great capacity for creativity. Just look at all the famous artists throughout history who have been addicts.

I will repeat myself here and state that the only reason some people consider addiction a moral weakness or a character flaw is becasue they actually have the ball to believe they are "better" than "that kind of person"

NEPatriot, I can tell you for a fact you are no better in any way than an addict...or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited:
No I totally agree that many drug dealers do sell to kids, but they will not have an active presence working the schools. Most states have sentencing guidelines that will double if caught within 100 yards of a school campus. And while we do see dealing in schools, most of that is done to regular users not new recruits.

You're wrong. Dealers often employ a student or students to deal on their behalf within the schools, as well. Who's going to stop them? The principal? Rent-a-Cops? Please.

I can't believe I have to waste keystrokes explaining any of this to anybody. At least your stance is a little more reasonable the Kontradiction's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore