PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' Kaczur arrested for illegal possession of painkillers

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh...yeah, I'm an addict...I'm addicted to air...watch this......inhale......just got my fix for the next few seconds...

this whole topic is so complicated that there is no right side of the argument...and I can't sit here sipping a beer and get into throwing stones at somebody who's taking painkillers...and besides, beer (alcohol is a DRUG) makes me feel good. The real problem all along has been the criminalization of altered states of consciousness, to the point that someone with a pound of marijuana, used for thousands of years in all cultures worldwide, can get locked up LONGER than some creep stalking kids or some lunatic robbing milk stores.

The real problem all along has been the criminalization of altered states of consciousness, to the point that someone with a pound of marijuana, used for thousands of years in all cultures worldwide, can get locked up LONGER than some creep stalking kids or some lunatic robbing milk stores.

I hear that pedophiles don't seek out the kids; the kids are curious.

It's a joke to make a point!

Last edited:
Let me give you some advice BadMo, you can't have an opinion on something you know nothing about.

There is never a time in the process of becoming an alcoholic where we think "wow, look at the signs, I should get some help"...NEVER!

We typically have those thought when it's too late and we've already become addicted. There is no consious decision making in becoming addicted.

I know that for a fact & you don't.

Well thanks for the advice, Tyrone Biggums. I guess I'll get hooked on heroin and offer my opinion.

So are you saying that if Nick was taking pills the way his doctor had prescribed, then he is already addicted and has no mental capacity to know right from wrong? No wonder he screwed us in the Super Bowl, he was a drugged-out zombie.

So what are you saying PILLGATE.

Just like when Andrews got arrested people assumed he had too much for just himself so in turn he must be sharing with teamates...I think that is a leap you shouldn't make.

Big diff between the two substances, as I am sure you are aware.

Believe me - it's a leap I do not want to make......this quote from the globe article may explain it.

"But, Grossberg accused Kaczur of "puffery," insisting he was inflating the amount of drugs he bought to make it seem as if he had more to offer authorities and get himself out of any legal trouble."
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...patriot_arrested_then_aids_drug_sting/?page=2

There are some other troubling aspects to this as has been pointed out -How and why does a minor DEA sting become so publisized by a major newspaper?

Why can't peoples private lives remain private - even if they happen to play or coach for an NFL football team?

Big diff between the two substances, as I am sure you are aware.

Believe me - it's a leap I do not want to make......this quote from the globe article may explain it.

"But, Grossberg accused Kaczur of "puffery," insisting he was inflating the amount of drugs he bought to make it seem as if he had more to offer authorities and get himself out of any legal trouble."
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...patriot_arrested_then_aids_drug_sting/?page=2

There are some other troubling aspects to this as has been pointed out -How and why does a minor DEA sting become so publisized by a major newspaper?

Why can't peoples private lives remain private - even if they happen to play or coach for an NFL football team?

Mmm ... because it involves a professional football player? :rolleyes:

Well thanks for the advice, Tyrone Biggums. I guess I'll get hooked on heroin and offer my opinion.

So are you saying that if Nick was taking pills the way his doctor had prescribed, then he is already addicted and has no mental capacity to know right from wrong? No wonder he screwed us in the Super Bowl, he was a drugged-out zombie.

I'm saying that for some reason, you're trying to give your opinion on something you know nothing about because you want to believe you're better.

But you are no better.

Ask yourself why you're acting as though you understand addiction when you know you don't.

In California, you need to have a license to subscribe strong pain killer medicine if your doctor thinks that you REALLY need it.

I'm saying that for some reason, you're trying to give your opinion on something you know nothing about because you want to believe you're better.

But you are no better.

Ask yourself why you're acting as though you understand addiction when you know you don't.

Bro, I know they probably taught you that in classes, but who the hell is saying anything about being better than anyone else? No one here is saying that. I give my opinions because like many others, we've all had our experiences, wether our own or a loved one, with addiction. If it was up to you, you'd be the only one commenting in this thread.

But since you mention it. As far as character, hell yes, I am better than a druggie or criminal.

You should read more closely. In my first response to you, I said that Kaczur deserves what he gets. I don't give a rat's ass for who's more at fault for his pill habit.

I took issue with your idiotic "Dealers don't seek out kids..." comments. Then you restated them. It's almost like you think that dealers are just providing a service, and aren't preying on children who don't know any better.

So by your line of thinking, McDpnald's is at fault for people getting fat and Phillip Morris is at fault for people getting addicted to cigarettes? Wrong. Fat people made the conscious decision to pick up a cheeseburger and smokers (including myself) made the conscious decision to get a pack of cigarettes. Advertisement can only do so much without human judgemental error.

No I totally agree that many drug dealers do sell to kids, but they will not have an active presence working the schools. Most states have sentencing guidelines that will double if caught within 100 yards of a school campus. And while we do see dealing in schools, most of that is done to regular users not new recruits.

Seriously, you and Kontra need to get your heads out of you asses! What makes you think you know how a drug dealer thinks or is willing to do to get a sale? Besides you contradicted yourself by saying that they don't have an active presence in schools but the next line say that they do, which is it?

With your reasoning above, no one would ever kill another cop in this country because they know if they do then they will be sentenced to death themselves if/when they are caught. PLEASE!

Drug dealers do become desperate themselves if they owe the bigger/badder dealer who they got the drugs from money. They will sell to anyone, anywhere. I also know of people who DO get house calls. There are so many messed up people in this world that have no regard for any rules, laws, or even the sanctity of another persons life, what the hell makes you and Kontra think that anything will deter them from getting what they want?

Here is my proof that the drug dealers will do and have done what I and others are telling you which is seeking out new customers.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9805E4D81438E633A25757C2A9649D946596D6CF

Now you and Kontra please come up with some evidence that drug dealers won't do this so we can end this ridiculous argument.

Last edited:
So by your line of thinking, McDpnald's is at fault for people getting fat and Phillip Morris is at fault for people getting addicted to cigarettes? Wrong. Fat people made the conscious decision to pick up a cheeseburger and smokers (including myself) made the conscious decision to get a pack of cigarettes. Advertisement can only do so much without human judgemental error.

How you can sit there, presumably with a straight face, and argue that dealers aren't culpable for getting kids addicted to drugs (or that they don't even try, because kids are going out of their way to find the dealers)...is beyond me.

You're expecting kids to exhibit the same decision-making capacity that (most) adults have.

My advice is to not do that, ever.

Bro, I know they probably taught you that in classes, but who the hell is saying anything about being better than anyone else? No one here is saying that. I give my opinions because like many others, we've all had our experiences, wether our own or a loved one, with addiction. If it was up to you, you'd be the only one commenting in this thread.

But since you mention it. As far as character, hell yes, I am better than a druggie or criminal.

druggie is different from criminal badmo.

You are no better than a druggie.

And when all is said and done, you're no "better" than anyone.

Our society has gotten so programmed to believe and actually strive for "Better-than" it's really sad.

Everyday, we hear messages that tell us "How we look, what we own, how much money we make and how smart we are" will actually put us on some higher level than the next guy.

Guess what? none of those things have anything to do with who you are...not one of them!

Once again, you have your opinion which is based upon nothing but opinion.

BTW....I have never taken any "classes" on addiction. What the hell does that mean?

I can assure you one thing BadMo...If you were born with the genetic disposition to be an addict, all your high-character would not have saved you and you would have become one.

The only way for someone who is born with the genetic disposition to be an addict can avoid becoming one is to never drink or take a drug.

I am a strong man...an typical man who has good character and was brought up with strong morals and none of these helped me stop my addiction.

I will state for the final time; Character, strength & moral fiber have nothing to do with becoming an addict. You can debate me on this but you'll be wrong.

-Really? Well let's see... I've had two injuries that required a perscription for OxyContin. I've taken the entire bottle both times. They are VERY addictive but I didn't seek out people who I KNEW sold them on the side afterward. I have two friends that got hooked on it. One, as I described, shot it up. The other smoked it on a piece of tin foil with a pen cap. I have more than enough pathos on the subject to speak out about it. So far, I've stayed within the subject field while other's have brought up kids and their addictions as if Kaczur is 16 and innocent. You want to know what is painfully obvious? Your vendetta against me from day 1. Do you just disagree with me on stuff for the hell of it? It sure seems so.

Again, what YOU experienced using OxyContin may not be what Kaczur experienced. Due to the differences in body chemistry, size and weight. So, NO, you do not have enough Pathos on the subject to speak out about it.

There is no "vendetta" against you. You aren't worth the time or the effort to have a "vendetta". I disagree with you when you talk out your arse. As I do with others who talk out their arses.

-So you think they go looking for kids at school? It's pretty obvious due to laws and upped security presence on campuses that they don't. The only other place they can look for them is at home which is doutful in itself. Your argument has more holes than a strainer.

I live down the street from an elementary school. Its about 300 ft from my front door. I can count on one hand the number of times there has been a police officer on this street during school. One of the times was because I filed a complaint with the school about parents driving the wrong way on the street.

-There is a thread asking that very same question. It's a couple of links down on the forum.

Yes. And its a stupid thread. Especially since it was just a yes or no question that was asked and its not really a yes or no answer.

-I don't, which is why I asked the question. Apparently nobody else does either... including you.

I admitted to not knowing the injury. Yet, you sit there and act all high and mighty like there is no injury he could have had that could have caused him enough pain where he'd seek out some heavy pain killers without notifying the team.

-I played football up until my first year in college. Do you honestly think that a helmet under the chin from a college athelete is that much different than a suprise helmet under the chin from a pro athelete? They both hurt but one just may do you the justice of knocking you out. When you're out cold, you can't feel the pain.

I KNOW that a helmet under the chin from a college athelete is different than a helmet under the chin from a pro athelete. Just like I know that the 85 MPH slapshots I faced in college are significantly different than the 90-100 MPH slapshots that the pros face.

Also, you are wrong that your body can't feel pain when you are out cold. It can and does. Again, you talk about things you clearly don't know enough about.

Seriously, you and Kontra need to get your heads out of you asses! What makes you think you know how a drug dealer thinks or is willing to do to get a sale? Besides you contradicted yourself by saying that they don't have an active presence in schools but the next line say that they do, which is it?

With your reasoning above, no one would ever kill another cop in this country because they know if they do then they will be sentenced to death themselves if/when they are caught. PLEASE!

Drug dealers do become desperate themselves if they owe the bigger/badder dealer who they got the drugs from money. They will sell to anyone, anywhere. I also know of people who DO get house calls. There are so many messed up people in this world that have no regard for any rules, laws, or even the sanctity of another persons life, what the hell makes you and Kontra think that anything will deter them from getting what they want?

Here is my proof that the drug dealers will do and have done what I and others are telling you which is seeking out new customers.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9805E4D81438E633A25757C2A9649D946596D6CF

Now you and Kontra please come up with some evidence that drug dealers won't do this so we can end this ridiculous argument.

SOLD DRUGS TO CHILDREN.; Police Set a Trap for Men Who Beset Public Schools.
Save

December 24, 1914, Thursday

Page 10, 1177 words

Best argument ever.

Obviously Phillip Morris IS guilty of getting people addicted to tobacco otherwise why would so they be paying the billions of $$ they have lost in court cases in which they were indeed found culpable.

They purposefully added ingredients to make them more addictive when they never told anyone they were addictive at all for decades.

druggie is different from criminal badmo.

You are no better than a druggie.

And when all is said and done, you're no "better" than anyone.

Our society has gotten so programmed to believe and actually strive for "Better-than" it's really sad.

Everyday, we hear messages that tell us "How we look, what we own, how much money we make and how smart we are" will actually put us on some higher level than the next guy.

Guess what? none of those things have anything to do with who you are...not one of them!

Once again, you have your opinion which is based upon nothing but opinion.

BTW....I have never taken any "classes" on addiction. What the hell does that mean?

I can assure you one thing BadMo...If you were born with the genetic disposition to be an addict, all your high-character would not have saved you and you would have become one.

The only way for someone who is born with the genetic disposition to be an addict can avoid becoming one is to never drink or take a drug.

I am a strong man...an typical man who has good character and was brought up with strong morals and none of these helped me stop my addiction.

I will state for the final time; Character, strength & moral fiber have nothing to do with becoming an addict. You can debate me on this but you'll be wrong.

If a druggie is caught with drugs, he becomes a criminal. If he's caught under the influence, he becomes a criminal. If he's caught robbing or stealing, he becomes a criminal. If he's caught ****ting in public, he becomes a criminal. Actually, if he's using illegal drugs obtained through illegal means than he's a criminal.

So, yes, I'm better than a druggie, but equal to law-abiding druggies.

Best argument ever.

My point, it has been going on forever and you obviously live in a sheltered world or just turn a blind eye to what happens in our world.

Here is a more recent article for you... I'll even quote a part of it for you so you don't have to strain your brain to hard.
http://www.10news.com/news/13360601/detail.html
10News investigative reporter Steve Atkinson looks into these drugs designed to lure unsuspecting children into danger.

They look like candy, snack foods or soda, but there's nothing sweet about them -- they're drugs.

Dealers are targeting kids with things like chocolate bars and gumballs filled with marijuana.

A so-called strawberry quick is really crystal methamphetamine disguised as a pink, strawberry-flavored powder.

Experts said dealers are being forced to get creative because teen drug use is on the decline.

"They need to find new customers, and they're trying to drum up business," said Bylsma.

And dealers know they've got to hook customers while they're young.

"If they reach the age of 21 and they haven't begun to use, then their chances of them using are very, very small," said Bylsma.

Rebuttal?

If a druggie is caught with drugs, he becomes a criminal. If he's caught under the influence, he becomes a criminal. If he's caught robbing or stealing, he becomes a criminal. If he's caught ****ting in public, he becomes a criminal. Actually, if he's using illegal drugs obtained through illegal means than he's a criminal.

So, yes, I'm better than a druggie, but equal to law-abiding druggies.

If you're caught speeding, you're a criminal.

If you're caught jaywalking, you're a criminal.

If you're caught littering, you're a criminal.

If you're caught getting or giving oral in a few select states, you're a criminal.

This is fun.

I understand that drugs are sold at schools, what I am getting at is that we're not seeing a drug dealer pull up in his drugmobile hoping to get kids hooked. Kids start out normally out of curiousity and peer pressure. Someone they know has weed, coke or whatever. They ask them if they want to try it, and either they do or don't. If they try it, either they continue using it or they don't. Then the cycle continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore