Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots' Kaczur arrested for illegal possession of painkillers

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by AdamJT13, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2008/06/03/kaczur_0604.html

The full story can be found at this link -- http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2008/06/03/kaczur_0604.html

It's not posted on the Globe's Web site yet (2 a.m. Eastern).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2008
  2. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

very surprised. not that he had pain killers, but that he was arrested, and the entire media world wasnt calling for b.b.'s suspension :eek:
    pretty amazing they kept it a secret, but they would have to in order to pull off the sting.

3. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +143 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

WTF??? He was in a sting operation?

I think i just saw this movie. It was called "We Own The Night". And it sucked.

Bizarre...

4. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I don't the signing of Oliver Ross was a coincidence.

5. unoriginal

unoriginal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +231 / 3 / -1

So apparently Kaczur turned state's evidence to escape a misdemeanor drug possession charge and a moving violation.

I'm sure some intrepid sports reporters will get to the bottom of this case and give us all the pertinent information as it transpires.

Oh wait, that'll be the regular reporters. The sports reporters will yak yak yak yak yak yak about what they think about this case.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  6. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +414 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

Uh-oh, bad news. Kaczur had a (rumoured) reputation as a pot-head at one time. But Oxycodin is basically an opiate (from Wikipedia):

Oxycodone was first synthesized in a German laboratory in 1916, a few years after the German pharmaceutical company Bayer had stopped the mass production of heroin due to addiction and abuse by both patients and physicians. It was hoped that a thebaine-derived drug would retain the analgesic effects of morphine and heroin with less of the euphoric effect which led to addiction and over use. To some extent this was achieved, as oxycodone does not "hit" the central nervous system with the same immediate punch as heroin or morphine and it does not last as long. The subjective experience of a "high" was still reported for oxycodone, however, and it made its way into medical usage in small increments in most Western countries until the introduction of high strength preparations with inert (inactive) binders radically boosted oxycodone use.

The introduction of these higher strength preparations in 1995 resulted in increasing patterns of abuse. Unlike Percocet, whose potential for abuse is somewhat limited by the presence of paracetamol, OxyContin and other extended release preparations, contains only oxycodone and inert filler. Abusers simply crush the tablets, then either ingest the resulting powder orally, intranasally, intramuscular, or subcutaneous injection (by dissolving the powder), or rectally to achieve rapid absorption into the bloodstream. The tablets' coatings are removed, and they are crushed or chopped up by abusers to disable the time-release properties of the tablet, which allows the entire dose to "hit" the abuser at once. This rapid onset of the entire dose, or "hit", is referred to as "the rush" by drug abusers. This "rush" delivers a feeling of, what is described by abusers as, a "blissful apathy" and state of well-being, accompanied by a powerful and alluring euphoria. Injection of oxycodone directly into the bloodstream produces the most intense effects. Injection of OxyContin is also particularly dangerous since it contains binders which enable the time release of the drug. The vast majority of OxyContin-related deaths are attributed to ingesting substantial quantities of oxycodone in combination with another depressant of the central nervous system such as alcohol or benzodiazepines.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

The Globe painted this as another Patriots scandal, while all it is is a player who has addiction issues.. it is what it is.. hopefully he recovers and can be an asset to this team..

8. reject

reject Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Cant wait to see how jealous NFL fan idiots spin this one. No, I'm not defending Kaczur or sweeping what he did under the rug, it's just that these inbred morons will probably say we need more asterisks on our Super Bowl titles because of this.

9. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He needs painkillers for all the butt-kickings he took last year.

10. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I have heard a bit about things regarding him before..I think last year there were a few threads and SOME I believe wanted him traded and gone..NOT a large surprise....

11. unoriginal

unoriginal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +231 / 3 / -1

Our offensive lineman sure do suck. They only ever seem to give up sacks, never make them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BSR

BSR In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

If this were Brett Favre the article about how he was a hero.

13. Bertil

Bertil Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He probably does have a Super Bowl hangover....

14. Julius

Julius On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Wow the RT position for the Pats is cursed. Oxycotin is a powerful Opiate if Kaczur was needing pain pills for pain their are other ones available that are not so likely to mess you up. I suspect that these pills were more for getting high than playing through pain. The Pats need to trade him to the Rats he will fit right in.

15. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Ted Johnson did at one time have a painkiller addiction, around the same time when his wife accused him of assault, the charges were dropped, and they divorced. Also around the time when he accused Belichick of contributing to his demise.

16. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

LOL if you didn't know that Kaczur was the weak link of the Pats' O-line before SB42 then you didn't watch the Pats in 2007.

17. castlelong1

castlelong1 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I can already see it. Goodell ignores it while dropping the hammer on the Bills and everyone ignore the June 1st bit and claim it shows more favoritism towards the Patriots.

18. Bigdogx

Bigdogx On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

These pills are bad news, i have a few former friends i knew that got hooked on them and moved to other worse drugs "heroin" when they got to expensive for them to buy.

19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

That is why we had three O-line probowlers last year..

20. NE39

NE39 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wonder when he shared his arrest with the team. If he cooperated with the authorities in hopes of avoiding the arrest becoming public knowledge, he could face possible consequences. A player is supposed to inform the team and NFL of an arrest immediately, and failure to do so subjects them to discipline. That is part of what got Pacman Jones in trouble on one of his many issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.