PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Fans Keep the Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am saddened and upset about the loss of Willie. I will miss him a lot. It will be hard to imagine not seeing #55 out here.

I will be saddened and upset if Adam signs with another team.

However, I was a Patriot fan before those two players arrived on the scene and I am and will be a Patriots fan until the day I die.

I have faith that BB will have a championship contending team for us when it's all said and done. That is what he, Scott, and Bob Kraft are all about.

This is not blind faith. This is faith based on past experience and being able to gain some insight about these people over the years.

It's easy to think in the moment. What do things look like today. But in another month and a half we will have a good idea what our team is going to look like. And, I think as Patriot fans we will be pleased.

Thanks for all of the great memories #55.

Very well said. I am with 100% Patnut. You nutty guy! :rocker:

Look, everyone here loves BB/Pioli. We have lost some starters, but do you see anyone out there that will improve the team right now who will replace the players that left. Im not panicking or anything, but besides the patience comments etc., what are some ideas of who can replace these players leaving that will IMPROVE the team.

Well said..I also believe that somehow BB will find 53 guys to field a team and that the 53 will be better than last years

I agree. Still got plenty of talent and leadership on this team. We lost Bledsoe and Milloy, and won a championship without Ty Law in the lineup. Gotta trust in BB.

That said, I'll really miss Willie. Maybe Adam too. But Willie DEFINITELY. More than anyone else who's left in the past five years.

PATSNUTme said:
I am saddened and upset about the loss of Willie. I will miss him a lot. It will be hard to imagine not seeing #55 out here.

I will be saddened and upset if Adam signs with another team.

However, I was a Patriot fan before those two players arrived on the scene and I am and will be a Patriots fan until the day I die.

I have faith that BB will have a championship contending team for us when it's all said and done. That is what he, Scott, and Bob Kraft are all about.

This is not blind faith. This is faith based on past experience and being able to gain some insight about these people over the years.

It's easy to think in the moment. What do things look like today. But in another month and a half we will have a good idea what our team is going to look like. And, I think as Patriot fans we will be pleased.

Thanks for all of the great memories #55.

Thank you for this Nut! For some crazy reason I can not get this website at work and when I got home I felt bombarded by all of the BB must go threads! Honestly, this is the WORST week I have spent as member of this board. I joined this board to talk with other fans about my favorite team, and it has been heartbreaking to see the way people here are turning on BB, the team and each other!

I do not have blind faith in Bill and Scott, but I do believe their history with the team earns them the benefit of the doubt. This is not CLEVELAND people!! I am embarassed and ashamed by the behavior of some fans on this board!

oldrover said:
I agree. Still got plenty of talent and leadership on this team. We lost Bledsoe and Milloy, and won a championship without Ty Law in the lineup. Gotta trust in BB.

That said, I'll really miss Willie. Maybe Adam too. But Willie DEFINITELY. More than anyone else who's left in the past five years.
I must agree with you on that one..especially in the locker room...Je owned that and controlled that...absolutely!! I am sad..but in this age of the NFL..players come and go..and it is rare that a player stays his whole career with one club. I thought WIllie would stay, but RAC and the Browns wanted him more and threw more money at him...and I am sure BB did NOT think that would happen. A gamble..but?? There are plenty of thoughts in Plan B..If you don't think so you have NO idea about him and SP. It's about team and I really think this will be a strong and interesting Patriot team..wait and see.

The man got 6mil gaurenteed. Be happy for him. If we would have given that, the jerks would have screamed that we over paid him.

Willie is one of my favorite players and I will miss him. But, as a Patriot fan, I still have confidence in the leadership of this team.

PATSNUTme said:
The man got 6mil gaurenteed. Be happy for him. If we would have given that, the jerks would have screamed that we over paid him.

Willie is one of my favorite players and I will miss him. But, as a Patriot fan, I still have confidence in the leadership of this team.

I love Willie too! This is a tough one to take, but I am not willing to think this non-move by the Patriots has doomed the 2006 season!

Hey we still got Poole.
What would happen here if BB gave him a roster bonus?

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
I thought WIllie would stay, but RAC and the Browns wanted him more and threw more money at him...and I am sure BB did NOT think that would happen. QUOTE]

Ummm, if BB didn't think this might happen then he's the idiot some people in panic mode are saying he is. BB cut Willie to save money he couldn't afford to pay Big Willie (around $7mil for this year) and he didn't do it in a vacuum or with his head in the sand, but McGinest had to go whether there were potential big money suitors out there or not.

Quite frankly, I think that an offer was made for around 2-3mil per year restructure and Willie turned it down.

I have absolutely no facts to base that on. But I won't be surprised if it comes out sometime later that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference