PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Facing a Must Win Game Sunday Night in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Next week vs the Jets...MUST WIN

Every week is a must win, always has been, probably always will.

Jets looked totally dominating on defense today. They seem to have solved some of their issues with the run game and just dismantled the Bills quick pass stuff. Teams definitely seem to be going in different directions.

don't know about must win, but a win next week is huge for playoff implications

i still like the patriots chances next sunday against new york.

granted, they lost today against an undermanned giants team, but i thought the defense played better and if not for a few brady interceptions, this game may not have come down to the final seconds.

the jets are still inconsistent on offense, and although their defense did a great job against a good bills offense today, i think the patriots can still pose matchup problems for them.

After watching the Jets today shut down the bills i say we have no chance going into NY next week..I hope iam wrong but we are not the better team..IMO

After watching the Jets today shut down the bills i say we have no chance going into NY next week..I hope iam wrong but we are not the better team..IMO

I am giving the pats a 35% at winning on sunday

Go overboard much? Seriously, the Pats pretty much totally shutdown the Giants' offense for the first 50 minutes of the game. Yes, they fell apart at the end of the game, but they took a big step forward today.

You mean the same Giants team that was without their top WR, their top RB, and were missing their starting C? :rolleyes:

No, I mean the Rats team that just played the Pats and got throttled and kicked back to the Jersey Swamp...how convenient that you'd forget your precious little green weenies had their ***es handed to them by a flawed Patriots team.

Go overboard much? Seriously, the Pats pretty much totally shutdown the Giants' offense for the first 50 minutes of the game. Yes, they fell apart at the end of the game, but they took a big step forward today.

Sorry, the Giants were missing their starting running back, ,their best receiver and of course their starting center who has had a terffic season. The defense didn't shut down the giants when the game was on the line--that's all that counts.

Cmon, losing these players slowed down their offense a bit, but didn't stop it. They still had Manning, Manninham, Cruz, and Ballard (who leads all TEs in TD receptions). If the Pats only slowed down the Giants' offense, then you had a point. But the Pats stifled their defense when people expected it to be a shootout.

Sorry--Cruz is not a great receiver--not half the slot receiver that Welker is. Manningham is just average. Lets be honest, this was an incredibly undermanned Giants team and they still stuffed it down our throats when it counted.

This game was always going to be a tough one as the Jets match up well with us. The win at Foxboro was tight game, and for the first time in a while we won ugly when it mattered.

I know people will say you make your own luck etc but this Jets team seems to keep avoiding long term injuries to its key players when other teams are losing key starters.

Time for this team to step up a level and win a tough game on the road in adversity...What happened against the Giants is gone and the team needs to focus on Sunday and a game plan to counter the Jets defensive schemes. The idea they can be run on at ease didn't seem to work for Jackson and the Bills yesterday so I think we have to get creative and execute much better.

Well if Pitt wins tonight..they are in good position for a 1st round bye the rest of the way unless injury hits

Next week is a must win...if they lose next week vs the jets....not sure they can make it as division winners

Sickens me to see that next weeks game is for 1st in the division...and sadly i don't even see the pats winning next week

D blows...O blows

You don't see them winning? D and O blow? You were just saying how great they are about a week ago..but a few regular season losses your jumping off the bandwagon? I think even most Patriot fans can agree your a pretty pathetic fan.

You don't see them winning? D and O blow? You were just saying how great they are about a week ago..but a few regular season losses your jumping off the bandwagon? I think even most Patriot fans can agree your a pretty pathetic fan.

No one asked you and i could care less what you think

No i don't think they will win. They don't have the talent on D nor a deep threat

Last edited:

No one asked you and i could care less what you think

2 weeks ago you wouldn't shut up about how the Jets suck, now NE has no chance of winning Sunday? Interesting ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back