PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Facing a Must Win Game Sunday Night in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Next week vs the Jets...MUST WIN

True, but I am looking at players like Brady whenI say rich, clearly far and away better than anyone on the 08 Lions team. I don't think being around in the 60s would change my expectations. I went through the entire post Larry Bird Celtics run with some pathetic teams, I still had high expectations in 07, hell the year they went on a run as an average team I was pissed at the loss despite being born into the game after their great run.

I don't think pointing out another teams lesser fortune makes it unreasonable to expect a lot from NE.

How can any real man root for a known rapist like Mark Sanchez ...?

USC QB Sanchez arrested for alleged sexual assault - College football- NBC Sports

Why No One Remembers The Mark Sanchez Rape Case

the Green Hypocrites bray like a herd of tarded jacka$$es about Rothlisberger...meanwhile, serial Rapistchez is in and out of the news claiming "I didn't know she was only 17...honest!!"
Fast forward to 45 seconds:

Monty Python - Ken Shabby - YouTube

If the pats hold the jets under 100 yards rushing..they will win

But if the Jets get the big gains aka 6-7 yards per first down ect..not confident

Green is an average RB..their whole O is average. Just sucks that the pats D is all horrible

Can you imagine if we had a defense like the Ravens with our offense we would have 7 superbowls...

yeah, it would be cool to have 30 million more in cap space than the rest of the NFL.

Kinda tough to build a dominant defense with a 20 million dollar man on offense.

The Pats have got to play better this wk. The Giants game should have been a win. Fumbles, dropped passes, stupid calls by officials. Just dumb plays. Too many on all sides. A fluke. It's gonna be a W this wk. We are due. There isnt a huge amount of talent, but enough!!! F the Jets. It's time to back to team :beatingcoming:

Don't get road rash on your ass jumping off the badwagon. This fan base is pathetic if they can't be optimistic going into the second half of the season. We knew this team wasn't perfect and at some point would have to face some adversity. Hopefully they're not bunch of whiny b!tches like the posters on this board. Bill will have them ready to play and Brady will come out guns blazing. Bank on it...

Don't get road rash on your ass jumping off the badwagon. This fan base is pathetic if they can't be optimistic going into the second half of the season. We knew this team wasn't perfect and at some point would have to face some adversity. Hopefully they're not bunch of whiny b!tches like the posters on this board. Bill will have them ready to play and Brady will come out guns blazing. Bank on it...
This should be a great game. But, this is not a must win game. No more or less than any other game is must win. We ran on the Jets mostly in their sub D last time we played. I am interested in seeing whether the Jets will play less sub this time around and if so are we willing to stick to the ground attack.

Here, here:rocker::rocker:

The Jets Team is much improved since we last met on Defense and especially on Offense. On Defense they have two Shut down CB's ■Antonio Cromartie is having an amazing year. The Jets have the Best coverage tandem in the league. You can do alot on Defense when you have two Elite CB's. Brady will be trowing to his TE's and RB's alot Sunday Night.

Last edited:

Yes this team is not perfect but I am hopefully seeing this team come alive this weekend and crush the jets.

GO PATS

I just saw that the all-time Pats vs Jets record is currently 52-52-1 (including playoffs)

pretty cool

I just saw that the all-time Pats vs Jets record is currently 52-52-1 (including playoffs)

pretty cool

It has certainly established itself as quite a matchup year after year on a consistent basis.

It doesn't get much better than this...

It has certainly established itself as quite a matchup year after year on a consistent basis.

It doesn't get much better than this...

^^^ only if the pats win

That crowd is going to be rocking...hopefully a lot of pats fans will show up..i did last year..not this year...can't stand those baboons and how childish they act

That crowd is going to be rocking...hopefully a lot of pats fans will show up..i did last year..not this year...can't stand those baboons and how childish they act

Just went through it in Pittsburgh. Those people are a trip too...it sucked.

It is a must win, especially with the two teams gong in opposite directions. We need a no turnover game from Brady and better play calling from O'Brien and BB, otherwise it's going to be a frustrating nite in NJ.

It is a must win, especially with the two teams gong in opposite directions. We need a no turnover game from Brady and better play calling from O'Brien and BB, otherwise it's going to be a frustrating nite in NJ.

Why is it a "must win"? It's totally possible that the Pats lose this one, and then even one more between KC and Philly, and then reel off 5 in a row against a soft schedule the rest of the way (the only over .500 team left would be Buffalo at the end of the year, but they play that one in Gillette). That would put them at 11-5 and almost certainly in the playoffs.

Is this week's game an important one? Obviously. Is it a must-win? Absolutely, without question, no, and no serious argument can be made that it is.

Why is it a "must win"? It's totally possible that the Pats lose this one, and then even one more between KC and Philly, and then reel off 5 in a row against a soft schedule the rest of the way (the only over .500 team left would be Buffalo at the end of the year, but they play that one in Gillette). That would put them at 11-5 and almost certainly in the playoffs.

Is this week's game an important one? Obviously. Is it a must-win? Absolutely, without question, no, and no serious argument can be made that it is.

Is it possible? Yes. I don't think it's very likely. Another loss this week and I think this team is in serious trouble.

Is it possible? Yes. I don't think it's very likely. Another loss this week and I think this team is in serious trouble.

You don't think it's very likely that the Pats would win 5 in a row against this schedule:

vs Ind (currently the only winless team in the league)
at Was (losers of 4 in a row and starting an awful QB)
at Den (I know NE doesn't traditionally play well there, but that's a game they should win handily)
vs Mia (ranked #2 in the Suck for Luck race; this game will be a cold-weather game in Foxboro for the Dolphins...and they never win those)
vs Buf (ok, a decent team, but they've lost 3 of their last 5, and with games at Dal, at NYJ, vs Ten, and at SD still to go before facing NE, there's a good chance they could essentially be out of it by the time they play NE)

I find it hard to believe someone who has been following the Pats for a while (as I'm sure you have) would have such a low opinion of this team which, though it does have flaws, is still in 1st place and has lost just 3 times to 3 good teams.....such a low opinion that you think it's very unlikely that they could sweep those 5 games against *that* schedule?? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye