PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Day Two Draft thread (Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people here are overating Cunningham. Most of us never heard of him. And is this the pass rusher we need?

Another thread says Jason LaCanfora is reporting the Pats had Griffen on the phone and decided not to draft him. My guess is a 2011 second rounder appealed to the Pats more than Griffen.

Chris Price re-tweeted La Canforna's tweet proclaiming that the Pats would be taking Griffen with one of the two picks..

The only way I see this playing out is that Price was their pick at 89 and Griffen at 90 and the Pats chose the 2nd rounder instead, forcing Price to the 90 pick and Griffen back onto the draft board.

They'redefinitely in a position to draft Griffen tomorrow if they want him. They definitely have expendable picks to move up in the 4th...

honestly id prefer Wootton

Chris Price re-tweeted La Canforna's tweet proclaiming that the Pats would be taking Griffen with one of the two picks..

The only way I see this playing out is that Price was their pick at 89 and Griffen at 90 and the Pats chose the 2nd rounder instead, forcing Price to the 90 pick and Griffen back onto the draft board.

That is my thinking too. If that is the case, there is still a chance the Pats trade up tomorrow to draft him.

Schefter just praised the Pats for the 4 picks and getting the 2 next year from Carolina.. (don't know how he got 4 picks)

A good day, all in all..

Cunningham (OLB), Spikes (ILB), Price (WR)

Price is said to have the speed to stretch the field.. Could push Tate opposite Moss..

Imagine if Tate and Welker are both healthy and they have price.. Brady will have a ton of weapons..

And Gronkowski

So 3-4 DE.

Besides Suh and Ordnick and Alualu did any get drafted yet?

We could pick from Bones Jones brother and Wooten? anybody else (#15 in the fourth).

"It is what it is".
For the record, I'm picking the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl next year.

Good for you... Does that mean we won't have to hear from you until then?

That is my thinking too. If that is the case, there is still a chance the Pats trade up tomorrow to draft him.

Agreed, I dunno how many more rookies can realistically make the roster- from here on out I'd be totally fine with seeing the Pats trade up to grab the last guy that they really want. if that's Griffen, then cool.

Really wish the Patriots would have been able to get Eric Decker in round 3. His foot injury had him on the board way later than he should have been. I knew he wouldn't get passed Denver.

Pretty good day for the Patriots, but could have been excellent just missing out on Linval Joseph and Eric Decker.

I guess we are going to go with the tap dancer and the two old men (&Faulk) as our key RB,s again next year...seems like BB is content with going that route at present...a lot of talk about marshawn lynch on the block now that they drafted spiller.....not sure if maroney can stay healthy for a full season anyways..

I was going to post this in here.

This draft is so deep it's nuts. Is it I have no life or are other people pumped seeing the 4th rounder (15th) tomorrow. :D

Sooo many good players.

Schefter retweet:

RT @LisaHorne: Can you say Monopoly? Bill gets Park Place, Broadway and 4 railroads with 2 No. 1s and 2 No. 2's in 2011 draft. #nfldraft.

Corey Wootton must be more seriously injured than we realize or have some sort of character flaw. Yikes. What a slide.

Are you completely dense? We get twice as many high picks as other teams. Belichick just turned moving five spots down in the first into a second round pick. We entered the draft with four picks in the first two rounds; we ended up STILL getting four picks in the first two rounds, plus a 2011 second, plus Taylor Price. Plus a move up six picks in the fourth.

I guess you'd rather have one pick in each round, since that's "normal."

This post nicely sums up the answer to people who are bashing BB's draft philosophy after today. I Fully admit I was feeling a liitle shakey after round one last night. I'm feeling much better now. Great day. :rocker:

Kiss that 229th pick goodbye tomorrow...I doubt that stays with the Patriots for long.

I still can't figure why BB took Price over Mardy, has any expert talked about him?

Corey Wootton must be more seriously injured than we realize or have some sort of character flaw. Yikes. What a slide.

Not that much of a slide.. He was a late 2nd-early 3rd pick.. And considering how far Colt McCoy fell, it's no big deal.. Hell, Everson Griffen has fallen farther than Wooton.

How would people feel about Dennis Pitta at #113?

Really wish the Patriots would have been able to get Eric Decker in round 3. His foot injury had him on the board way later than he should have been. I knew he wouldn't get passed Denver.

Pretty good day for the Patriots, but could have been excellent just missing out on Linval Joseph and Eric Decker.

I don't know how much need there was for Joseph, considering that we took Brace so early last year, and resigned Wilfork.

As far as Decker, I think he's more of a slot guy than a true downfield split end. It seems the analysts felt that way too, having compared him to Collie and Brandon Stokley. I think Taylor Price will fit our need better.

Whatever the reasons are, they must've felt like they didn't need these 2 guys.

Personally, I was hoping for Wootten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back