PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Day Two Draft thread (Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did wonder that, made a post about 5 pages ago,,
Seems to work for them,,

The Pats way is more frustrating and entertaining at the same time,,

Hope these picks work out.

That'd be a great pick.

Anyone notice the Colts never accumulate picks or trade? They just cut off the cords to their phones and pick the standard 1-7.

Rams should be getting offers for the first pick tomorrow when teams have a night to think about it...

a Wr and a high 2nd round pick next year...out of thin air...some "fans" here would complain about the sun shining on a summer day.

I will be rooting for Brandon Ghee! Tough luck waiting all that time.

After our 8-8 2010 season, we can reload stud DE and prob RB in 2011. Things are looking up. :bricks:

wow you are negative they got better and younger, play a slightly eaier scheduale yet are going to lose 3 more games?

takes all people i guess

interesting the Saints took Graham. They have Dave Thomas! (Don't they?)

I will be rooting for Brandon Ghee! Tough luck waiting all that time.

Yeah, he fell like a rock and I totally didn't even realize it because I wasn't focusing on DBs.

Tony Moeki to the Chiefs.. Nice pick for them..

Someone mentioned that watching the Chiefs is like watching the Pats.. And I have to agree.. I am kinda rooting for them.. Better than rooting for the Cowgirls.. that's for sure.

The Patriots started yesterday with 4 picks in the first 2 rounds...

They ended tonight with 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, 1 pick in the third round, 6 pick move up in the fourth round, 1 pick in the fifth round, and a 2011 second round pick. That's unreal...

Thats all for me guys!! What a night, and BB, I'm sorry for doubting your genius, please forgive me.....

interesting the Saints took Graham. They have Dave Thomas! (Don't they?)
They also have Shockey.

Gives them three nice TEs that they can put on the field at times to create mis-matches.

Everson Griffen must have really ticked off NFL coaches.

I don't care if he is a horrible character I'd take him at 119 if he's there and hope he plays mad and works.

Year after year we are so pumped for our draft picks. And, year after year the man gets to the pick and trades down, then he trades down more, and then he trades down more. It's bizarre! He can't say NO to anybody! He prefers to have lesser talent from which to choose. Really, this is STRANGE!

"Hey Bill, have I got a deal for you. I have another chance for you to trade down even lower in the talent pool. You in?"

"I'll show everybody about accumulating picks. I'm in."

And yet another one who completely misses the point. Last year the Patriots had four 2nd rounders and a 3rd rounder. That's five players picked in the top 80-100.

This year they ended up with five players in the top 90.

Next year they already have five picks in the top 80-100.

Over three years that means the Patriots will have picked 15 players selected in the top 80-100 of the draft.

Teams that stand pat only select 9 such players. That's an extra six players. That's how you build a quality roster with depth that can compete year after year.

You're criticizing BB and you should be counting your blessings that he's our coach. He's mastered the art of the draft. All of those picks won't turn out but nobody's do. But by obtaining those extra picks, he increases his chances of success. Plus he makes the draft a hell of a lot more interesting. Most teams have to wait 3o some picks between selections. We're on the clock about every 15 picks.

How can you complain about this?

Everson Griffen must have really ticked off NFL coaches.

I don't care if he is a horrible character I'd take him at 119 if he's there and hope he plays mad and works.

Another thread says Jason LaCanfora is reporting the Pats had Griffen on the phone and decided not to draft him. My guess is a 2011 second rounder appealed to the Pats more than Griffen.

The Patriots started yesterday with 4 picks in the first 2 rounds...

They ended tonight with 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, 1 pick in the third round, 6 pick move up in the fourth round, 1 pick in the fifth round, and a 2011 second round pick. That's unreal...
That is what I call amazing. I could see us being a team to trade up in the 4th with some of those 3rd day picks.

Has any expert talked about Taylor Price?

wow you are negative they got better and younger, play a slightly eaier scheduale yet are going to lose 3 more games?

takes all people i guess

"It is what it is".
For the record, I'm picking the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl next year.

Another thread says Jason LaCanfora is reporting the Pats had Griffen on the phone and decided not to draft him. My guess is a 2011 second rounder appealed to the Pats more than Griffen.

They'redefinitely in a position to draft Griffen tomorrow if they want him. They definitely have expendable picks to move up in the 4th...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back