PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Agree To Terms With RB Donald Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head scratch'er at the very least.

I'm still waiting for a 6ft-plus, 220lb-plus, bruising Running Back.

Could they be targeting, Derrick Henry in the draft? 6'3" - 235lb tank that also catches..

1 fumble in last 3 yrs.

Please? :rolleyes:

Head scratch'er at the very least.

I'm still waiting for a 6ft-plus, 220lb-plus, bruising Running Back.

Could they be targeting, Derrick Henry in the draft? 6'3" - 235lb tank that also catches..

1 fumble in last 3 yrs.

Please? :rolleyes:

I just said this in the Bennett thread.

I really hope we trade up for Henry. Add him to this mix and this offense will be better than 2007.

We're a power back and downfield threat wideout away from being a complete juggernaut on O.

I really hope we trade up for Henry. Add him to this mix and this offense will be better than 2007.

We're a power back and downfield threat wideout away from being a complete juggernaut on O.

Oops. Too many threads..

If Henry drops into 2nd round, it would be a huge steal....

Are we allowed to trade into the first round?

they could but they would be better off trading up to the top or the middle of the 2th were they can still get one of the top RB's WR's or DL

Yes. But, NFL will TAKE (steal) the best #1 seeding. We lost the 29th pick. If we traded up to the 28th pick, NFL takes the 28th pick, and Patriots get their 29th pick back.

So, unless we trade with Broncos, Arizona or Broncos, Patriots probably will not deal with this issue.
Best if Patriots trade the 2 #2picks for a #2 near the top, IF they are targeting someone that will be gone later.

Oops. Too many threads..

If Henry drops into 2nd round, it would be a huge steal....

LOL I know, can't keep track, way too much going on. Not that I'm complaining :D

I honestly wouldn't mind trading up for Henry if need be. I think he's going to be a stud.

"give us the money Lebowski..."

nihilists.jpg

this has to be a favor for someone

this guy sucks

and unlike all the other newcomers who suddenly become awesome when they come to the pats, this guy still sucks

you can make a list of the still FA RBs, close your eyes and pick one, and you will pick someone better

There are going to be plenty of quality RB's in this draft in day two and beyond that the Pats can grab without trading up for Henry. Watch some YouTube highlights of Jonathan Williams, Kenyan Drake (Henry's teammate at 'Bama who is a three down back), and C.J. Prosise. I like Henry as much as anyone, but I wouldn't want to see the team package together multiple picks to move up and get him when they still have needs at OL and DL, among others.

If I can keep my colors straight, Brown is actually a dramatically better athlete than White. Based on combine, same straight ahead speed but quickness and explosion are all well in favor of Brown. No hard in bringing him in to compete with White and see who wins.

I think we all agree that a new, bigger back needs to be brought in. Although it's not impossible that Bill liked what Lewis brought so much that he is fine going smaller at RB with more depth of that skillset. We'll see..

If I can keep my colors straight, Brown is actually a dramatically better athlete than White. Based on combine, same straight ahead speed but quickness and explosion are all well in favor of Brown. No hard in bringing him in to compete with White and see who wins.

I think we all agree that a new, bigger back needs to be brought in. Although it's not impossible that Bill liked what Lewis brought so much that he is fine going smaller at RB with more depth of that skillset. We'll see..
Yeah, but White is 5 years younger and is locked up for 2 more seasons. It'd be pretty hard to see Brown beating him out.

Yeah, but White is 5 years younger and is locked up for 2 more seasons. It'd be pretty hard to see Brown beating him out.
Depends how much he's slowed down since being drafted I guess. If he's the athlete he was when he was drafted (41.5" VJ compared to White's 32 and 10'5" BJ compared to White's 9'6" + better SS and 3 Cone times) they could have a good competition. White has done fairly well but not so well that there isn't room for competition at that spot.

Way too much angst for a bottom of the roster signing.

Yes. But, NFL will TAKE (steal) the best #1 seeding. We lost the 29th pick. If we traded up to the 28th pick, NFL takes the 28th pick, and Patriots get their 29th pick back.

So, unless we trade with Broncos, Arizona or Broncos, Patriots probably will not deal with this issue.
Best if Patriots trade the 2 #2picks for a #2 near the top, IF they are targeting someone that will be gone later.
Can't read this post and not become annoyed, what a total joke. It's upset my morning reading it, I'm off back to the Bennett thread to cheer myself back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back