PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Agree To Terms With RB Donald Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great signing. Donald Brown is a solid backup who can rush better than James White and can catch. I like this signing a lot

Depends how much he's slowed down since being drafted I guess. If he's the athlete he was when he was drafted (41.5" VJ compared to White's 32 and 10'5" BJ compared to White's 9'6" + better SS and 3 Cone times) they could have a good competition. White has done fairly well but not so well that there isn't room for competition at that spot.

White has shown outstanding receiving ability. Some acrobatic catches. But he is not a strong runner at all, not a dual threat.

White has shown outstanding receiving ability. Some acrobatic catches. But he is not a strong runner at all, not a dual threat.
I'm a little biased as I never liked the pick. Devonte Freeman went a pick or two before and I couldn't help but feel that the Patriots were going to take him and just took White as a reaction to that. Probably not how it went down but it just wasn't a strong pick. Thankfully White has been good in the passing game.

Donald Brown, last 2 years: 3.1 yards per carry, 8.1 yards per reception
James White, last 2 years: 3.0 yards per carry, 9.6 yards per reception

Not really that much of an improvement (if at all), but hey why not?

Donald Brown, last 2 years: 3.1 yards per carry, 8.1 yards per reception
James White, last 2 years: 3.0 yards per carry, 9.6 yards per reception

Not really that much of an improvement (if at all), but hey why not?
I'm not trying to talk the guy up, it's probably 50-50 that he even makes the team but Brown did average 3.9 YPC last year behind a bad OL that resulted in Gordon averaging 3.5 and Woodhead averaging 3.4. The non Brown RB averaged 3.47.

There are going to be plenty of quality RB's in this draft in day two and beyond that the Pats can grab without trading up for Henry. Watch some YouTube highlights of Jonathan Williams, Kenyan Drake (Henry's teammate at 'Bama who is a three down back), and C.J. Prosise. I like Henry as much as anyone, but I wouldn't want to see the team package together multiple picks to move up and get him when they still have needs at OL and DL, among others.

I've seen all those guys play, and while good, and I do like Prosise, they're not on the caliber of Elliott and Henry, in my mind anyway.

I certainly wouldn't mind trading up for a stud Heisman winning back. Haven't had one of those in the Brady/Belichick era.

I've seen all those guys play, and while good, and I do like Prosise, they're not on the caliber of Elliott and Henry, in my mind anyway.

I certainly wouldn't mind trading up for a stud Heisman winning back. Haven't had one of those in the Brady/Belichick era.

I hear OJ will be getting out soon.

I know he didn't win the Heisman, but that Dillon guy was pretty good.

I hear OJ will be getting out soon.

I know he didn't win the Heisman, but that Dillon guy was pretty good.

Not sure how I'm supposed to comment on the OJ thing, so I'm gonna leave that one alone....

As for Dillon, uh yeah, he had a few good years for the Pats, at the tail end of his career. Now what does that have anything to do with drafting a young potenial game changer in 2016?

So how much are you hypothetically giving up to go up and get Henry? Bear in mind, I don't think he slips into the second round.

So how much are you hypothetically giving up to go up and get Henry? Bear in mind, I don't think he slips into the second round.

I'm under the impression that he will slip into the early 2nd.

I'd be willing to give up one of our 2nds and a 4th for Henry. I think two 2nd is too much, but a 2nd + 4th I'd do.

I'd be willing to give up one of our 2nds and a 4th for Henry. I think two 2nd is too much, but a 2nd + 4th I'd do.
Henry is my binky. Reminds me of Eddie George.

Easily a 2nd and something.

Given our picks, we wouldn't be offering enough value. Let's say, for argument's sake, Henry falls to 42. That pick is worth 480 points. Our first pick in the 2nd round is worth 300. That means that, in order to have another team entertain it, the Pats would more than likely have to give up a 3rd as well. And that's just if Henry falls to 42. The value increases if he goes at the top of the 2nd. I, personally, wouldn't do it. I can see why people would. Just not me. Henry is a hell of a prospect but the Pats can still have some quality players at DL and OL available to them at 60 and 61 and there should be some good RB prospects available in the 3rd as well, if that's the direction they want to go.

Given our picks, we wouldn't be offering enough value. Let's say, for argument's sake, Henry falls to 42. That pick is worth 480 points. Our first pick in the 2nd round is worth 300. That means that, in order to have another team entertain it, the Pats would more than likely have to give up a 3rd as well. And that's just if Henry falls to 42. The value increases if he goes at the top of the 2nd. I, personally, wouldn't do it. I can see why people would. Just not me. Henry is a hell of a prospect but the Pats can still have some quality players at DL and OL available to them at 60 and 61 and there should be some good RB prospects available in the 3rd as well, if that's the direction they want to go.

Yeah don't get me wrong, if we went DL or OL and came away with Prosise, I wouldn't complain.

Henry is just my binkie. Really think he's a game changer, along with Elliott. I'm not getting my hopes though, I don't think we'll end up getting him anyways.

Yeah don't get me wrong, if we went DL or OL and came away with Prosise, I wouldn't complain.

Henry is just my binkie. Really think he's a game changer, along with Elliott. I'm not getting my hopes though, I don't think we'll end up getting him anyways.

It is absolutely beyond me why Ohio State didn't make Elliot their workhorse last year. With the loss of Devin Smith, you would think that they would consistently put it in the hands of their primary playmaker instead of having the QB tuck the ball and try to take off as much as they did with Jones and Barrett. Their only loss, and subsequent missing of the college playoff, was a direct result of that. Not that I care too much. I don't particularly care for Ohio State. Just something that was worth pointing out.

It is absolutely beyond me why Ohio State didn't make Elliot their workhorse last year. With the loss of Devin Smith, you would think that they would consistently put it in the hands of their primary playmaker instead of having the QB tuck the ball and try to take off as much as they did with Jones and Barrett. Their only loss, and subsequent missing of the college playoff, was a direct result of that. Not that I care too much. I don't particularly care for Ohio State. Just something that was worth pointing out.

Yeah I mean the guy was unstoppable and they went away from him and it cost them.

Even with that loss, I still thought Ohio State deserved to make the CFBPlayoffs over Oklahoma.

Yeah I mean the guy was unstoppable and they went away from him and it cost them.

Even with that loss, I still thought Ohio State deserved to make the CFBPlayoffs over Oklahoma.

I could make arguments for both teams, really. Ohio State struggled to beat some really average to below average teams last season. In the end, it's a primary example of why the CFB playoff field needs to be expanded.

In the end, it's a primary example of why the CFB playoff field needs to be expanded.

This comment is an excellent example of why going to the playoff system was a mistake in the first place.

This comment is an excellent example of why going to the playoff system was a mistake in the first place.

I prefer the college playoff. They just need to expand it to eight teams or more. That way you give some of the smaller schools (like how Boise used to be) that tend to get into the top ten a chance to get in there with some of the bigger schools from the SEC and ACC and let them actually play. Under the old system, those schools would frequently get ignored in the national championship picture because of the quality of their schedule. The college playoff is nice but it's too limited.

I prefer the college playoff. They just need to expand it to eight teams or more. That way you give some of the smaller schools (like how Boise used to be) that tend to get into the top ten a chance to get in there with some of the bigger schools from the SEC and ACC and let them actually play. Under the old system, those schools would frequently get ignored in the national championship picture because of the quality of their schedule. The college playoff is nice but it's too limited.

The college football playoff sucks, and by sucks, I mean it's bad enough that I no longer watch any college football, at all
Never ending expansion is a problem, not the solution, as we've seen with basketball

The college football playoff sucks, and by sucks, I mean it's bad enough that I no longer watch any college football, at all
Never ending expansion is a problem, not the solution, as we've seen with basketball

Who said anything about never ending expansion? I certainly didn't. I think eight teams would be prime and I could even see twelve. Outside of that, I wouldn't want any more teams. If you remember, I said the same thing when the NCAA adopted the CFB Playoff format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back