PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Out of Town Pats Fans Speak Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had very few issues in New Orleans with it. The only times I really was told anything was right before Superbowl 42 because of the Manning connection (they worship the freakin Mannings, which is understandable but annoying for a Pats fan) and right before the Monday Night game last year, but it was good natured ribbing. The worst part is not having other Pats fans to BS with and not being able to waltz into any sports store to get a Pats (or any other Boston team) shirt, but that's nothing compared to living around a bunch of obnoxious Steelers fans.

I moved to the suburbs of Philly twenty five years ago and have had to tolerate Eagles fans. The worst was before SB39 when I got dirty looks for wearing Pats jerseys.
I've written this before and my older son as in 6th grade and his school had "Eagles Pride Day" and everyone was supposed to wear Eagles jerseys for a picture. They had 600 McNabb and Westbrook jerseys and one Tom Brady one....Even the teachers were po'd but he's a diehard Pats fan.
Whenever they try to give me grief, I have one standard response,
"Where do they keep the Lombardi trophies at Lincoln Financial Field?"
It's not as bad as the transplanted New Yorkers and Cowboy fans and an Eagles-Giants game is as entertaining watching the fights in the stands as the game on the field.
PS I took my kids to two games in '07, week 16 against the Dolphins at Gillette and week 17 against the Giants in the Meadowlands. Even though we were clad in Pats jerseys in NJ, we had no problems because we minded our own business. There were other Pats fans and one in particular who was instigating and looking for a fight. He was slightly built and every time something would happen, he would run to his friends who were 6'2" for protection.
He came over to talk to us as fellow Pats fans and told us he got a great deal on a hotel room in the area and bragged how everybody else paid more. The rest of the conversation went something like this:
him " I got a great deal on the room"
me " which hotel?"
him- "Hotel X'
me " well, you know why, it was that serial killer incident there last year. They haven't been able to rent rooms, since then. Don't worry, they caught the guy. Or did they? Whatever"
and then we walked away as his face got real pale....I made it up but it was worth it to shut him up and to let Giants fans know that not all Pats fans behaved like that.

Last edited:
Wassup patsfans!!

My name should say it all but im west philly born and raised. I got into the pats when madden 2002 came out the year they won the SB. I remember because my best friend who loved picking the dolphins would hate the counter i would run with antoine smith :D

They were a wildcard team that year but I fell in love wtith the defense. Even with the journeyman CB's like Otis smith and guys i had never even heard of. The way they jus seemed to make the big stops, tedy's vigor and dedication to the game, willie Mac setting the edge I was hooked. I have received a ton of criticism living in eagles country especially during SB 39.

The best thing about being a pats fan living in philly two words: mitchell and ness I sport my pats SB 36 hat faithfully to work and plan on buying the vintage hoody to sport for the fall. I bought a 1960's throwback varsity jacket last year.

P.S I love this website!! I check this website atleast 5 times a day at work and i don't have an office job i'm actually at work right now lol

Last edited:
I told my wife about Homer, AK and she's been Googling it all night. She's ready to move. No joke.

It is trully a beautiful place with quite a few characters, but the winters are long and the summers can be cool and rainy. I sit at my kitchen table and look out over Kachemak Bay and the mountains and glaciers beyond. People come from all over the world to catch the halibut. There is not much in the way of jobs, but my schedule lets me live about wherever I want. PM me if you have any questions.

BTW my wife is from Nanning City. That was a typo.

Last edited:
Silicon Valley checking in. Been watching the Pats at sportsbars since 1994. Aside from the brief fallout of The Tuck Rule, locals couldn't care less who I root for. I wear a Pats watch which catches the eye of other New England transplants and leads to some good conversation.

Regards,
Chris

I grew up in New England, moved to Northern Kentucky (5 mins south of Cincy) for school. Little did I realize I was moving into "the jungle".

The one thing Bengals fans hate worse than the Steelers? Theeee Patriots. When people I know find out I'm a pats fan, I get **** talked, even if they are my friends. I mind my own business, I don't bring up the pats to people that don't like them. I don't talk about the bengals either. Even when I state I'm from NE and I grew up watching this team, it doesn't matter and holds no barring what so ever.

I went to NE vs Cincy in 07 when the Patriots smashed the Bengals 38-13 or whatever, me and my girl DECKED out in Pats gear, I got a MILLION dirty looks and comments all throughout the game, but once Brady starting ripping TD's they all shut up. After the game I had people inside bars looking out at me about to come outside and beat my ass it was hilarious, and I can't wait for week 1, what a great way to shut them up for the rest of the season!

I'd be back up near boston if it wasn't for my 'wife-to-be' but I can live with it, I will say tho I very much enjoy visiting home and being able to bs about the sox bruins and pats with pretty much anyone.

Thumbs up as true bengals fans leave!!
n50908474_31323400_9333.jpg

Uk here been watching the pats since about 00 been a fan since I was about 7 when playing on a football game and thought that they were England. However I sometimes check in from the middle of the north sea oil rig which is about as remote as it gets.

Checking in from Ravens and Steelers land. My office in Central PA has a pretty good mix of Steelers and Ravens fans, plus a few Eagles faithful. It is an eclectic bunch. I grew up in Baltimore and was a rabid Colts fan until that scum of the earth Irsay took the team to the Hoosiers. I moved to New England in '90 and instantly became a Pats fan. Been one ever since, despite moving to New Jersey and then back to Maryland. My family can't understand why I don't root for the Ravens, its my hometown team. My response, "I don't like the Colts because they were stolen from the city that loved them, and I get a bunch of "right ons" in response. And then I tell them I feel the same way about the Ravens, and I get a bunch of "BS about how they didn't do what Indy did". The conversation goes quickly downhill from there.

This is my main stop for Patriot's news. I have been a subscriber of Directv since I left New England, so I haven't missed a game since '96, but this site is my mainstay for everything else besides the games. Thanks to everyone running the site and for everyone that posts. It is appreciated. You all rock:rocker:

Last edited:
Checking in from residences in Toronto and Fort Erie in Ontario, Canada. That puts me direct in Bills country which, isn't too problematic these days as most Bills fans are embarrassed to argue their fandom against a dynasty team like the Pats.

Been a Pats fans since the early 70's after work took my Dad to the Canadian/US Maritime's setting up GM dealerships.

Denver area here. I grew up in RI as a fan of all the boston teams....elated for the rare occasion when I got to go to Sullivan stadium or Fenway (it was usually Brown stadium and McCoy Stadium respectively).

Spending 15 years in NY and the last 5 years in the Denver area has fortified my hatred for the Jets and Broncos.

I'm out of work now so I'll probably be posting more on this board than I have in recent years. This is a much better place anyway when you're logged in with the ignore list on...sadly.

I grew up in New England, moved to Northern Kentucky (5 mins south of Cincy) for school. Little did I realize I was moving into "the jungle".

The one thing Bengals fans hate worse than the Steelers? Theeee Patriots. When people I know find out I'm a pats fan, I get **** talked, even if they are my friends. I mind my own business, I don't bring up the pats to people that don't like them. I don't talk about the bengals either. Even when I state I'm from NE and I grew up watching this team, it doesn't matter and holds no barring what so ever.

I went to NE vs Cincy in 07 when the Patriots smashed the Bengals 38-13 or whatever, me and my girl DECKED out in Pats gear, I got a MILLION dirty looks and comments all throughout the game, but once Brady starting ripping TD's they all shut up. After the game I had people inside bars looking out at me about to come outside and beat my ass it was hilarious, and I can't wait for week 1, what a great way to shut them up for the rest of the season!

I'd be back up near boston if it wasn't for my 'wife-to-be' but I can live with it, I will say tho I very much enjoy visiting home and being able to bs about the sox bruins and pats with pretty much anyone.

Thumbs up as true bengals fans leave!!
n50908474_31323400_9333.jpg

I went to the preseason game in Cincy back in 05 and I couldnt believe how much they hate the Pats. Had at least 10 Bengals fans try to trash talk me.

Time for the continent to check in …surprised we havent hear from our ‘Italian Stallion’ (ItalianPatsFan) yet.

Denmark calling….

...Italy is replying and, sorry for delay. Great thread !

great post from you and more or less is similar to my one.

the beginning were only newspaper (and i was 'lucky' to live in Milan where it was not so difficult in the '80 to buy it) and now finally the paradise...

this week, for info, we have the possibility to see 8 NFL games (and 6 of them 'live' including Pats-Bengals)

the normality should be 6 NFL games-week (4 of them 'live')
the first 2 games, also the @ NYJ one will be 'live' (wow...)

amazing and incredible what happened in 30 years...nothing, then newspapers, then radio, then tv, then satellite, then internet...

i live, as you can imagine, in a 'soccer' country (like probably all Europe) and NFL is not so popular as i would like but there are some fans (good friends of mine are GB and SD fans)

but i love when the season start to pass my evening-nights looking the games also if i do not sleep so much during the season as the games are playied in late afternoon (1 pm games), late evening (4 pm games) and real dark night (sunday night and monday night) but i enjoy it.

i am a strong Pats Fan as you know - i really love our franchise since so many years

i was able to see 4 Nfl Games (2 in Us, Foxboro, and 2 in London) and 3 times the Patriots and i hope to come again soon to NE

the best experience was when i had the tailgate outside the Gillette Stadium: awesome !

i love this board - thks to it i continue to learn

Last edited:
I went to the preseason game in Cincy back in 05 and I couldnt believe how much they hate the Pats. Had at least 10 Bengals fans try to trash talk me.

They pretty much hate everything New England.

My roommate hates Boston, and has never been there... ignorant ****er.

They pretty much hate everything New England.

My roommate hates Boston, and has never been there... ignorant ****er.

Yeah it was just odd.. I mean Cincinnati? I don't know why they would have reason to dislike anything New England with the minor exception of Fisks HR in the 75 series getting shown so much that it would lead some to believe the Red Sox actually won that series.

EDIT: and damn that water tower that says "Florence y'all" in Florence KY. I went to Florence Italy and I couldn't stop laughing to myself about it.

Last edited:
I grew up in West Roxbury and then moved to the little town of Millis. I now live in Tampa after spending many years in DC. The Bucs don't have a lot going for them this year, the first game will probably be blacked out, so openly wearing Patriots attire isn't much of a problem. My two girls love wearing Patriots T shirts, maybe because the T shirts are pink or maybe because they love Tom Brady. I lurk on this site very often, I love all of the knowledgeable posters on this site. The more I learn from these posters the more I will post in the future. I get more information from this site than any sports page I can think of. I also love that NFL TV map site so I know if I can stay home on Sunday or if I need to meet my buddies at Beef O Brady's. I think I'm going to Beefs this Sunday unless they replace the blacked out game with the Pats. I remember sitting in my kitchen way back in the 70s listening to the Patriots on a transistor radio because they were blacked out. This team has come a long way!!!!

Greetings,

Living in no Pats fan land can be VERY annoying at times. I wear a lot of Patriot, Red Sox, and Celtic gear A LOT and hear a lot of ignorant remarks, especially since all three have won Championship's in recent year's. Interesting thing is these same people saw me wearing the gear when all three teams were bad. Especially when my father was a fan since the 70's, when he moved to Boston. I have been living away from Massachusetts since I was a small kid, but I still have a ton of family members still up there, whom I visit twice a year. I will get a lot of the bandwagon remarks and spygate accusations. I just take it all in stride, thought annoying I do not let it bother me.

Peace,
Celticboy04

Checking in from Atlanta. Born and raised in Providence, RI. I live in a cul de sac with some hardcore Steelers and Fins fans. You can imagine the arguments we have when we're watching the game.

Yeah it was just odd.. I mean Cincinnati? I don't know why they would have reason to dislike anything New England with the minor exception of Fisks HR in the 75 series getting shown so much that it would lead some to believe the Red Sox actually won that series.

EDIT: and damn that water tower that says "Florence y'all" in Florence KY. I went to Florence Italy and I couldn't stop laughing to myself about it.

I think I sense MUCH jealousy seeing as the Bengals have had many below average seasons of late, then there's me, getting angry because Brady miss threw a pass or moss missed a catch when I'm watching a game and the Pats are up 35pts, and the Bengals are usually under .500...

That's funny you've seen our little water tower! I have actually for the most part enjoyed my time living in Northern KY, its completely different from our counterpart across the river(cincy) except for the fans. I live about half a mile from that tower btw, haha ;)

My carreer has carreid me all over the USA, and even briefly back to New England where I had season tickets again for the Bear Superbowl years. Even introduced my Brit boss to real Football and he became a genuine fan of what he termed the "Impulse and Explosion" game of American football, vice the "Endurance and Graceful" game of soccer. After initially deriding it as always a stop and go game.

I bought one of the early "Big Dishes" and remember scanning the satellites,and each satellites chanels, to pick up Patriot feeds, if possible. I could never figure out why sometimes they split the audio feeds, or why the changed satellites in mid-game.

Now I have had DirectTV seemingly forever. Plus there are Pats Fan clubs springing up all over, since the Pats have had a winning decade.

Worcester and Chestnut Hills says Hi!

Currently living in the hell called Pittsburgh. As an army brat growing up and then joining the army myself, I've gotten used to moving alot and never staying anywhere for very long. The worst for Fandom was living in Bonn Germany between 78 and 83 then Bad Hersfeld from 83 to 85. The only NFL news at the time was from the Armed Forces Newspapers Stars and Stripes. Thankfully, I've had Sunday ticket for the past 13 years or so and haven't missed a game in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back