PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Current Linemen and The Need To Upgrade

Well done.

I won't deny it "Potential Multiple All-Pro to Pro Bowl interior offensive lineman based on age and athleticism traits" gets me excited.

Well done.

I won't deny it "Potential Multiple All-Pro to Pro Bowl interior offensive lineman based on age and athleticism traits" gets me excited.

Mason has everything BUT size. Unfortunately, it's hard for me to picture the 2015 Patriots going for an OL who's shorter than Ryan Wendell.

Mason has everything BUT size. Unfortunately, it's hard for me to picture the 2015 Patriots going for an OL who's shorter than Ryan Wendell.

One can always dream. He reminds me of Jon Cooper coming out and I loved him.

One who I haven't seen discussed a lot here is Jamon Brown from Louisville. He's a massive man-mountain like other the OLs they've been looking at, but unlike most of the MMMs he has some actual foot quickness and has played inside and outside, right and left. (He spent a year protecting Teddy Bridgewater's blindside.)

Any fans?

The churl Cannon is indeed an abomination at LG/LT. I still believe, however, that he could become
possibly a starting-caliber RG if given the repetitions during TC.
Fleming is also strictly a RG/RT prospect, which makes the re-signing of Cannon for all that precious
cap space especially bizarre.
Kline, Devey, Hauptmann & Barker simply do not beloing on this 53.
Wendell looked good at RT only because of the 4 aforementioned stiffs. Cannon or Fleming should be
the starter at RG in 2015.
Connolly is also not a long-term starting LG. If he re-signs, it should only be for one year at the vet
minimum+ with no guarantees. He'd make a nice backup interior OLman, like Wendell.
This OL is in desperate, desperate need of young, athletic, starting-caliber talent on the left side, which
is why Joel Bitonio SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE PICK AT #29 LAST YEAR.

Lmao

With Bill liking versatility, might want to keep an eye on Greg Mancz from Toledo. Good player at both guard and center that will be around late. A bit similar to Connolly.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back