Welcome to PatsFans.com

Other Patriots Forums

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Brownfan80, May 19, 2006.

1. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I check this site too often. I read all the threads and wait and wait for new ones, having nothing that interesting to post myself. What I'm looking for is more to read. What other Forums are worth a look? It's sad when I've memorized the top 15 posts by the end of the day here everyday.
  2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +704 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

Patriots newsgroup on USENET always had a high noise to signal ratio. It's worse these days. The Patriots Mailing list pales in comparison to this Forum. It's mainly the vestiges of a social club.
    Last edited: May 19, 2006
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Just use this one and start some new threads :) It's self fulfilling, the more active users, the more people visit which makes more active users, etc, etc.
  4. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You've got my words of wisdom to keep you happy. Why would you want to go anywhere else? :D Actually, on second thoughts, perhaps that's EXACTLY why you would want to go elsewhere. :(
  5. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I first came here in 2001 and was a frequent poster, then I switched to KFFL for a couple of years because I had trouble with the new format when Ian changed the site software, then I came back here when Ian fixed the problems. But I still think KFFL is pretty good too. There are some good posters there, and a lot the folks here post there too. (I personally tend to stick to one board or the other because they generally are discussing the same things, but sometimes I still go back there.)
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Good posters - run by asssholes. KFFL blows. And I got a chance to tell them, too, when I got an unsolicited email from them trying to get me to give them money. Ha ha ha.
    Last edited: May 19, 2006
  7. PromisedLand

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think the people who run the KFFL site are in it for the money. That's their prerogative, and while I wouldn't use the term you used, I have not found them to be particularly nice people. But the moderators of the Patriots message board are good folk: Bob's My Uncle and Scudbuster especially.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Last I heard, BMU hasn't posted there in a long time even though he's a moderator. I believe he's done with them, although he may have changed his mind. I wish those guys would all just come over here.
  9. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Whatever happened to Football? He banned me a few years ago when I objected to something he said. Haven't been back, haven't missed it. This site has spoiled me.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

He's still a moderator there, I believe. BMU is the one who cracks me up as he's officially a moderator but posts here instead. LOL.
  11. PromisedLand

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So they banned you, huh? :rofl:
  12. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Both football and Scudbuster (Indy Ken) are excellent mods over at KFFL. And the quality and caliber of many of the posters over there is very high. The problem for the mods at KFFL is that they no longer have no real moderating power, coupled with a bunch of admins who are fools. That's why I left that place as one of its long time mods.

I've asked to be removed so I have no idea why they continue to list me as one of their moderators.
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

I check out KFFL, Pats Planet every time I log on, however prefer this forum best as it is moderated well and tends to have more rational posts most of the time. Having been on this board for a while am amazed by the traffic, new posters and how some of the posts blow me away with intelligence.
  14. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 13 / -12

Patriots Planet has a number of message boards

Peoples Forum has an AFC football page with the Patriots, Jets, Miami, Buffalo, KC, Raiders, Denver and SanDiego represented...it's an "eat their young" site where you can post images and news articles without copyright fears...the mods are a near senile Jet fan and a Raider fan and most of the other fans see death and destruction for the Patriots with every move that's made, while the Patriot fans bludgeon them over their pin heads with the "three in five" Thor hammer.If you want to know every detail and read every single little snippet of info on the AFC teams, this is a good site. The Chiefs fans have an interesting perspective, the Dolphin fans are lockstep homers and the Jet fans not only attack everyone else, they feed upon themselves....which is pretty much hilarious....plus there are weekly postings of the latest Frank Moga III rants from Jets Insider, which are priceless.
  15. Murphys95

Murphys95 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree, very knowlegeable posters over at KFFL, I find I don't have to sift through as much gossip over there.
  16. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 22 / -12

#32 Jersey

eNEMa,NEMrod and NEMkompoop still post there.

Remember, you cant spell enema without NEM.
  17. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Just a word of warning if you ever go to KFFL don't believe a word that "Burntorangehorns" posts, he is a liar and scum to top it off. I used to think that patsfans had a troll problem but nothing how it is encouraged and even applauded there as long as you pay money.
  18. bishbash

bishbash Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

19. PromisedLand

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You're a great addition here, BMU. BTW, how does a "Crazy Canuck" happen to become a Patriots fan?

The reason I didn't mention Football along with you and Scud as the great mods on KFFL is that I just didn't recall him at the time I wrote that post. But now that I have been reminded I still wouldn't put him at your level because he had, IMO, a tendency toward arrogance and abuse of his power. He would get into disagreements with other posters and use his mod status to threaten them if they didn't shut up. That's abuse of power in my opinion.
  20. IndyKen

IndyKen Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good to see you around BMU - thanks for the kind words and I hope all is well with you these days. How's your music library by the way? Mine is growing by leaps and bounds - I'm working on trying to burn to CD as many songs from my "all time top 750" list as I can.

I'll contact KFFL and see if they can finally get your name off as a mod. Take care buddy...:)