PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Zach Thomas' post game comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahriman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Linebacker Zach Thomas
(On learning how to win tight ball games)
"That’s what New England is good at, and that is why they have been good for so long. They know how to win and we just have to figure it out. You can’t turn the ball over and you can’t give up big plays, and that is what we did. They outplayed us today, but I can see it coming together."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/10/dolphins_chatte.html

Compare that to T.J. Hooshmazilli last week and it's clear to see why dumbasses like T.J. will never win anything. Oh, he'll keep on thinking that we would "trade player for player with them", but i'd bet that he and his stat driven buddies won't win anything before the currently bottom feeding Dolphins do.

Ugh, I feel extra dirty. I've defended TO and the Dolphins in one night. Someone help me.

Funny enough my clipboard has that exact quote in it and I came here to post this exact thread.

Instead of mewling about who was the best team or really should have won or what it'll be like next time Zach Thomas was able to speak positively about his own team without detracting from the effort by the team that they lined up across from today. That's how it should be done.

You know, growing up in the 70's and 80's I actually hated the Dolphins. However, they have some quality guys down there. Both Zach Thomas and Taylor deserve better.

mosi said:
You know, growing up in the 70's and 80's I actually hated the Dolphins. However, they have some quality guys down there. Both Zach Thomas and Taylor deserve better.

Agreed. I think Taylor is one of the most respected, particularly by the Pats. Did you see the grin on Tom's face when Jason said something to him after the sack? I've always considered Taylor a good fit as a Pat!:)

I saw that quote and noticed the stark contrast to Hoosh's comments last week too. The Dolphins played much better against us than Cincy did.

I actually thought harrington had some good comments:

(On the two interceptions)
"They got me. Belichick is going to do that sometimes. He mixed it up on us and gave us a bunch of different looks. You have to chalk one up to the defense."

Last edited:
The Pats and Fins were beaming and smiling at each other after the game, led by Belichick himself. These are two teams that do not hate each other (leave it to the Dolphin trolls to take care of that for me!)

One thing that struck me was seeing BB embrace Channing Crowder. There was a lot of discussion about us drafting Crowder in 2005 and, when it didn't happen, people said that Belichick turned away from him because of character issues.

From what I saw (sorry! body-language alert! ;) ) I don't believe that. You can bet that Belichick spent time with him one-to-one before the draft -- he's obviously developing the Florida relationship.

I guess they just liked Mankins better (and we didn't have a second-round pick that year, did we?)

How about Johnathan Sullivan (or Pass, for that matter) for Wes Welker, straight up? :) *ducks*

Mike the Brit said:
From what I saw (sorry! body-language alert! ;) ) I don't believe that. You can bet that Belichick spent time with him one-to-one before the draft -- he's obviously developing the Florida relationship.

quote]

He's probably a fan of Miami Vice and prefers the winter/spring sunshine down there.

Mike the Brit said:
The Pats and Fins were beaming and smiling at each other after the game, led by Belichick himself. These are two teams that do not hate each other (leave it to the Dolphin trolls to take care of that for me!)

One thing that struck me was seeing BB embrace Channing Crowder. There was a lot of discussion about us drafting Crowder in 2005 and, when it didn't happen, people said that Belichick turned away from him because of character issues.

I guess they just liked Mankins better (and we didn't have a second-round pick that year, did we?)

NE did, but the Ravens came calling. And when the Ravens call on draft day, you damm well better pick up the phone because it is usually an offer that takes only about 10 seconds to accept. That includes the 3 seconds of "What? Is this a joke?" and 6 seconds of jubilation after you realize that they are serious.

They gave NE a 3rd rounder in the same draft, about 15-20 picks later than NE's second, a 6th in the same draft, and a third in the following draft.

For those who forget, In 2003 Baltimore also gave NE their second and next year's first for NE's then-current first. The take? Kyle Boller vs. Geno and Big Vince.

Last edited:
Oswlek said:
NE did, but the Ravens came calling. And when the Ravens call on draft day, you damm well better pick up the phone because it is usually an offer that takes only about 10 seconds to accept. That includes the 3 seconds of "What? Is this a joke?" and 6 seconds of jubilation after you realize that they are serious.

They gave NE a 3rd rounder in the same draft, about 15-20 picks later than NE's second, a 6th in the same draft, and a third in the following draft.

For those who forget, In 2003 Baltimore also gave NE their second and next year's first for NE's then-current first. The take? Kyle Boller vs. Geno and Big Vince.

I'd forgotten about that. I thought it went to Cincinnati for CD.

the Belichick-Crowder lovefest

Mike the Brit said:

mike, i saw tha post-game mutual "i love you, man" thing, and wondered. ithe BB/Crowder thing was interesting. looked to me like crowder was happy to see BB as well. they really must have hit it off at the combine.
but crowder might know BB from a buncha different places. NFL is really a small community of elite athletes, coaches, and trainers. only about 2,500 people. many players, and coaches know each other from as far back as HS. others may have had the same coaches.
many of these pats-fish players might happen to have played with/against one another in college. some veterans might know each other from the union. a few may work out at the same facilities off-season. some may know each other from high school. others may have friendships from honolulu, HS all-star games, college tryouts, and rookie tryouts.

many opposing players seem to really like brady.

it might just be a coincidence that those two set of players happen to know each other better than they know other nfl teams.

you'd have to look at both rosters, players' colleges, and ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News