PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tomlinson retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the words of the great Curly Bill "well, bye"

url

LdT has publicly said that he would rather be in the HOF than have won a SB. That kind of says it all. And not surprisingly, Tedy Bruschi prefers the rings.

Bruschi: I'd rather be a champion - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

This statement by Tomlinson really shows the true character of the man. Football is the ultimate team game. To rather be in the HOF than have your teams win a SB is the most selfish thing I have ever heard. What a totally pampered primadonna he is.

LdT has publicly said that he would rather be in the HOF than have won a SB. That kind of says it all. And not surprisingly, Tedy Bruschi prefers the rings.

Bruschi: I'd rather be a champion - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Statistically, I'd think getting HofF honors is rarer among players — a much smaller percentage get into Canton than get SB rings.

But still, I'd be shocked if fewer than 90% of NFL players would choose the ring first. And the other ten percent — well, they're whiners like Tomlinson; none for us thanks.

of course this would still be an active thread on a patriots forum.

WAAAAAAAAA LT cried once about the Patriots and called Belichick classless or something. Get over it.

WAAAAAAAAA LT cried once about the Patriots and called Belichick classless or something. Get over it.

thumbnail.aspx

nah im not a troll. ive actually posted serious discussion here but this thread put me to the edge.

its embarrassing to be so obsessed with some RB who called your favorite football coach a clown or something. who cares? get over it.

I can't imagine the sh!tstorm from the NY media and their fans if a player from a Boston-area team said that personal achievement was more important than team goals.

nah im not a troll. ive actually posted serious discussion here but this thread put me to the edge.

its embarrassing to be so obsessed with some RB who called your favorite football coach a clown or something. who cares? get over it.

Four Tomlinson threads in the past year, with 225 total posts so far.

New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

One about his knee injury after the Edelman tackle
One about his comments regarding the Jets locker room
One about his retirement
One about his comment regarding HOF v. Title

That's only an obsession to the clueless and those trying to troll.

Last edited:

Go on back to the sewers to post..we don't need that **** rubbing off on us

Jets Insider has a thread about Bruschi's response where a bunch of the posters are insulting Bruschi and defend Tomlinson:

Bruschi: Choice between SB ring and HOF, a "no-brainer" - Jets Insider.com Forums

JFaulkNYJ is just being a typical Jets troll on this one.

Ha Ha, I had to laugh at that thread. Aside from the fans of the team that hasn't won a championship since Eisenhower was alive and before Charley Manson went on his killing spree agreeing that championships were not important (imagine that!), somebody decided to bring up the tuck rule and imply it was some sort of nefarious conspiracy.

As soon as somebody enlightened him and everyone else that the Jets had been the beneficiary of the very same rule earlier in that same season, the thread suddenly died without a single additional comment.

As soon as somebody enlightened him and everyone else that the Jets had been the beneficiary of the very same rule earlier in that same season, the thread suddenly died without a single additional comment.

Jet Fan axiom # 2... all Jet fans are morons

which then directly relates back to axiom # 1..the Jets suck

This statement by Tomlinson really shows the true character of the man. Football is the ultimate team game. To rather be in the HOF than have your teams win a SB is the most selfish thing I have ever heard. What a totally pampered primadonna he is.

It's a tricky question... are we talking about championships while you were a regular contributor or warming the bench? I would probably take Troy Brown or Tedy Bruschi's career over LT, but not Damon Huard's.

It's a tricky question... are we talking about championships while you were a regular contributor or warming the bench? I would probably take Troy Brown or Tedy Bruschi's career over LT, but not Damon Huard's.

It's not really a tricky question since it was asked directly to Tomlinson, and only Tomlinson.

The career of any of those other players is irrelevant. Tomlinson's answer clearly implies that his personal stats were more important to him than winning.

i will state again..SO glad he never got a ring

Jets Insider has a thread about Bruschi's response where a bunch of the posters are insulting Bruschi and defend Tomlinson:

Bruschi: Choice between SB ring and HOF, a "no-brainer" - Jets Insider.com Forums

JFaulkNYJ is just being a typical Jets troll on this one.
Thanks to Jets supporters, I'm seriously starting to question Darwin's Theory of Evolution. I can't fathom the collective stupidity of everything Green Bean. Winning the Superbowl is the Holy Grail of the NFL. How anyone can put anything about that accomplishment is clearly, above my level of comprehension.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if most players would rather get into the HOF than be a bench-warmer on a SB-winning team. But for guys with HOF talent, who are the leaders and best players on their teams, winning has to be more important. If it's not, then how can the guy be a leader on his team?

Last edited:
It's not really a tricky question since it was asked directly to Tomlinson, and only Tomlinson.

The career of any of those other players is irrelevant. Tomlinson's answer clearly implies that his personal stats were more important to him than winning.

In retrospective fashion, I do see your point now. Knowing LT's capabilities in the league I think it's safe to say if one of his teams did win a ring he would have played a part, even in the lesser role he played with the Jets. Can't say I'm suprised at his views though he's one of the more delusional d-bags the league has seen.

at least the Patriots went down swinging right to the end....unlike LaWhinycryerton,sulking at the end of the bench, visor down , classiness invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes