PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tomlinson retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really? "Money can always be earned"..? So then, continuing my example where LdT made about $50 million more during his career than Troy Brown, how do you think Troy Brown could even dream of bridging even 25% of that gap?

Money can always be earned, so I guess a Super Bow ring is worth $50 million dollars! :rolleyes:
Yes, really. Once you've made an accomplishment, that can never be taken away from you (dismissing the obvious point of PED's in sport). Money comes and goes. I dare say the ability of an NFL player to feed their family even on the lower rung would be considerably better than say, the rest of the United States on average.

Your argument is flimsy at best.

Last edited:
That's an easy thing to say sitting here in some fan forum, but LdT made about $70 million during his career whereas Troy Brown made about $20 million (I did the best I could at finding the actual numbers but stuff from over 10 years ago can be tough to find). Of course, those figures say nothing about endorsements or other sources of income, so the actual earnings difference between those 2 players is even greater.

It's easy to talk about how Troy Brown's career is preferable to LdT's, but if any one of us was honestly, truly faced with the decision of $70 million with no rings versus $20 million with rings, I doubt terribly many of us would turn down the $70.

Even when you bring money into the equation, I stand by my original choice. $20 million or $70 million you are going to live a comfortable luxurious life if you are smart with your money.
$20 million or $70 million you are going to going to blow it all if you're stupid with your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back