PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Jets are horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
good road win.

If the Patriots win there next weekend that us on level terms.
Everyone should be up for the Phins road game.

Nothing has been decided yet. its week 3 for chrissake.

good road win.

Haven't you heard? The Jets already won the Superbowl. There is no point to play anymore. Time to get ready for the draft.

good road win.

yeah, in general I hate to say that a week 4 game is a big game, but I think next week's game comes close. a loss and a jets win in buffalo and we're not only behind both teams in the standings, but will have lost to both and will have two divisional losses to Miami's one and New York's none.

I have to admit Sanchez is playing far, far, far better than I thought he could. Good for the Jets because their run offense is nowhere near what they were last year. This team couldn't win this year without Sanchez stepping up and he has.

I have to admit Sanchez is playing far, far, far better than I thought he could. Good for the Jets because their run offense is nowhere near what they were last year. This team couldn't win this year without Sanchez stepping up and he has.

I watched Sanchez in two pre season games on NFLN and he was terrible. Looked like 9-7 would be tough for the JETS and achievable only because of the D. Every year as the regular season advances I kick myself and tell myself once more that pre-season games mean nothing, and yet every single NEXT summer I get totally caught up in the excitement of pre-season football. Groundhog Day.

I thought the Jets looked terrific last night. Sanchez outplayed Henne. Tomlinson (and I HATE him - more that almost any other player in the NFL) looks reborn. They will only get better with Revis back (instead of Wilson who is a rookie with the same kind of growing pains McCourty is having...well, worse than McCourty, actually). Thing is, will Revis' hammy be an issue all season? Maybe. I guess I have to say I hope so. Being honest. The Jets o-line is hot and cold. Like every team in the league, they may have issues with TE coverage. Otherwise, lets be real - they looked really, really good. The Jets defense is light years ahead of the Pats'. Don't kid yourselves. The offense looks much better than I thought it would and it will only get better when Holmes hits the field. As of Monday, September 17, 2010 - the Jets are the team to beat in the AFC East.

The one thing that really, really bugged me about the game was something that had nothing to do with football - but everything to do with character.

I have several friends who are Jets fans. Yes, I know....crazy :) Anyway, so many of them think BB is a huge d*ck. I recall the carnage of 2007....running up the score...blah, blah, blah. These Jets fans freinds of mine were livid about it. Saying the BB was just showing his true a@@hole colors. Lets face it. 2007 was the Eff you NFL and your spygate crap tour by your Pats. Personally, I loved it. Appealed to my spiteful side. So, last night we had Rex at work. The whole name a team captain - last night it was Jason Taylor - so I can look bad a@@. Then he drowns the guy in gatorade post game because he wants to stick it to the Miami fans. I mean, doesn't that make him a huge a@@hole too? Thing is, my "friends" will defend this behavior saying it's "tough." Call it what it is. It's spiteful, immature and a little less than classy. And yes, you can say the very same things about some of BB's behavior. You can't have it both ways, Jets fans. If BB is a d-bag....well, RR is too.

Last edited:
Jets still waiting on Calvin Pace and Santonio Holmes. Plus they played without Revis last night.

That team clearly has the talents, and they showed the past two games that they can play well together. But sooner or later, they'll lose a couple of games, the media will be back on them, and we'll see how the team reacts.

Lt and Sanchez cant play in the cold! FACT.

I'd say that their knack for penalties will kill them eventually (that is on the coaching - you breed that kind of atmosphere - you have discipline issues) - but I'm starting to think they have enough talent to over-come the bone-headed penalties.

Last edited:
Yup they're horrible alright.

Sanchez stinks
Tomlinson and Jason Taylor are washed up
Cromartie stinks
Braylon Edwards can't catch

They are without Revis, Pace and Santonio Holmes and have still beat the pats and Fins.

That team is legit and will only get better.

Lt and Sanchez cant play in the cold! FACT.[/QUOTE

Hey remember this past January how Sanchez played. MMMM He did play well. So much for you false facts. I see a lost this Sunday with the Phins.. 2-2 record...........:p The phins are mad and will take it out on the pats.

I know it is freezing cold in a dome and in San Deigo in January. You do realize the only games in January Sanchez played outside in weather colder than 60 degrees was against the Bengals? One of the games, the Bengals had about four defensive starters out.

Sanchez stinks
Cromartie stinks

They are without Revis, Pace and Santonio Holmes and have still beat the pats and Fins.

hahahaha very true. :D

Sanchez stinks
Cromartie stinks

Actually, I have seen little evidence that Cromartie is anything more than an average CB. Brandon Marshall owned him last night. In his first two games this season, Marshall had 12 catches for 59 yards and no TDs. Last night against mostly Cromartie, he had 10 catches for 166 yards and 1 TD. Yes, Cromartie did have a great INT vs. Baltimore, and a good second half vs. Moss; but he has been burnt quite a bit this season so far and has been as much a liability for the Jets as an asset. He is exactly what I expected him to be - a boom or bust player who will give up as many or more big plays as he makes.

Sanchez has surprised me. The last two games have been great for him.

Tomlinson has been better than expected, but not as good as his hype. He is an above average back this year so far, not elite. Good thing because Shonn Greene has been a disapointment. Edwards still drops balls.

Last edited:
I know it is freezing cold in a dome and in San Deigo in January. You do realize the only games in January Sanchez played outside in weather colder than 60 degrees was against the Bengals? One of the games, the Bengals had about four defensive starters out.

Here comes the hate wagon...

First the Jets couldnt win without Faneca, then they couldn't win without Jones, LT is clearly dead and washed up, Taylor will be a non factor, oh and Sanchez is garbage so their offense will be terrible.

So now the Jets won't win because they can't play in the cold. :rolleyes:

Please keep it coming only makes this thread that much more entertaining.

Actually, I have seen little evidence that Cromartie is anything more than an average CB. Brandon Marshall owned him last night. In his first two games this season, Marshall had 12 catches for 59 yards and no TDs. Last night against mostly Cromartie, he had 10 catches for 166 yards and 1 TD. Yes, Cromartie did have a great INT vs. Baltimore, and a good second half vs. Moss; but he has been burnt quite a bit this season so far and has been as much a liability for the Jets as an asset. He is exactly what I expected him to be - a boom or bust player who will give up as many or more big plays as he makes.

Tomlinson has been better than expected, but not as good as his hype. He is an above average back this year so far, not elite. Good thing because Shonn Greene has been a disapointment. Edwards still drops balls.

Edwards has 0 drops this year.

And Tomlinson has been better than expected. He came in to be the number 2 back, but has proven that he can still be a number 1.

Last edited:
Edwards has 0 drops this year.

Maybe I am wrong about that. Granted he hasn't been thrown to a lot. Sanchez seems to go to Keller more. Other than the Pats' game, he has catch three balls all season. Just assumed there were some drops with such a low total for a primary WR.

Pretty much right about the rest though.

Here comes the hate wagon...

First the Jets couldnt win without Faneca, then they couldn't win without Jones, LT is clearly dead and washed up, Taylor will be a non factor, oh and Sanchez is garbage so their offense will be terrible.

So now the Jets won't win because they can't play in the cold. :rolleyes:

Please keep it coming only makes this thread that much more entertaining.

I don't know if the Jets will or won't win in the cold, but playing indoors or in Southern California in January is proof that they will.

I think the loss Faneca and Jones did do exactly what most Pats fans said it would do to the Jets so far, it would make their running game worse. The Jets are 9th in rushing yards per game down from 1st last year (they rushed 172.2 YPG last year and 132.7 YPG this year). The passing game has been much better and that is even something a lot of Jets fans didn't expect from at least Sanchez.

Last edited:
I don't know if the Jets will or won't win in the cold, but playing indoors or in Southern California in January is proof that they will.

I think the loss Faneca and Jones did do exactly what most Pats fans said it would do to the Jets so far, it would make their running game worse. The Jets are 27th in rushing yards per game down from 1st last year. The passing game has been much better and that is even something a lot of Jets fans didn't expect from at least Sanchez.

Actually the Jets are 9th in the league in YPG and are currently 5th in the league in YPA with 4.9. Which is impressive considering the passing games Mark has had the past two games.

The Jets are still very good at running the ball despite what you wish to believe.

Yup Cromartie was just awful on Moss. He was brought in to be their #2 wr, not the #1. I guess I'd rather have Darius Butler as my #2.

When Revis gets back they'll be just fie back there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes