PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers or Donkeys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to this game. I wouldn't be surprised if Denver racks up 5+ sacks. It takes Big Ben about 3x longer than Brady or Manning to recognize a blitz, at which point he lumbers backwards and to the left and loses 15 yards.

Steelers defense will likely make a statement, since all the talk this year has been about the Broncos. I see a low scoring game until the third quarter, which seems to be the norm now, followed by both offenses running over gassed defenses.

Steelers haven't won in Denver since 1990, except for their playoff win in 2005.

I like Denver because I expect Roethlisberger to turn the ball over a few times. His interception % has always been ridiculously high for an "elite" QB.

Broncos. I just can't endear myself to Pittsburgh. That team just ****s me for some reason.. and it has nothing to do with the 6 Lombardi's either.

Really looking forward to this game. I wouldn't be surprised if Denver racks up 5+ sacks. It takes Big Ben about 3x longer than Brady or Manning to recognize a blitz, at which point he lumbers backwards and to the left and loses 15 yards.

Steelers defense will likely make a statement, since all the talk this year has been about the Broncos. I see a low scoring game until the third quarter, which seems to be the norm now, followed by both offenses running over gassed defenses.

Steelers haven't won in Denver since 1990, except for their playoff win in 2005.

I like Denver because I expect Roethlisberger to turn the ball over a few times. His interception % has always been ridiculously high for an "elite" QB.

I think the key is which Steeler's defense shows up. It will be hard for Denver to get points on the Steeler's D which showed up against Minnesota. On the other hand, I think Denver's OL can keep Harrison and Woodley in check.

I think Ryan Clark's absence may be key. He does a lot of things which allow Polamalu to freelance successfully.

I don't like either team BUT want the Squellers to lose. The Bronco's will lose a few more game.
This will be a good test to see IF the Donkies can beat a good team. I know,I know they beat us but Brady was not Brady in that game and they lucked out against the Bengals in week 1. The Chargers win yesterday puts pressure on them now. I can see 10-6 winning that division.

I agree... although it sucks pulling for the Squeelers

I don't like the team or their fans, but their defense is pretty ridiculous for Fantasy. I do have limits though, as I never start guys against the Pats. Dallas Clark is going to get the bench this week and I don't care how good he might do.

I just quit doing FF altogether. It's time consuming and messes with my enjoyment of football. I think I'll be rooting for Denver on this one, but I think that will be a first. I will know for sure once the ball is kicked off.

Too many possibilities and permutations in W/L to come up with a definitive answer here. I guess I'm rooting for the Donks because of Josh and I really don't like the Steelers as Team of the Decade, but I'm concerned it's maybe the wrong move for our seeding with Denvah wining the tiebreaker with us.

Sorta like going to the Doctor's where he says, "The bad news is you have testicular cancer. But the good news is it's curable. You wanna lose your left nut or your right?"

I want the Broncos.

Don't want the Steelers establshing themselves as an elite team once again and I still feel the Patriots will end up with a better record than the Broncos.

After reading all the arguments, I think I will take the easy way out: I'll just hope for an entertaining game, and be glad that there's a benefit to either outcome.

Last edited:
A tie would be nice...

After reading all the arguments, I think I will take the easy way out: I'll just hope for an entertaining game, and be glad that there's a benefit to either outcome.

Agreed, I'm just psyched that one of those two teams is certain to come out of the weekend with a loss. (Though a hard-fought, exhausting tie wouldn't be half bad!)

Logical choice is the Broncos, anything can happen, so to continue to increase our chance in the post season, all teams in second positions right now must be rooted against. I am not saying we can't do it, but I would love a situation where a 10-6 can get you into the post season. We need time to gel and we are getting there. If we get into the post season with Taylor, Morris, Elderman back we will be in good position.

If SD lost to the Giants...... I would root for Bronco's

now... I am not so sure

Philip Rivers..... you lucky SOB ----- Giants blew it by not going for it on 4th down they kicked a FG instead..... No balls:confused:

Logical choice is the Broncos, anything can happen, so to continue to increase our chance in the post season, all teams in second positions right now must be rooted against.

Reason to root against Denver: They are a half-game ahead of Patriots for playoff seed, plus own the tiebreaker.

So what it comes down to is that if the Pats really turn it up in the second half of the season and have a chance at a high seed, they're better off with the Steelers beating the 7-1 team. And if the Pats are inconsistent and find themselves fighting for the conference title, they're better off with another WC competitor notching the loss.

And since the future is unknowable, we just rejoice that one of the two teams goes home with a W.

Philip Rivers..... you lucky SOB ----- Giants blew it by not going for it on 4th down they kicked a FG instead..... No balls

I gotta agree with you there. Too many coaches play it safe at the end of a game and than LOSE.

You didn't quote me:mad:

You have to have Balls and go for it. Belichick would have done the right thing

Denver has a 2-game lead thanks to their victory over NE, so I want Pittsburgh to win. Although if Pittsburgh keeps up with only 2 losses, their out-of-conference loss to Chicago gives them the tiebreaker over NE for a higher seed.

Poop.

Regards,
Chris

I'd prefer Pittsburgh win to help us out with tiebreakers and such, but in the end I don't really care. I'm just hoping for a physical game. In the end, we control our own destiny.

I'd prefer Pittsburgh win to help us out with tiebreakers and such, but in the end I don't really care. I'm just hoping for a physical game. In the end, we control our own destiny.

Yes, we control our destiny, but I just feel this team just needs time to enter the post season and along the way there might be some bumps.
As it stands, the Dolphins best will be 11-5, the Jets are also a loss away from a possible 11-5 so our chances are very good. But there is nowt wrong in rooting against and hoping to increase your chances of playing football in January. I have a feeling the defense will carry this team in the post season, they just need time to figure out how to dial up pressure on the QB better. They are almost there.
Funny enough, I think they are rather built for a team like the Colts, I fear the Dolphins more than the Colts this season especially now with the injuries they are bring to our game.

Rooting for Denver. Pit can also win 12-13 games this year, and I believe they have a better conference record right now than the Pats who have 2 boneheaded AFC losses. Pitt is much more explosive offensively and will eat Dean Pees alive. I would rather have the Pats play@ DEN than home to PIT. Kyle Orton won't beat the Pats twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST