PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers or Donkeys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I'm curious who folks will be rooting for this evening.

Reason to root against Denver: They are a half-game ahead of Patriots for playoff seed, plus own the tiebreaker.

Reason to root against Pittsburgh: Steeler fans, 'nuff said.

I'm torn.

Reason to root against Denver: They are a half-game ahead of Patriots for playoff seed, plus own the tiebreaker.

I'm torn.

Go Josh!!!

Based on the idea that the Patriots will finish 12-4 and the Broncos 11-5, I'm rooting for the Broncos to beat the Steelers, then go 4-4 over their final 8.

I'm rooting for the Steelers because I have their defense on my Fantasy team and I need them to have a good game to pull out a win this week. A nice low scoring game with lots of turnovers would be awesome.

Based on the idea that the Patriots will finish 12-4 and the Broncos 11-5, I'm rooting for the Broncos to beat the Steelers, then go 4-4 over their final 8.

the donkies have a tougher schedule than the steelers....and i want to be ahed of both by the time the seaosn ends to have the higher seed

so....let the steelers lose this one, and the donkies hopefully will lose later on....

i htink

I think Denvers luck ran out last week.

Last edited:
I'm rooting for the Steelers because I have their defense on my Fantasy team and I need them to have a good game to pull out a win this week. A nice low scoring game with lots of turnovers would be awesome.

And this is why I'm glad I never got into Fantasy Football. I just can't stand the Steeler's fanbase, I feel they are worse then the Jets when it comes to being jerkoffs.

And this is why I'm glad I never got into Fantasy Football. I just can't stand the Steeler's fanbase, I feel they are worse then the Jets when it comes to being jerkoffs.

No doubt, their fans are the worst.

I don't like the team or their fans, but their defense is pretty ridiculous for Fantasy. I do have limits though, as I never start guys against the Pats. Dallas Clark is going to get the bench this week and I don't care how good he might do.

I hate the thought of wanting the Steelers to win but its what I want to happen.

Denver have the conference advantage over us so they need to lose a game more than us and there is only three that I can see them losing so I have to hope they lose this one.

They have what looks like a tough second half schedule but the Giants are woeful at the moment and the Chargers are not much better than them.

For me they lose at Indy and at Philly.

The Steelers have to play Cincy again and the Ravens twice so I can see them losing one of them games.

Last edited:

I'm torn.

I'm rooting for the Broncos, but I think the Steelers will win because of Denver's inability to do much on offense. I'd rather see McDaniels win and the Steelers lose, and I think Denver has enough tough games coming up that we should end up with a better record.

Right now, my preferred scenario for the season is something like the following:

1. Pats win out and go 14-2.
2. Indy loses to NE, and at least one of Baltimore/Houston/Denver, but recovers and goes somewhere between 12-4 and 14-2.
3. Cincinnati beats Pittsburgh next week to seize control of the AFC North and then beat up on Oakland, Cleveland , Detroit, and Kansas City. That gives them 11 wins. I hope they win 2/3 against Minnesota, San Diego and the Jets to finish 13-3.
4. The Broncos beat Pittsburgh but lose to the Giants and Philly and finish 12-4 or 13-3.
5. Pittsburgh loses its next 2 games to fall to 5-4, but recovers with wins against KC, Oakland, Cleveland, GB and Miami and splits with Baltimore to end up 11-5 with a wild card.
6. Houston wins out except for it's final game against NE (against Tennessee, Indy, Jacksonville, Seattle, St. Louis and Miami) to end up 11-5 with a wild card.

The Chargers, Ravens, and Jets are all left out of the playoffs. :p

It's nice to dream.

I'm going to root for a Steelers loss on this one. The Broncs are ahead of us now, but my belief (based on a vague recollection of both teams' remaining schedules without feeling like actually looking it up right now) is that the Steelers are more likely to win more of their games, which could end up giving them the advantage down the road. And is it ever bad to watch the Steelers lose? No, I don't think so! :D

Last edited:

I'm torn.

steelers. we don't want denver with the number 1 or 2 seed. we want them to lose as much as possible. even if the steelers win, they would still have to fight cincinnatti for the division and could end up a wild card.

Logic says since Denver owns the Tiebreaker among us we want them to lose

The Steelers may lose their division to Cincy so lets root for the Black and Gold (even though I hate them with passion)

I can't stand the Steelers. If you look at teams that, throughout NFL history, have always been on the fortunate side of a controversial call, it's them.

Josh McDaniels is the man. I wish him great success.

I can't stand the Steelers. If you look at teams that, throughout NFL history, have always been on the fortunate side of a controversial call, it's them.

Josh McDaniels is the man. I wish him great success.

I wish McDaniels success against every team in the NFL against us.

And Mile High or not, we can trounce the ponies anywhere if we actually execute and don't play so soft. I'm not afraid of them, though I respect them.

Remaining schedules, for those curious:

Steelers (~3 cake games)
Nov 15 CIN @ PIT
Nov 22 PIT @ KC
Nov 29 PIT @ BAL
Dec 06 OAK @ PIT
Dec 10 PIT @ CLE
Dec 20 GB @ PIT
Dec 27 BAL @ PIT
Jan 03 PIT @ MIA

Donks (~4 cake games)
Nov 15 DEN @ WAS
Nov 22 SD @ DEN
Nov 26 NYG @ DEN
Dec 06 DEN @ KC
Dec 13 DEN @ IND
Dec 20 OAK @ DEN
Dec 27 DEN @ PHI
Jan 03 KC @ DEN

I hate the thought of wanting the Steelers to win but its what I want to happen.

Denver have the conference advantage over us so they need to lose a game more than us and there is only three that I can see them losing so I have to hope they lose this one.

They have what looks like a tough second half schedule but the Giants are woeful at the moment and the Chargers are not much better than them.

For me they lose at Indy and at Philly.

The Steelers have to play Cincy again and the Ravens twice so I can see them losing one of them games.

I agree, and that's why I'm hoping the Steelers win.

QB12

Remaining schedules, for those curious:

Steelers (~3 cake games)
Nov 15 CIN @ PIT
Nov 22 PIT @ KC
Nov 29 PIT @ BAL
Dec 06 OAK @ PIT
Dec 10 PIT @ CLE
Dec 20 GB @ PIT
Dec 27 BAL @ PIT
Jan 03 PIT @ MIA

Donks (~4 cake games)
Nov 15 DEN @ WAS
Nov 22 SD @ DEN
Nov 26 NYG @ DEN
Dec 06 DEN @ KC
Dec 13 DEN @ IND
Dec 20 OAK @ DEN
Dec 27 DEN @ PHI
Jan 03 KC @ DEN

I wouldn't call Denver @ KC a cake game. Two divisional opponents that hate each other. Denver is better, but KC is a brutal place to play, even if the Chiefs are 1-7 right now. Denver has a tough schedule. They'll play San Diego and the Giants, both teams talented and desperate. Indy and Philly on the road... I would rather have the Pats schedule right now than Denver''s.

Logic says since Denver owns the Tiebreaker among us we want them to lose

The Steelers may lose their division to Cincy so lets root for the Black and Gold (even though I hate them with passion)

Steelers for me. At least Joey isn't there anymore. :)
(like your pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference