PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers or Donkeys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't beat Denver, Pittsburgh TROUNCES them.

Not a good omen.

Not a good omen.

Pats are playing much better since the Denver game. Its a long season.

With that said, however Pitt is playing some really good football.

Lets see how they do vs Cinci. Should be a very competitive game.

Not a good omen.

We beat Baltimore, Baltimore trounces Denver. We trounce Atlanta, Atlanta trounces Miami. We trounce Tennessee, Tennessee takes Pittsburgh to OT.

What does is all mean...nothing. It's a long season, and it's how strong you finish rather than how strong you start that ultimately decides where and how your journey ends. If a team is healthy and hitting on all cylinders come January it doesn't matter where they play. If they aren't, home field means nothing.

Rooting for Denver. Pit can also win 12-13 games this year, and I believe they have a better conference record right now than the Pats who have 2 boneheaded AFC losses. Pitt is much more explosive offensively and will eat Dean Pees alive. I would rather have the Pats play@ DEN than home to PIT. Kyle Orton won't beat the Pats twice.

People have such short memories. We do NOT want to play at Mile High in the playoffs. I wouldn't care if Matt Lienhart was their QB--the Broncos have owned the Pats and Brady this decade. Mile High is a black hole for Brady.

Pittsburgh? The exact opposite. Take away the Cassel aberration last year, and Pittsburgh has been our total b!tch. Whether a playoff game would be in NE or Pitt doesn't matter--Rothlesburger is a meathead who will always make at least one critical mistake, and Brady would carve their D up like a Christmas turkey.

I'd like to give a special "F" you to Pittsburgh for throwing the ball with Denver out of timeouts and 1:27 on the clock. The Steelers ran up the score and cost me what was an undefeated Fantasy Football season by getting Hines Ward a TD there.
That TD to Ward won me my FF game.

Regards,
Chris

Now THAT was a spear, but they won't call it even though Buckhalter probably has a concussion now.

Looked like an honest collision to me. Buckhalter wasn't in a defenseless position, he was moving and put his head down to meet the tackle head on and they hit each other.

Still...was a great win for the Steelers. Looking forward to facing off against the Bengals this weekend.

I'd like to give a special "F" you to Pittsburgh for throwing the ball with Denver out of timeouts and 1:27 on the clock. The Steelers ran up the score and cost me what was an undefeated Fantasy Football season by getting Hines Ward a TD there.

I think Pitt had some reason to score on that play. Look at how bunched up everything is in the AFC with so many teams at 6-2. Point differentials may come into play at some point if conference/division standings don't do the trick when the season is over.
Of course if a certain other NFL team had done the same thing in identical cicumstances, the headlines and message boards would be filled with comments about 'no class', 'running up the score', 'poor sportsmanship', etc.

There was a sequence of plays late in the 4th quarter that was interesting, in terms of rules and strategy. The Steelers let the play clock run down and then got a false start penalty. They were able to run off 47 seconds (how was that more than 45 seconds?) - and at the same time the play clock kept running. In other words, they were able to run the clock down and at the same time keep the ball out of Denver's hands.

Something for a team to consider doing purposely when they're up by more than one score with about four or five minutes left and they're in the area of the 35-50 yard line. Take two or three false start penalties and you can take an extra 1:30 - 2:15 off the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST