PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Roethlisberger not exactly a gentleman on the night of the incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Big Ben - Big punk

that's got to be a very sad thing to befriend those kids and watch them die.
I have to give you credit for doing something much tougher than most of us have to deal with --- how long have you been working with make a wish?

Nice post and thoughts, eom.

Not to add negativity to anything on any level, but I don't believe Mo claimed that he worked for 'make-a-wish' did he?

I didn't get that idea at all, especially from this sentence: (note bolded)

"When my little niece was battling cancer her make a wish was to meet the Backstreet Boys. Unfortunately Make a Wish told us they were the most selfish collection of pricks you would ever encounter and they refused to make any time available to the organization. "

At any rate, it doesn't matter, as all of our thoughts and prayers will continue to be for his niece. And a great example of Brady's class, as always.

Last edited:
There are times in life when one can be a really good guy or a jerk, but not much inbetween. They are particularly ones where you're uniquely able to help somebody out. I.e., Make-A-Wish is a shining example of that.

I understand that the Back Street Boys were probably targets for LOTS of Make A Wish fans, real and fake alike. Still, the fact that you couldn't connect w/ them on multiple tries is pretty awful. :( Perhaps, due to the volume of requests, they would have had to spend less time per Wish than, say, Tedy Bruschi did in the story. They surely still would have made your niece very happy.

NKOTB > Backstreet Boys

/endthread

Choose your own adventure: With Ben Roethlisberger

9:15 AM. Ben Roethlisberger wakes up under a pile of beer cans. Practice started at 8 but **** it. The Steelers defense comes in and carries him to the bathroom, where he runs the hot water to clean the deep nail scratches and dried blood he got all over his arms from the night before.

"Don't remember what happened...must have gone raccoon wrestling with my bros again. Hmm."

Ben begins to wonder where the fist full of blonde hair in his right hand came from, but shrugs it off and his the Steelers defensive line carry him down the stairs to the kitchen. He's about to leave the house and head to practice on his sweet motorcycle when he sees the mostly unused helmet he bought a couple years ago.

Should Ben:

A. Put on his helmet and head to practice.
B. Helmets are for girls. Just jump on the bike. Wheeeeee!
C. Pound 8 beers and bring the helmet so you have something to puke in.
D. Rape the helmet.

Last edited:
Choose your own adventure: With Ben Roethlisberger

9:15 AM. Ben Roethlisberger wakes up under a pile of beer cans. Practice started at 8 but **** it. The Steelers defense comes in and carries him to the bathroom, where he runs the hot water to clean the deep nail scratches and dried blood he got all over his arms from the night before.

"Don't remember what happened...must have gone raccoon wrestling with my bros again. Hmm."

Ben begins to wonder where the fist full of blonde hair in his right hand came from, but shrugs it off and his the Steelers defensive line carry him down the stairs to the kitchen. He's about to leave the house and head to practice on his sweet motorcycle when he sees the mostly unused helmet he bought a couple years ago.

Should Ben:

A. Put on his helmet and head to practice.
B. Helmets are for girls. Just jump on the bike. Wheeeeee!
C. Pound 8 beers and bring the helmet so you have something to puke in.
D. Rape the helmet.

That was a good laugh...2nd time this week i've been wiping off the pc because of a Big Ben spoof...

I don't understand why two out of three respondents to this thread have already discredited this woman. If you guys go to Steelers message boards or listen to talk shows, there is, and has been for a long time, lots of rumblings that the guy is a total jerk. I read one post about how BR stole the poster's girlfriend, hitting on her despite seeing she was already there with him. ESPN just played a clip the other day of another local guy who said BR constantly hits on his wife, saying inappropriate things (she is a waitress at a golf club), despite her telling him to stop. And then, there is another alleged rape in Colorado.

Am I saying he is guilty? No, I didn't say that. But given ALL of these accounts, I don't see why people are quick to discredit this woman as a "bottom-feeder" or "not credible." The bottom line is, Ben's own defense team has tried to make it public that he was acting completely normal and in-line that night. Now someone steps up and talks about an incident that indicates he was "aggressive" and clearly disrespectful to her (calling her a name.) All I know is, when there's this much smoke, there's fire.

Unfortunately this has always been the case with many sports fans, apparently even some of my fellow pats fans. If a player gets arrested for murder, people have no problems with believing he is guilty. If a player gets arrested for killing some dogs, people have no problems believing his guilty. If a player gets arrested for a DUI, people have no problems with believing he is guilty. If a woman accuses a player of rape, "Oh no, that can't be true!! She's a liar!!!"

This has been the case with every single incident I've seen involving a professional athlete and even some college athletes. People don't even need to know the facts of the case, they just immediately start saying she's a liar. Basically, a cop has to actually catch a player in the middle of a sexual assault before people would believe it. And even then some of them may think the cop is just corrupt.

I'm just thankful they haven't released her name yet. I'm sure people would be calling her house and leaving deaththreats like they usually do. Such as in the Kobe Bryant case. Oh and the funny thing about that case is that everyone questioned the character of the person who accused him but no one seemed to question Kobe's character after he first claimed that he never even had sex with the woman and then later changed his story and said that he had sex with her. That should send up some red flags about him but it didn't.

Sure, this may be more of an issue with society as a whole than just pro sports but I don't even want to get into that.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this has always been the case with many sports fans, apparently even some of my fellow pats fans. If a player gets arrested for murder, people have no problems with believing he is guilty. If a player gets arrested for killing some dogs, people have no problems believing his guilty. If a player gets arrested for a DUI, people have no problems with believing he is guilty. If a woman accuses a player of rape, "Oh no, that can't be true!! She's a liar!!!"

This has been the case with every single incident I've seen involving a professional athlete and even some college athletes. People don't even need to know the facts of the case, they just immediately start saying she's a liar. Basically, a cop has to actually catch a player in the middle of a sexual assault before people would believe it. And even then some of them may think the cop is just corrupt.

I'm just thankful they haven't released her name yet. I'm sure people would be calling her house and leaving deaththreats like they usually do. Such as in the Kobe Bryant case. Oh and the funny thing about that case is that everyone questioned the character of the person who accused him but no one seemed to question Kobe's character after he first claimed that he never even had sex with the woman and then later changed his story and said that he had sex with her. That should send up some red flags about him but it didn't.

Sure, this may be more of an issue with society as a whole than just pro sports but I don't even want to get into that.

I usually have a problem with it when the woman waits a few years to tell the story. That's when I find it highly unlikely. In Kobe's case, the girl had like umpteen different semens, season two of M*A*S*H, and a tennis racket in her vagina. One can see where there would be cause for suspicion.

Last edited:

Once again, I'd point out that nobody in this entire thread, that I know of, has outright said that they don't believe that Ben did it. We just didn't get why TMZ reporting that he was hitting on someone else mattered in the larger scheme of things.

"wait wait wait- NFL Quarterback was hitting on woman A??? Then he MUST have raped woman B!!"

I do think that he did it, but not because of the pointless and irresponsible 'journalism' that the OP linked to.

Last edited:
I usually have a problem with it when the woman waits a few years to tell the story. That's when I find it highly unlikely. In Kobe's case, the girl had like umpteen different semens, season two of M*A*S*H, and a tennis racket in her vagina. One can see where there would be cause for suspicion.

So does that automatically mean she is lying? And what about Kobe's blatant lies that the entire public witnessed? Doesn't that make you question him as well?

So does that automatically mean she is lying? And what about Kobe's blatant lies that the entire public witnessed? Doesn't that make you question him as well?

No, it doesn't automatically make her a liar at all. There could very well be truth there. But, with that information, you can see how easy it is to question her motives. Kobe's attorneys all but had a slam dunk with that one as did the media, and for good reason.

No, it doesn't automatically make her a liar. It automatically makes most of us skeptical of her motives, though.

My guess would be TMZ was trying to show how he treats people. Over-agressiveness and a lack of respect for others is something you have to watch out for in people. Its never a good sign.

My guess would be TMZ was trying to show how he treats people. Over-agressiveness and a lack of respect for others is something you have to watch out for in people. Its never a good sign.

He's a professional football player. It kinda goes without saying that he's aggressive. And he's an a**hole, too. And he's probably a rapist, given the evidence that's come out in the last couple of weeks. But to say that because he's a jerk he's probably a rapist is just lazy and irresponsible. By that same standard, you could pretty much conclude that all NFL players are a short step away from becoming murderers.

Last edited:
Once again, I'd point out that nobody in this entire thread, that I know of, has outright said that they don't believe that Ben did it. We just didn't get why TMZ reporting that he was hitting on someone else mattered in the larger scheme of things.

"wait wait wait- NFL Quarterback was hitting on woman A??? Then he MUST have raped woman B!!"

I do think that he did it, but not because of the pointless and irresponsible 'journalism' that the OP linked to.

He treats women like crap. I know for a fact he treats women like crap. And that's why a lot of people are speaking out. It doesn't mean he raped her, but I can tell you that he treats women like crap, and a guy that has little respect for women is more likely to sexually assault someone than a guy who has respect for women. That doesn't mean all mean who have problems with women are rapists or that even more or even some of them are. But given the statistics on rape in this country (they are incredibly high), there are a lot of men out there just like that.

He treats women like crap. I know for a fact he treats women like crap. And that's why a lot of people are speaking out. It doesn't mean he raped her, but I can tell you that he treats women like crap, and a guy that has little respect for women is more likely to sexually assault someone than a guy who has respect for women. That doesn't mean all mean who have problems with women are rapists or that even more or even some of them are. But given the statistics on rape in this country (they are incredibly high), there are a lot of men out there just like that.

I probably shouldn't be getting involved here, but I just want to point out the following.

"All rapists treat women like crap" does not imply ANYTHING about treating women like crap. Just like "All rapists are human" doesn't say anything about humans.

BTW Mr Worthlessberger idiot, I'm not defending you, ya piece o' crap!

My two cents on the subject.

Breaking News: Pro sports star found guilty of possession of abnormally large ego.

Seems like its open season on Ben Roethlisberger - we aren't getting enough quick progress on the sexual assault case so we'll have to make do with a bunch of 'he said, she said' rumors and gossip.

If he's guilty of sexual assault then I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

But lets be honest, he's not the first or the last sporting superstar to suffer from a slightly obnoxious public persona.

The only reason we are hearing all these stories now is because the media panders to people with the attention span of the average 5 year old - they need their daily fix of what a bad guy Ben is - or else they might, you know, forget that he's been accused of sexual assault.

I probably shouldn't be getting involved here, but I just want to point out the following.

"All rapists treat women like crap" does not imply ANYTHING about treating women like crap. Just like "All rapists are human" doesn't say anything about humans.

Nice logical proofs, but my experience tells me that someone who treats women like garbage and calls them demeaning names, aggressively hits on the wives of his fans, is accused of rape in in another incident, and displayed boorish behavior on the night in question, is more likely to commit sexual assault than someone who hasn't been on record as doing those things. And how exactly does everyone get away with saying "he is not more likely, blah, blah, blah." I take it none of you have taken courses in criminal profiling or domestic violence. BR's characteristics are basic red flags of someone is more likely to be violent and abusive. Please don't confuse what it is admissible in a courtroom versus what is common sense outside the courtroom.

Nice logical proofs, but my experience tells me that someone who treats women like garbage and calls them demeaning names, aggressively hits on the wives of his fans, is accused of rape in in another incident, and displayed boorish behavior on the night in question, is more likely to commit sexual assault than someone who hasn't been on record as doing those things. And how exactly does everyone get away with saying "he is not more likely, blah, blah, blah." I take it none of you have taken courses in criminal profiling or domestic violence. BR's characteristics are basic red flags of someone is more likely to be violent and abusive. Please don't confuse what it is admissible in a courtroom versus what is common sense outside the courtroom.

I didn't mean to insinuate that certain types of behaviour don't indicate higher probability of certain actions nor anything pertaining specifically to this case. I admit I haven't read this whole thread, and probably should have just stayed out anyway. I will defer to your apparent knowledge in criminal profiling.

Last edited:

Exactly. You might as well point to the fact that he plays football and say that he's a violent person, and therefore more likely to rape someone. There are a LOT of people who treat women like crap, and the vast majority of them aren't rapists.

Might as well say that because Tom Brady plays in the NFL, and NFL players are more likely to be violent criminals, then Tom Brady is probably a thug.

Last edited:

Open contempt for basic logic is a great quality to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back