PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Redskins playcallers proving O'Brien's ineptitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyBranch39

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hate to post this during a game we're winning, but I can't help but notice.

Right, the Pats and every other team the Saints have played this season.

Right, the Pats and every other team the Saints have played this season.

Ummm no I don't agree. The Patriots were one of the few teams that got completely embarrassed and never had a real chance in the game to win.

o'brian needs to go ASAP he is a horrible failure.

O'Brien's ineptitude was proven long before. This doesn't really show anything, not everybody puts up 30 points on the Saints

I can't say that the blame should be 100% O'Brien's but he does deserve some criticism since for some reason this team really truly stinks in the second half of their games.

someone please take over the play calling from this guy!!!

Well dang, why is it everyone gives Dean Pees a free pass? That guy has s*cked since day one.

Last edited:
There is a certain Coach on the free-market.. I heard he won some superbowls too.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just thought I'd point out that the skins torched us in the air because our best coverage and blitzing linebacker, Scott Fujita, missed todays game. Also, we seem to be getting every teams BEST shot at this point.....it's part of being undefeated I guess. You guys ought to be well aware, even though I don't remember you guys having but 2 close games your undefeated regular season....the Giants and the Ravens. Our two close games have been the Rams and now the Skins. Most other opponents we've blown out by at least 10 points.

Oh...and the Saints came back to pull it out today! GEAUXX SAINTS!!

Just thought I'd point out that the skins torched us in the air because our best coverage and blitzing linebacker, Scott Fujita, missed todays game. Also, we seem to be getting every teams BEST shot at this point.....it's part of being undefeated I guess. You guys ought to be well aware, even though I don't remember you guys having but 2 close games your undefeated regular season....the Giants and the Ravens. Our two close games have been the Rams and now the Skins. Most other opponents we've blown out by at least 10 points.

Oh...and the Saints came back to pull it out today! GEAUXX SAINTS!!

Eagles was close if my memory serves me right

Eagles was close if my memory serves me right

yep! sure was it was a Monday or Sunday night game if memory serves me correct.

I have followed the Pats closely since ya'll put that whipping on my least favorite team in the world, The Rams in the Superbowl. I'm one of those fans that loves to see greatness, and the Patriots have personified that for the better part of the last decade.

Sean Payton has said that (paraphrasing now) he tries to model our club after the Pats...I'm just glad we have a coach that will take chances at times and recognizes that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

I watched the end of that game today, DomeDog. I got to give your teams tons of props !!! Your team reminds more and more of the '03 & '04 Pats. Today, you did just the opposite of what we have been doing repeatedly over the course of the past few years, and that is finding ways to win, when it looks like it is lost. Basically, today, you guys pulled victory from the jaws of defeat, which the opposite of what we have doing lately (see '05 Denver playoff, '06 Colts game, '06 Jets game, '06 AFFCG, Super Bowl 42, last years' Colts game again, this years' Jets, Broncos, Colts, and now Dolphins game). That is the difference between a "contender" (Saints), and a "pretender" (Patriots).

EZ76

Pats had several close calls in 07

Giants
Ravens
Colts
Eagles
Cowboys--tough game through 3 quarters I believe, just ran up the score with Kyle Eckel at the end

Not many people mention it, but we almost lost to the Jags in the playoffs--Brady had to literally be 'perfect' to win a gm to hide Pees' ineptness against a lower tier qb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday