PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official Week 1 NFL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be rational here (I know, coming from me...???)...this is the first week of games....history shows that these games are never an indicator of what a team will be like through the season...the most important thing about these games is to get teams up to NFL, no significant injuries and hopefully a win. A loss is hardly catatastrophic, nor does it indicate a trend going forward.

I agree. It is just fun to talk like this weekend is an indication of what will happen this year. Odds are there will be a team or two who gets smoked today that win their division and a team that does the smoking today to go 6-10 or worse. It is the flukiest week of the season every year.

Either the Ravens are better than expected, or the Steelers are quite a bit worse.

Either the Ravens are better than expected, or the Steelers are quite a bit worse.

My personal opinion is that the Steelers have been riding that aging defense one season too long. Time will tell if I am right. It is ok to have a few players over 30 on defense, but they have all but two to three starters over 30.

After today, Houston will be overconfident about their ability and prospect. Time for Texans to Super Bowl talk here in Houston.

Steelers & Ravens. Is that clapping (I assume by someone too close to the announcers' microphone) driving anyone else nuts?

And can you prefer that both teams lose a game?

Last edited:
After today, Houston will be overconfident about their ability and prospect. Time for Texans to Super Bowl talk here in Houston.

Suzie Colbert already predicted a Texans Super Bowl bearth.

Last edited:
Directv NFL package this season is loaded with bells and whistles...

Cutler is having one of his good days...although the day isn't over yet and he has plenty of time to screw it up.

The Texans have a cakewalk to the division on talent alone....weakest division by far with Peyton on the shelf.

Like what? I have it. Haven't checked out all the features. What should I be looking for?

Ravens 2nd year TE duo looks good, non existent last year.

Still no gronk/aaron :D

Imagine the Texans playing in the SB on Indys own turf....might be suicides in Hicktown

Last edited:
Buffalo is embarrassing the Chiefs

I saw a commercial stating free Red Zone today. Mine is not there for free.:confused:

Is Bryant McKinnie this good or James Harrison lost a step? I know Harrison looked really slow this preseason coming off of a surgery, but McKinnie is dominating him.

Looking at the Texans' schedule, they could be the kind of team that puts together an 11-5 record without beating a single winning team.

The Bungles are back. The Browns leading 14-13.

the Red Zone is channel 503 on my DTV

Cutler is having one of his good days...although the day isn't over yet and he has plenty of time to screw it up.
I heard a quote today when some show was on and they were talking about a QB. as long as _____ is in there, both teams are still in the game. That's describes Cutler as well. for all the great he does, there's those bone-headed plays that can cost you as well.

Suh and his gang are now in their preseason after beating the Brady bunch in the Super Bowl

Yea, but the local press goes nuts whenever there is the slightest good news about the local team, such as the prediction this year that the Astros would be competitive. The rest of the season will be unbearable.

34-0 Texans after Jone's punt return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye