PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Michigan with the largest choke job of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even begin to describe what just happened in the Michigan/Michigan St game except that the punter should probably be kicked out of the school. Wow

I was rooting for Michigan due to the whole Brady connection. I guarantee you he was watching when this happened. This was THE rivalry game of perhaps this entire college football season. Biggest game in Michigan history since Brady's bowl game probably. He must be soo fu.cking mad right now.

went to michigan same years as brady late 90's. this one really hurts.

but no, this wasn't the biggest game in the michigan history. not even close. before the season started i circled this game as a L. sparties are better than us simply because they have a QB, and we don't. i can't believe rudock is our starter. i can't believe we have nobody who can beat out this no talented borderline game manager.

sparties will always be our distant 2nd rival. osu will always be our #1 rival.

but it hurts. this will last long

Amen.

Bye weekend was pure torture watching some of those slobfests.
Next week may be a new low.

There is only one NFL game scheduled between teams that both currently have winning records: Pats vs Jets.

Three 5-0 teams (Packers, Bengals, Broncos) all have a bye.

this matches bama-auburn ending few years back.

right before kicker bobbled, i was praising michigan's special team. this same kicker had 80 yard punt in the 1st half. we were doing everything right as far as special team goes

what a crappy way to lose a game.

i'm hoping brady to destroy colts tomorrow and make me feel better

Hate to be that kicker on campus right now. Hope they take it easy on him

Curse of deflategate strikes again lol on the college scene. John Harbaugh should apologize to jim

This is good news. Angry Brady just got angrier for tomorrow night.

well...Alcorn State was all set to open a can off whoop-niblets on Grambling State but then TRAGEDY struck...

Grambling blocks PAT to defeat Alcorn State 35-34 in OT

Martez Carter scored on a 1-yard run -- and then booted the extra point -- in overtime as Grambling rallied to defeat Alcorn State 35-34 and rise to 5-0 in conference.

..sob...whimper...sniff...WHY??? Why God??? Why did you do this to ME????

You all that live in the New England area probably don't have great college football programs near by to root for ;)

New England has the best of both worlds:

1) the best football team on the face of the earth.
and
2) the best universities on the face of the earth.

Sorry, but I have no regrets.

We'll leave it to the other regions to usurp their universities to produce second-rate, amateurish football.

and

We'll leave it to the other regions to usurp their universities to produce second-rate, amateurish football.

but...but...Indiana will ALWAYS have THIS...so, maybe a tinge of regret, Shmess?

draft_lens2210058module11916329photo_1223337908junior-samples-hee-haw.jpg

and

Hands down, and it's not even close.

Hey nab, where can I buy one of those unicorns?

I am seriously considering telling the company tied to this ad that I'll buy their product (a toilet footstool - seriously!) if they add a mockup of this unicorn to their store.

well...Alcorn State was all set to open a can off whoop-niblets on Grambling State but then TRAGEDY struck...

Grambling blocks PAT to defeat Alcorn State 35-34 in OT

Martez Carter scored on a 1-yard run -- and then booted the extra point -- in overtime as Grambling rallied to defeat Alcorn State 35-34 and rise to 5-0 in conference.

..sob...whimper...sniff...WHY??? Why God??? Why did you do this to ME????

Sounds like a game that I would've lost money on. And yes--all I needed was that idiot to punt the ball away for Michigan, or at least fall on it.

Tackling the guy as time expired would have been another (very) acceptable option. Basically, anything other than what actually happened ;)

I thought I was ahead of the game by pairing Michigan with Alabama in a teaser and only needed to win outright, instead of -7. This is why people shouldn't bet on college football. The whole "they're a bunch of dumb ass kids" factor really throws a lot of unpredictability into the mix.

I also blame Harbaugh a bit. He could've just had his QB run around and heave it, leaving a few seconds on the clock and no chance at a 62 yard FG. Or he could've at least put someone behind the punter in case the snap was bad/bobbled. Effing pathetic.

Last edited:
I am seriously considering telling the company tied to this ad that I'll buy their product (a toilet footstool - seriously!) if they add a mockup of this unicorn to their store.

I gave the footstool a whirl once in the doctor's office once when I had a high colonic done due to severe constipation. I was desperate as hell.

Don't knock it 'til you try it--the footstool that is, not the colonic. That part sucked. This said, I've seen a couple of people who have them in their home bathrooms and they just seem weird to me. Unicorns or not, you don't want any part of that game.

I gave the footstool a whirl once in the doctor's office once when I had a high colonic done due to severe constipation. I was desperate as hell.

Don't knock it 'til you try it--the footstool that is, not the colonic. That part sucked. This said, I've seen a couple of people who have them in their home bathrooms and they just seem weird to me. Unicorns or not, you don't want any part of that game.

No indeed, but I'd still get one as a show of appreciation for effort on their part. And really, who wouldn't want a pooping unicorn plushy? :D

Sounds like a game that I would've lost money on. And yes--all I needed was that idiot to punt the ball away for Michigan, or at least fall on it.

Tackling the guy as time expired would have been another (very) acceptable option. Basically, anything other than what actually happened ;)

I thought I was ahead of the game by pairing Michigan with Alabama in a teaser and only needed to win outright, instead of -7. This is why people shouldn't bet on college football. The whole "they're a bunch of dumb ass kids" factor really throws a lot of unpredictability into the mix.
Picking college is way easier than picking the pros. The problem with the pros is that they are too consistent. The point spreads are too accurate.

For college, just pick the bullies to win and win big. Top 10 teams were 5-0-1 against the spread today in games not played against other top 10 teams. Top-25 teams were 9-2-1 against the spread against non top-25 teams. Easy money.
I also blame Harbaugh a bit. He could've just had his QB run around and heave it, leaving a few seconds on the clock and no chance at a 62 yard FG. Or he could've at least put someone behind the punter in case the snap was bad/bobbled. Effing pathetic.
I can't blame the coach when the players failed to execute fundamentals. You're using 20/20 hindsight to criticize the coach for doing the smart thing. If they let the QB run around a bit and then MSU wins on a Hail Mary, Harbaugh would be crucified for not punting. And I have never, ever, once in my life seen a guy line up behind the punter to protect against a bad snap. With one less blocker, that invites a blocked punt.

went to michigan same years as brady late 90's. this one really hurts.

but no, this wasn't the biggest game in the michigan history. not even close. before the season started i circled this game as a L. sparties are better than us simply because they have a QB, and we don't. i can't believe rudock is our starter. i can't believe we have nobody who can beat out this no talented borderline game manager.

sparties will always be our distant 2nd rival. osu will always be our #1 rival.

but it hurts. this will last long

Wolverinejoe i dont think the Spartans have a better team, not even close. They do have Michigan at the QB position though. That kid can make all the throws.

It sucks for Michigan, because I don't think anyone thought in the beginning of the season, that they would be 10 seconds away from beating Michigan State and entering the top10, but they were that close. Michigan is on the way up, and thats a scary thing for The rest of college football. Harbaugh brings the best out of his guys. Give it 2 years. I heard Michigan had a great recruiting class.

All these death threats against the punter though. It's just a game. Cyberbullying, MB psychopaths earn my wrath.

and

No apology needed, fair enough :D

Picking college is way easier than picking the pros. The problem with the pros is that they are too consistent. The point spreads are too accurate.

For college, just pick the bullies to win and win big. Top 10 teams were 5-0-1 against the spread today in games not played against other top 10 teams. Top-25 teams were 9-2-1 against the spread against non top-25 teams. Easy money.
I can't blame the coach when the players failed to execute fundamentals. You're using 20/20 hindsight to criticize the coach for doing the smart thing. If they let the QB run around a bit and then MSU wins on a Hail Mary, Harbaugh would be crucified for not punting. And I have never, ever, once in my life seen a guy line up behind the punter to protect against a bad snap. With one less blocker, that invites a blocked punt.

Unfortunately, it isn't quite as easy as you're making it sound in terms of the "bullies" covering the spread vs. unranked talent. What was Ohio State's record vs the spread this year prior to pulling away tonight? They were 1-5.

Alabama vs the spread going into yesterday's game? 2-4.

LSU vs the spread going into yesterday's game? 2-3.

How about Michigan State's failure to cover this year?

And we haven't even gotten out of the top 10 yet.

-------------------------------------------------------

If there was a clear cut method to picking top 25 teams to cover vs. unranked opponents (giving 40 and 50 points), everyone would do it. The secret would've gotten out. Trust me on that. It's good to know that the method would've paid off today, though. As a whole, most people tend to shy away from laying -44 points, and for good reason. Who wants to be up 52-7 and sweating a game if the opposition scores a meaningless TD in garbage time?

As far as blaming Harbaugh, Scott Zolak claimed that they always practiced the 7 step drop/run around and heave it play, since it was much safer than taking risk of bobbling the snap on a punt. I do agree that hindsight is 20/20. There's risk no matter what, but yes--Im pretty sure that teams have put someone back deep in situations where it's the only way you'd get beat.

Either way, we'll be hearing plenty about the decision in the coming days.

Last edited:
Bumper sticker commonly seen in Columbus, Ohio:

Pansies are maize and blue too

There also is a song, to the melody of "The Old Gray Mare ... ", that goes

I don't give a _____ for the whole state of Michigan

That said -- I never bought into all that. My loyalties, if any, are to UCLA, not Ohio State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents