PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Michigan with the largest choke job of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened?

Which is why, after watching Belichick football the past decade and a half, it's simply painful to watch the amateur crap. I get it, it's high energy, emotional, etc. but ..........give me the premium blend.
Let's be honest. We'd have a hard time watching an entire season of about 25 other NFL franchises at this point. That's how spoiled we are.

That unicorn is actually in a commercial for an adjustable ergonomic toilet :eek: ...LOL

What a colossal blunder by the punter. He may want to transfer to another school.
I feel sorry for the kid. He should've just fallen on the ball.

Which is why, after watching Belichick football the past decade and a half, it's simply painful to watch the amateur crap. I get it, it's high energy, emotional, etc. but ..........give me the premium blend.

I don't disagree, although I think there are plenty of NFL teams that qualify as the amateur crap too, and I have no doubt Alabama and Ohio State could give the Jaguars and the Raiders a good game.

The premium blend comes with a premium price tag, and it's certainly a polished product. But there's something soulless about following the NFL too, especially with Herr Goodell doing all he can to ruin the game. The salary cap forces lots of tough decisions and a lot of strange sights. Packers fans couldn't have been thrilled to see Favre in a Vikings jersey. I wasn't happy to see Curtis Martin on the Jets either. The hold-outs, the potential lock-outs, the franchise tags, the revenue calculations and calculating bonuses and whether they qualify as LTBE for cap purposes and coaches playing the conventional way to avoid scrutiny and the safe play and the safe pick and the polished media answers...

It's more professional, and that's good in many ways, but not all ways.

No way, no how. No college team could stay on the field with even the worst NFL team.

Yeah, I've watched more college this year than in all years combined, and I gotta say, the standard is far below the NFL. The biggest difference is the horrible tackling, which is just barely worse than a lot of the pass coverage. I'm seeing now why being a stud RB in college doesn't always transfer to the NFL. All those tackles they break in college...probably a vast majority of those are finished tackles in the NFL. And sometimes the CBs just stand and watch the WRs catch passes.

I can see how it'd be fun to watch, especially with a dog in the fight (I went to a Canadian university, so I don't), but watching the BB-era Pats for 15 years has spoiled me too much.

Feel bad for the punter, but there are not enough bad things in the world that can happen to the Harbabies...

There's about 60 FBS college games per weekend, with the vast majority of players being future accountants, lawyers, doctors, etc.

Yes, you will see some amateur mistakes (which you also see in the NFL). But you will also see some damn entertaining football too.

Cute .gifs, but that isn't from this evening.

While I know my QB is probably devastated, anytime anything bad happens to a Harbaugh, it warms the ****les of this old heart.

I agree. Whatever a ****le is. But if your ****le is warm I guess that's good....right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents