PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Michigan with the largest choke job of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

VectorPrime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I can't even begin to describe what just happened in the Michigan/Michigan St game except that the punter should probably be kicked out of the school. Wow

I was rooting for Michigan due to the whole Brady connection. I guarantee you he was watching when this happened. This was THE rivalry game of perhaps this entire college football season. Biggest game in Michigan history since Brady's bowl game probably. He must be soo fu.cking mad right now.

Unbelievable ending.

It was a hard fought game between two good teams. What a colossal blunder by the punter. He may want to transfer to another school.

I just watched the replay. Wow. Literally no one on Michigan did their job, either. I'm not positive he ever gets that punt off.

Nah. Nothing—not even that game that shall not be mentioned, not the "fried chicken and beer" collapse of the Red Sox—holds a candle in choke jobs to the 2004 Yankees.

Nah. Nothing—not even that game that shall not be mentioned, not the "fried chicken and beer" collapse of the Red Sox—holds a candle in choke jobs to the 2004 Yankees.

I don't even care about the Red Sox but calling the ALCS a choke job by the Yankees undersells what the Red Sox did. You don't win 4 in a row because the other team chokes. The first maybe, not the rest.

This on the other hand was the choke of all chokes. The punter had one job and he botched it in the worst way possible at the worst time possible.

Flukiest ending to a game that I've ever seen.

Result shouldn't change opinion of either team, especially objectively (the polls).

****ty for B1G standings and bowl berths though.

what a horrible loss.. lol
yea tom's probably pissed!!

Wow. That's just idiotic.

Low situational football IQ.

I know people enjoy college football and it is high energy and all, but I cannot watch that kind of crap after being spoiled all these years by Belichick football.

It's like going to a bad restaurant with super excited wait staff.

I know people enjoy college football and it is high energy and all, but I cannot watch that kind of crap after being spoiled all these years by Belichick football.

It's like going to a bad restaurant with super excited wait staff.

image.jpg

"Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays!!!"

Last edited:
Michigan fan here, ****ing brutal. Unbelievable.

But I think it's a bit excessive to say the kid should be kicked out of school. Remember, he is a kid. 98% of college kids don't make it to the next level. He's also an Australian who has only had one year of experience in football. Poor situational awareness obviously, but not exactly unexpected given his lack of experience.

It's one thing to heckle a professional man making millions of dollars at the highest level. It's another thing to heckle some kid chasing his diploma and some college memories. Sending suicide suggestions and death threats to a 22-year old kid just feels wrong.

On the positive side, Alabama did a number on Texas A&M today, so I'm in an extra-happy mood just now. :)

I thought I was having a tough evening until I read about Michigan. #perspective.

Michigan fan here, ****ing brutal. Unbelievable.

But I think it's a bit excessive to say the kid should be kicked out of school. Remember, he is a kid. 98% of college kids don't make it to the next level. He's also an Australian who has only had one year of experience in football. Poor situational awareness obviously, but not exactly unexpected given his lack of experience.

It's one thing to heckle a professional man making millions of dollars at the highest level. It's another thing to heckle some kid chasing his diploma and some college memories. Sending suicide suggestions and death threats to a 22-year old kid just feels wrong.

Which is why, after watching Belichick football the past decade and a half, it's simply painful to watch the amateur crap. I get it, it's high energy, emotional, etc. but ..........give me the premium blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents