PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Matt Canada out in Pittsburgh

Why is because he led the franchise to most success of any one who has ever done it.
No one is successful unendingly. It’s a competitive sport. No one has come close to staying at the top as long. 4 years to rebuild after going to 8 straight conference championships, 5 SBs, winning 3 of them.
Who has ever maintained success as long, or rebuild this fast after it waned?
I will wait for your list.
Amazing you still can't see the correlation as to why. But I know you do, you're just being disingenuous at this point.

Why is because he led the franchise to most success of any one who has ever done it.
No one is successful unendingly. It’s a competitive sport. No one has come close to staying at the top as long. 4 years to rebuild after going to 8 straight conference championships, 5 SBs, winning 3 of them.
Who has ever maintained success as long, or rebuild this fast after it waned?
I will wait for your list.
I wouldn’t hold my breath that this rebuild is going fast.

The only way he returns as HC is if he gives up GM duties which I think he will.

Beginning to become convinced that SB1 is DKF’s long-lost brother.

Posts all day long; has bizarre hyperfixations and axes to grind; heavily reliant on media-generated narratives and talking points; utilizes vapid, empty “gotcha” catchphrases.

Amazing you still can't see the correlation as to why. But I know you do, you're just being disingenuous at this point.
The correlation is the same as any coach. When they players on the field are better you win more, when they are worse you win less.
It’s amazing that people like you think that keeping the dynasty alive for 20 years before the team fell off is some kind of negative.

I didn’t say it was going fast, I said it’s going about the way they all do.

OL is porous. WRs can't get open. Coaching is suspect. QB's confidence is shattered by previous season's insanity.

The only way he returns as HC is if he gives up GM duties which I think he will.

Which is fine by me, as long as he has No Say Whatsoever in choosing the new GM, be it Eliot Wolf or a total Outsider, i.e.: NOT Al Groh's kid.

Nor should you, since this "rebuild" isn't going fast... or anywhere else really.
It’s going pretty much like every other one, and is at the stage where poor qb play is holding it back

secret stephen colbert GIF

I'll let you in on a little secret, ready? It's not the coaching, it's the players. shhhh.
I don’t believe it’s the players athletic or mental ability. It’s their coachable abilities.

And I'll let you in on something that's Not a secret, throughout the whole dam league in fact: It's the coaching too.

this is worth 7 min of your time.

I don’t believe it’s the players athletic or mental ability. It’s their coachable abilities.
I don't think you can separate mental ability and coachable ability.

I don't think you can separate mental ability and coachable ability.
Maybe what I’m trying to say is that the players today are smarter as pertaining to their own physical health, money, marketing, branding. I’m going to think 5-10 years ago it wasn’t as prevalent. Especially in the last few years it has taken on a life of itself. With that also comes the deterioration of structures set in place by organizations steeped in authority. No one should be greater than the team. This all undermines what structure and cohesiveness is all about. Hence it’s harder to “reach” the players.

Maybe what I’m trying to say is that the players today are smarter as pertaining to their own physical health, money, marketing, branding. I’m going to think 5-10 years ago it wasn’t as prevalent. Especially in the last few years it has taken on a life of itself. With that also comes the deterioration of structures set in place by organizations steeped in authority. No one should be greater than the team. This all undermines what structure and cohesiveness is all about. Hence it’s harder to “reach” the players.
I think the whole CBA thing and how it affects practices and the lack there in is a huge factor.

Which is fine by me, as long as he has No Say Whatsoever in choosing the new GM, be it Eliot Wolf or a total Outsider, i.e.: NOT Al Groh's kid.
They need an outsider because if Wolf or Groh are the GM, they are really just the "GM". What I mean by that is they are not going to override Bill given they are only there because of him.

They need an outsider because if Wolf or Groh are the GM, they are really just the "GM". What I mean by that is they are not going to override Bill given they are only there because of him.

The Wolf's no longer a complete Outsider, but I don't think he's in Bill's circle of F & Fs as deeply as a life-time member such as Al Groh's kid is...
I'm still hoping he's kept most of his 'Tegrity from his time at GB & Cleveland .

The Wolf's no longer a complete Outsider, but I don't think he's in Bill's circle of F & Fs as deeply as a life-time member such as Al Groh's kid is...
I'm still hoping he's kept most of his 'Tegrity from his time at GB & Cleveland .
Oh boy let’s do things the Cleveland way!!!

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back