PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers Fans Coming Down On Team, QB, Tomlin After 30-6 Loss to Houston

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Tomlin is still one of the better HCs. He, like BB, need a QB to win.

The Chargers with Tomlin would be a legit SB contender.

Their OC Canada may be one poor game away from being fired.

You can only coast so long on your accomplishments

Steelers have forever coaches. Otherwise he should of been gone a decade ago.
You could say the same of the Pats. I've been a fan since the early 90's and they've only had three coaches.

A lot of similarities to here after they were also blown out last weekend:

Squealers never Ever EVAH should've beaten the Brownies either.

Before the season, I remember one of the defensive players say something like Pickett is great the final two minutes of the game but he needs to be much better the first 58 minutes or something to that effect. So the tensions between the defense and offense were already there before the start of the season.

its really hard for me to not cheer against Pittsburgh but what id love is for them to win 9 games again so they continue this at least another year with pickett/canada . Last year it should’ve been clear as day to anyone that neither guy has any business having their current roles/position but that run at the end completely blinded people.

The Steelers are almost exactly where we are at. A franchise legend QB leaves. Bring in a bridge guy who can't play. Draft a kid. Looks like he can't play. Get embarrassed. Wonder which owner blinks first.

I was just looking at the Steelers record by season with Cowher and then Tomlin.

Cowher had a stretch from 1998-2000 (3 straight seasons) of not making the playoffs. That’s the only window I could’ve seen him getting canned. Like Schottenheimer, Cowher look like a guy that just couldn’t get it done.

Tomlin has been on the rollercoaster since 2008 Super Bowl win. There were two windows where he missed the playoffs two years in a row, but then got back to the playoffs. While he’s made the playoffs twice in 5 years, he has not won a playoff game since 2017. His seat could be getting warm.

Last edited:
There were 3 Pats coaches from '90-'93.... so you've been a fan since '93 or '94? You don't know what NFL pain is.
No one here does. Not the anti-Mac crew. Not the anti-BB crew. That's where the Pats are headed.

i hate when the media keeps talking about who should be fired next , its actual people and their livelihoods. That being said, its all about the relationship with the media. Tomlin gives good sound bytes and is friendly so people like florio dont keep talking about him being fired like they do for BB. Steelers have been to 1 SB in 10 yrs and they have had a decent roster until recently.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back