PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Manning to Jets not ruled out

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way. Peyton Manning has a neck injury, not a head injury. The Jets implosion is just heating up and Manning does not want to go to a team that is tearing itself apart.

If they can clear enough cap money, the team that would be a perfect fit for Peyton Manning is the Dallas Cowboys. Manning has proven he can handle owners and GMs to get things his way. He'll have the weapons he needs, he can handle the big stage, the defense is good enough to keep them in every game and he can be the bridge from Romo to the next guy. Manning to Dez Bryant would be lethal.

Remember where you saw this prediction.

I will...LOL Jerry isn't ready to move on from Romo and they can't co-exist financially or practically. Dez would drive Manning bonkers, probably be lethal for Dez. If he's even around long enough for a QB to be his undoing.

That would be scary. The NFC would be stacked.

As a Ravens fan I find the thought terrifying, all the horrifying things Manning has done to us and then to actually give him a defense!!!

But you know, ya never know. I'm not a basketball fan but seemed like the Heat couldn't lose too. Sometimes things don't work out as they look on paper.

Speaking of which, I think Manning would probably go to a team that's already good. Someone close to making the Super Bowl already. A team with a great defense. But a team that could use an upgrade at QB. Hmm, who else does that sound like???

Ah well. I'm also looking at pictures of Lamborghini's and the Swedish bikini team. It's nice to think about these things even when you know you haven't got a shot in h*ll :)

Ok, I'll play. San Francisco.

After Alex got them this far, not gonna happen unless he totally unravels on Sunday. They can sign him for $10-12M per on one of those escapable deals and he's already Harbaugh's guy because he hung in on a one year prove I'm a genius deal and Harbaugh stuck with him when everyone said that was insanity.

People that say Dallas or SF are likely destinations for Manning are delusional.

SF is committed to Alex Smith and view him as their long term QB. They will build around him.

Dallas isnt going to just dump Romo and get Peyton. Let's be real.

I think his most likely landing spot is TN...

KC...?

People that say Dallas or SF are likely destinations for Manning are delusional.

SF is committed to Alex Smith and view him as their long term QB. They will build around him.

Dallas isnt going to just dump Romo and get Peyton. Let's be real.

I think his most likely landing spot is TN...

KC...?

Fine. Beat us Sunday, make Flacco look bad, send Manning to Baltimore and we'll take the next five or so :)

As a Ravens fan I find the thought terrifying, all the horrifying things Manning has done to us and then to actually give him a defense!!!

But you know, ya never know. I'm not a basketball fan but seemed like the Heat couldn't lose too. Sometimes things don't work out as they look on paper.

Speaking of which, I think Manning would probably go to a team that's already good. Someone close to making the Super Bowl already. A team with a great defense. But a team that could use an upgrade at QB. Hmm, who else does that sound like???

Ah well. I'm also looking at pictures of Lamborghini's and the Swedish bikini team. It's nice to think about these things even when you know you haven't got a shot in h*ll :)

Not sure how much cap you got but if Flacco lays another egg on Sunday Baltimore might be on Manning's radar...and visa versa. Peyton loved Johnny U and would that ever stick it to the Irsay clan.

Considering Flacco is not signed beyond Sunday, the games outcome might have a bearing on this.

Fine. Beat us Sunday, make Flacco look bad, send Manning to Baltimore and we'll take the next five or so :)

I think you'd compete for the next 3-4 but I don't think Peyton has another 5 in him and there is no way Ray does, and when he goes that will leave a void... Not even sure Reed has another 2-3 in him as the hits just keep mounting.

I want to play.

Dallas or Arizona

Dallas: Desperate owner, great WRs and TE..and a nice fleet of RBs. Plus....what a media circus...if Manning hit Big D....24/7 Cowboys....Ed Werner will need clones to get off his every 5 minute reports. Lastly....indoor stadium....and isn't that Pey Me A Ton is all about

Arizona:...Indoors, need, Fitzgerald, weak division, and they don't play his brother twice a year. Ariz has been thru this before with Warner....dry heat could for neck......bolts in neck won't rust

I think you'd compete for the next 3-4 but I don't think Peyton has another 5 in him and there is no way Ray does, and when he goes that will leave a void... Not even sure Reed has another 2-3 in him as the hits just keep mounting.

3-4 is fine but in that case I still want the lambo and the bikini team, dig?

Last edited:
Possible Teams:

Arizona
Miami
NY Jets
Seattle
Cleveland
Dallas
Jacksonville
Tennessee
San Diego
Oakland
Chicago

He will not be back in Indy they are clearly cleaning house. I think he will get cut and probably go to Arizona or Miami assuming he does not retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call