Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

6 games left. How many more wins for your 2023 Patriots?

Votes: 22 26.2%

Votes: 39 46.4%

Votes: 17 20.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10. I BELIEVE IN THE 6 TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Mac Jones and Jordan Richards both suck

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Only remaining win this season is the day Mac Jones is released

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zappe won't win squat. He stinks like McCorkle and will be sent packing with him.

Grier possibly. No recent tape on him. I'd still rather see him play so we see something new. Or even better Cunningham but that's not happening.
Zappe would have the won the game against the Giants if he started, especially if he took all the reps with the first team that week instead of BB waffling between the two of them. Is he the answer, probably not, but he's better than Mac, Mac's confidence is in a free fall.

Cunningham is a WR in development... forget Cunningham.

I’ll say 1 more win but I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if we lost out the rest of the schedule.

Mac is a puddle, they don’t trust Zappe to try throwing beyond 5 yards. Tbh our best chance of winning any games is to put Malik Cunningham in as starter. The play calling is already dumbed down enough.

Zappe would have the won the game against the Giants if he started, especially if he took all the reps with the first team that week instead of BB waffling between the two of them. Is he the answer, probably not, but he's better than Mac, Mac's confidence is in a free fall.

Cunningham is a WR in development... forget Cunningham.
Agreed Cunningham isn't happening but he would be way more fun to watch than the other two stiffs.

I’ll say 1 more win but I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if we lost out the rest of the schedule.

Mac is a puddle, they don’t trust Zappe to try throwing beyond 5 yards. Tbh our best chance of winning any games is to put Malik Cunningham in as starter. The play calling is already dumbed down enough.
And when Mac tries to throw over 5 yards it's usually to the other Team talk about QB Irony. :rolleyes:

If Zappe is named the starter for the rest of the season then I believe we will win this week vs the Chargers, Jete and Bills.
I don't know why people have any more confidence in Zappe than others do Mac.
They're both sub-par QB's with similar abilities and weaknesses.
Zappe has shown the gaping inability to read defenses down the field, and make very poor throws. Which is why they only let him throw screens the whole 2nd half. He may have the stronger arm, but he has not been as accurate as Mac (when Mac's head is not f'd by his own HC).
Sure, he hasn't had as many reps as Mac, but he also doesn't appear to present enough of an upgrade to Mac - which is why Mac keeps getting to play.
When you have 2 bad QB's, you pick the one that gives you at least the better chance at SOME success. The coaches believe that's Mac.
That's the story of the '23 Patriots. It's another blown season.

Zappe has shown the gaping inability to read defenses down the field, and make very poor throws. Which is why they only let him throw screens the whole 2nd half. He may have the stronger arm, but he has not been as accurate as Mac (when Mac's head is not f'd by his own HC).
Sure, he hasn't had as many reps as Mac, but he also doesn't appear to present enough of an upgrade to Mac - which is why Mac keeps getting to play.
When you have 2 bad QB's, you pick the one that gives you at least the better chance at SOME success. The coaches believe that's Mac.
Zappe's arm is weaker than Mac's IMO. Zappe plays with more confidence and the team responds to him. He also has much better pocket presence and throws with some anticipation. He is able to actually move the offense. The Chargers are not a very good and also tend to shoot themselves in the foot like we do. I think Zappe gives us a chance at being competitive and ultimately winning.

Arguments can be made for other teams' offenses being worse than New England -- Giants, Panthers, Jete, etc. The Pats are 26th overall in yards gained, for example. If you want to go only by points scored, the Pats might be last overall BUT have scored more offensive touchdowns than the Giants, Jete and Carolina. Pretty bad, yes. The worst, maybe not.
Brother I keep seeing you make a similar point and I don't get it. They may or may not be the definitive worst. They still have a very strong case for being the worst. It's like arguing which gap toothed port side broad with a deadly std has more warts. The answer is the difference is irrelevant.

Should have picked Sam Howell instead of Zappe in that draft. He would be our starter today. I can live with the sacks. He's got the ability to drive the ball downfield and I'd take that over whatever it is that McCorkle and Zappe are doing.

Schedule is pretty rough the rest of the way. Chargers is winnable at home as Herbert has never really played well against Belichick, but until this offense shows... SOMETHING, there's no reason to think the Pats can outscore them. Steelers are better this year than I thought they'd be, and it's a road game. Chiefs is a loss. AT Denver is usually a loss, even when we had great teams. AT Bills is a loss, even with their struggles.

Jets is the only one where I'd bet on the Patriots, but any time you go against a good defense the games are always one or two bounces from going either way.

I voted 1. Probably Jets, maybe the Chargers. But 0 is on the table and 2 is the absolute maximum IMO.

Brother I keep seeing you make a similar point and I don't get it. They may or may not be the definitive worst. They still have a very strong case for being the worst. It's like arguing which gap toothed port side broad with a deadly std has more warts. The answer is the difference is irrelevant.
Nah… go look at the free agent class for 2024:

The best TE available is Hunter Henry, the second best is Mike Gesicki. The best linemen at their available positions find Patriots mixed in there.

Go ask some GM or fans of other teams, they’d love to add these players.

Nah… go look at the free agent class for 2024:

The best TE available is Hunter Henry, the second best is Mike Gesicki. The best linemen at their available positions find Patriots mixed in there.

Go ask some GM or fans of other teams, they’d love to add these players.
Are we still calling those guys "exceptional"?

Zappe's arm is weaker than Mac's IMO. Zappe plays with more confidence and the team responds to him. He also has much better pocket presence and throws with some anticipation. He is able to actually move the offense. The Chargers are not a very good and also tend to shoot themselves in the foot like we do. I think Zappe gives us a chance at being competitive and ultimately winning.
Zappe's arm is what made him fall way down and off the draft board for many teams (but not this team for some reason). That senior bowl tape didn't paint a pretty picture.

He can move the offense with his 2 yard passes and the running game as long as the other team isn't pressing up to the LOS and the Giants didn't on his first drive on Sunday. When they start doing that he is toast cause he cannot throw downfield. That won't cut it in the NFL.

If the offense is going to show up in any game the rest of the way it will be this weekend. The Chargers defense isn't good.

Chargers, Steelers and Jets are their best chances.

I say 1-2 games, but I’m confident in that prediction.

Definitely underdogs from here on out, if they beat the Jets twice and get a top 3 pick I consider the season a success.

Probably 0, tbh.

I chose the I BELIEVE... option

I wanted to choose the Mac Jones sucks option, but some other guy was mentioned, and eh, it blunted the impact of the choice.

and, just as an aside...
pcUK54M.jpg

It doesn't appear as if Cunnyham's taken snaps at QB all month long; and if true then he's no longer an option there.

Grier, on the other hand...

I see two more wins. Here's how it happens;

Buffalo loses @KC, Dal and @LC and are 6-9 and out of the playoffs when they play the Pats in week 17.
The Pats lose the next 4 to LC, @Pitt, KC and @Den and get to 2-13 for that week 17 Bills game.
In week 17 Buffalo throws the game to get a better draft pick and to give the Pats a worse one.
In week 18 the Pats try to lose to the Jets but can't. The Jets suck too much.

This isn't really as far fetched as you might think and would give the Pats a 4-2 division record with sweeps of the Bills and Jets and still keep them in 4th thanks to losses in every other game they played.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back