PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Luck is still injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way he's getting out of Indy. He's on his 5th year option and Irsay can just keep tagging him after that to keep him away from another team. That won't happen, though, and they'll get a long term deal worked out.

I'd bet Indy would trade Luck for a run stuffing WR.

I have no sympathy for that team, it's ownership/management, or fan base. Luck, as a human being, sure I don't want the man to be seriously injured, but overall... let them all suffer.

My advice to them is to learn to lose gracefully.

So he might be feeling a little deflated now eh

Last edited:
In a sense, the situation reminds me of Bledsoe's when he was here. Surprised he lasted as long as he did with such a porous OL protecting him. Rather, I should say "between him and the opponent's players" because they didn't do a whole lot of protection.

Proving that all things are relative, compared to Jim Plunkett, Bledsoe had plenty of time to throw.

Luck is a good quarterback, but always seemed to be a reach to put him in the "elite class"... perhaps it is the flawed Indy system that does not favor his strengths, but he looks awkward at QB from my big comfy couch.

Luck is a good quarterback, but always seemed to be a reach to put him in the "elite class"... perhaps it is the flawed Indy system that does not favor his strengths, but he looks awkward at QB from my big comfy couch.

Luck looked pretty good the first few years, I think it is the flawed Indy system.

TB and BB have been a marriage made in heaven, leading to an unprecedented 15 year string of continous success. Other posters have wondered how much credit TB should get as the greatest of all time and how much was BB's ability to put together the right type of team around him. It was both of course.

I've wondered what TB's career might have been like in an average organization (as opposed to the top notch Pats), perhaps something like the Manning Colts, two SB appearances and one win.

I'm beginning to wonder if TB had ended up in a horrendous organization (like the present Colts), if his career might have been like a very rich man's version of Luck. Luck looked so good the first two seasons, he is being beat up so much that I think he is regressing (David Carr was an extreme version of this). If Luck had landed in a top notch organization, I think he would be a top quarterback. No Tom Brady of course (there is only one), but still a top quarterback. Too bad he is stuck on the Colts. :(

I'm not sure that Drew Bledsoe's career ever recovered from the physical pounding he took when Ernie Zampese hung him out to dry.
There was at least one piece I saw on the interwebs pushing the theory that Andrew Luck is 'broken' i.e he too has had the snot kicked out of him so often and so hard that he's never going to be the same player he was earlier. Too bad he broke some ribs, because I can't get Der Google to come up with the piece.

Andrew Luck: 'I still have some work to do'

Sounds like it has more to do with his shoulder injury than it does with his kidney, but it's still interesting nonetheless. He is looking at getting a massive deal from Indy but, if they don't put an OL in front of him, Luck isn't going to be alive to see the end of that deal. Luckily he has a pill addict of an owner to help him with alleviating that shoulder injury.
Wow -- that is bad Luck!

I hope he re-signs with Indy. I don't want him going to Denver in 2017. Mark Sanchez is just a place holder in 2016 for their next QB. Elway is keeping his eye on him, believe me.

As much as that would worry me what would be hilarious. Take Peyton from Indy and then take Luck.

Honestly if I was Luck I would force my way out of Indy. They ownership and management there are going to get him killed.

Luck is going to keep milking that shoulder until the Colts let him walk via FA, he'll then hook up with a winner and be well again

Luck may be the only player on the Colts that would make the Pats....maybe TY Hilton

As much as that would worry me what would be hilarious. Take Peyton from Indy and then take Luck.

Honestly if I was Luck I would force my way out of Indy. They ownership and management there are going to get him killed.

Remember that Elway himself was drafted by the Colts but refused to sign, and was subsequently traded to Denver.

What a cheating franchise Denver is, do they need to steal every QB they get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back