PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: I would love to see the Pats trade for FB Marcel Reece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Develin is done for the year so there is a need. This guy is incredibly talented. Can block, has some speed for a FB and he's excellent catching the ball out of the backfield. He's spent his career wasting away in Oakland who have never figured out how to utilize his talents. I've always thought he would be an ideal swiss army knife type of player that Belichick would have a field day with. He's 6' 1", 250 and an absolute beast.

Probably never happen, but I just wanted to put the thought out there into the ether. I've always liked him as a player and he's one of those guys who you watch and just think, damn if only Belichick had this guy, he'd know what to do with him.

So you're hoping Belichick reads the forum ..... eh worth a shot ... I love beast FB's ... it's old school football.

Perhaps a less expensive option would be Henry Hinoski. I think he's available. Besides IIRC he was Deion Lewis's FB at Pit.
The Pats had Hynoski in for a workout and chose not to sign him

I think Develin made the team more because he's develin, than because he's a FB. Anything's possible, but it is a position we can easily work around. I think a little Shaq Mason could really work situationally without taking up a roster spot.

Also, if a full back's on the field, you need to take someone else off.

Don't know enough about this player to guess if he's special enough.

Would have to give up a lot for this guy. Excellent receiver out of the backfield with size, speed, just a freakish fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents